You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost At Home

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At Home

 

Firstly thank you for reading this story. I am 23 years old and currently serve in the forces; however, I still live with the parents at the moment. My story begins roughly the year 2000 and also 2005 until today as both incidents occurred in both houses I lived/live in thus far.

My father, who is very interested in history and like me is very sensitive to the paranormal, brought a WW2 German Luftwaffe helmet home. Things started kicking off around the house. Mainly the sounds of someone moving up and down the stairs, there would be cold spots around the house in random locations. Sometimes whispering would be heard from behind you. Most of these incidents would occur usually to me, my father and brother. However, my mother and sister (who I will explain a bit more about later) were not affected by this entity.

However, once dad had enough of this happening especially as one night he woke to a black shadow in the corner. He sold the the helmet and all things paranormal ceased for a while.

Sadly my sister is mentally disabled and when she reached the age of 15 she had a 'friend' that use to go and talk to her. At first we thought it was just due to her condition. But one day I was walking upstairs (my sister's room was a little room that as you climbed the stairs, turned left and walked roughly 2 metres, you stood outside her door), I heard her talking to her 'friend'. And weirdly enough, I heard something else reply, faint whispering sound but spoke very quickly, which sent chills down my spine. Obviously frightened, I went and spoke to my father who told me the same thing had happened to him a few times. However, after this, when I was home on my own after school I would notice this black shadow which would fly up the stairs and into her room, disappearing on investigation. Same thing happened to my father and brother. This continued for around about a year and luckily this presence never seemed to be hostile so we left it be.

Finally moving to our home now when I was 15 in 2005. The house is the standard detached British home, nothing special. But activity here was a lot more/still is quite interesting.

The first year we moved in there was no sense or activity whatsoever. However one evening I was down stairs in the front room with some friends playing the Xbox, when suddenly this very loud bang and crash right above us came out of nowhere. We went to find out where the sound came from and, I promise you, there was no evidence to suggest where this could have come from. This bang and crashing would happen once a week any time, any day especially to me and my father when were home alone.

Then one time me and my friend were relaxing in the conservatory which you can see through to the kitchen. My friend said to me, "Is your grandad home?" I said no as he doesn't live with us, to which we both turned and saw in the kitchen an apparition of an old man stood over the sink, which then turned and walked off into the room opposite and disappeared.

Many of my friends, especially my girl mates, refuse still to go upstairs at nighttime as they say they feel a weird sensation and that they are being watched by something in my parents' bedroom.

Things picked up especially when me, my brother or father were at home. We would hear movement/loud banging on the stairs and up in some of the bedrooms. Sometimes there would be this knocking sound out of nowhere. Sometimes out of the corner of your eye you would see like a shadow but as soon as you turned it vanished. You would get the sounds of conversation, as soon as you enter the room it would suddenly stop. Cold spots which were just stupidly random.

But one night at roughly 3am in 2012 that I remember, I awoke to this shadow at the end of the bed. Believing I was still half asleep I closed my eyes and opened them again, still the shadow remained. I asked it, "What did you want?" and it simply vanished. Same had happened to my father too, but he tried to attack the shadow to which it disappeared. We both described it as being tall and very dark although it didn't emit any sort of evil feeling but it was very cold.

Also one day on my own at home after having a shower, I was shaving when I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs again. I wasn't frightened, until I heard it walk up onto the landing and walk right up behind me in the bathroom. To which I then heard like as if a little girl was laughing cheekily as if she had been caught being mischievous.

Finally I had enough of these apparitions, so I visited a psychic. She explained to me that there were two entities in the house. One was the old man, the other was a little girl. Good news was/is they are both harmless, mainly residual spirits.

So to this day at home there is the odd bang, things being moved and the knocking sound. The little girl, I think, loves playing with keys. And you get like the odd sound of a conversation, "Touch Wood". They have never seemed hostile towards us but have quietened down since my brother joined the RAF and myself the Navy.

Many thanks for reading.

To note: I have a few other true stories which happened to myself and also my father when he was younger.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bizzle90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
Very cool story. Can you immagin the ghost of a German soldier thinking "How'd I get in England?" Thank goodness they're mellow.
bizzle90 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
hey guys:)

Thank you for the comments I really appreciate them:). Basilisk193 yes all my family apart from my father are mostly in or ex serviceman:) Griff84 I assumed my dad was probably frightened therefore was just a inital reaction to a experience like that. Good news is they so far have never been harmful and will stay that way. And to add further it seems a lot more quieter at home at the moment which is surprising!
CornFlakes (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
She just saw you in the shower, it's funny for that little spirit 😜 but yeah your dad attacking the shadow does sound strange. Interesting read, waiting for your updates!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Hi bizzle90, can I just ask why your dad felt the need to attack the dark shadow. Did he have a reason? Especially if there was no feeling at all from it. It seems to me like a slightly odd thing to do if he didn't feel threatened?

I enjoyed reading your experiences, thanks 😊
Ghostexpert101 (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
I knew it was an old mab and a little girl I think if one died in WW2 the bang can be a gernade or something of how the died
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
Wow, all the men in your family are soldiers? If the old man was a soldier too - possibly introduced to your home together with the helmet, it can explain why he was fond of you, your pop and your brother. And the girl would naturally favor your sister.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
as long as they don't harm any of you and stay outta your way, I don't think you need to worry. Heck, if I were in your place, I would consider myself kind of lucky gettin to stay with such sweet spirits (am just guessing they're sweet! You'd know better). Anyway, be careful and god bless! =)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: