You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Goblins

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Goblins

 

I've always been fascinated with the paranormal and I've been looking at this site for a while. I just thought I would post a story that happened to me when I was in middle school. Maybe someone can shed some light on what it may have been. I do have an overactive imagination, but I always try and find a reasonable explanation for odd and creepy experiences first. This one I'm just stumped on. (Sorry I don't have a huge amount of detail because it was about 10 years ago).

Around 10:00pm I was lying in bed in my room because it was a school night. Sometimes I'd just lay there and stare at the ceiling or look at things in my room for a while before drifting off to sleep. It's hard to explain, but to me in the dark, things kind of look pixelated like on a computer screen. Out of the dark I started to see little shadows. They were each about a foot tall maybe. No real features just outlines of shadows. I know it sounds silly but they were in the shape of little cartoonish goblins. (Can't remember exactly why, but they reminded me of something in the Disney cartoon Fantasia) They started out of nowhere and moved up from the foot of my bed to my face and then disappeared behind me. I laid there for a few minutes in awe and half thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me. After a few minutes it started to scare me. I ran out into the hall, turned on the light, and yelled for my mom. The shadows disappeared when I hit the light. I told her what had happened and she told me to quit being silly and go back to bed.

Sometime later I saw them again. I did the same thing, ran into the hall and they disappeared in the light. I again told my mother and got the same reply. I remember it happened at least one more time but the last time it was different. When I ran into the hall and turned on the light they were still there. I still saw them as shadows and they still came towards me and disappeared behind me. I yelled for my mother and she still told me I was being silly and that my eyes were playing tricks on me, even though I told her that I was still seeing them right that minute in the light. She sent me back to bed still seeing them. I eventually drifted off to sleep because I had no other choice. I never saw them again after that.

I'd just like to know if anyone has heard of anything like this. Was it my eyes or my imagination, or something else? I've had other "experiences," but as I've always been interested in paranormal things, I've always kind of had a good knack of scaring myself over nothing. Although I should also note that at the time I was into witchcraft with some friends. (Nothing negative though) I don't know if it has anything at all to do with this or not. Although other things that happened at that time, I credit them to being young and in a group of girls and scaring the crap out of each other. The "Shadow goblins" I just don't understand. If you have any questions feel free to comment. Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katiji, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
I've found gnomes to be significantly more difficult to perceive than most elementals, so I find it odd that someone would all of a sudden see them. But everyone is different, and sadly there's very little reliable research on this topic. Maybe you resonate with them more than most people.

One thing that is known though that the ancient celts would never build their houses between what they called "fairy mounds". I guess they quickly figured out that elementals running through their homes was a bit of a nuisance. Perhaps your home was on one such spot.
VampireSlayer (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
Why, in your opinion, do they come into my house? Are they dangerous?
Tiffanyj (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
Where and when the Gnomes show are two different things, I think they would be able to manifest on your curtains. But their real habitat is in the earth, in the underground places like mines and underground caves.
VampireSlayer (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
Tiffanyj, I have gnomes in my curtains. Do you think it is the same thing?
Katiji (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Thanks for the interesting info Tiffanyj:)
MuFox, I agree with you, and I usually explain things away as such, but what really bothered me is I was awake and saw them in the lighted hallway. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me. Thanks for the comments:)
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
I'm not saying I don't believe you but this usually happens when you're in bed. I also have heard or saw unexplainable things when I'm about to sleep but I just convince myself that I was half asleep... You know, not to scare myself. 😆
Thank you for sharing.:)
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
That does help me picture the event more clearly, but I am still pretty clueless as to what it was all about. Most unusual! I am glad you shared.
Tiffanyj (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
They are probably Gnomes which are an elemental being, I ounce knew this woman who would see these images in her carpet from time to time, just faces though in a mosaic form, not a moving shape. Its a bit weird I know.
Katiji (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
They did kind of march but not single file. It was more like several at a time over an area about three feet wide. As far as what they are I haven't a clue. I just know I saw them. It could have just been in my head but it felt so real, especially when I saw them as shadows in the light. Thanks for you comment. Hope this answers your question.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
What an unusual experience. I have a question. How were they moving? I have the picture of them sort of marching single file in the air a foot or two above you. I am not sure what to make of them. I suppose they could be some folkloric creature, but why on Earth would they randomly show up 3 times, play some weird march over the person game, then never come back? Even if they were some weird projection from your own mind, what would they represent & why would your mind create them?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: