You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Entity Or A Witch?

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Entity Or A Witch?

 

I have seen and been around things paranormal and none of them scared me as bad as this did. I was living in Baxter Springs, KS at the time (a really small town).

It was a few days before Thanksgiving of 2004, and I had family that came from out town. My younger cousin, which I will call her b, was and has been into anything paranormal so my older brother and I were telling her about this witch's grave that we went and seen and until this day I can remember what was written on her headstone. This it what it says, "Remember me as you walk by, as you are now so once was I, so prepare for death and follow me". Well, she wanted to see the grave and trace it so my older brother, my uncle and my identical cousins all went to show her and my uncle the grave.

Well, my twin cousins decided that they were going to dance on her grave despite what anyone said to them. Nothing happened that first night. About a week after they left I kept seeing this dark figure in the doorway of my bedroom. He was tall and he was darker then dark! My mom had also seen him in our driveway by the gate (her bedroom was by the living room and from her room you can see it everything).

From then on strange things had happened but I would like to know if he was a just a giving us a warning or if they made him mad because about a month into the new year my uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer (he never smoked a day in his life because he was allergic to cigarette smoke). And then soon after that my stepdad had a mild stroke. I moved out the house and they were telling me how the keys would just fly off the wall and land in the middle of the living room. When my son (he was a newborn at the time) went and stayed with them, he would stare at the attic entrance as if he was waiting for someone to come down from up there he would cry if left alone.

Well, to skip a few years down, my mom had a horrible stroke while living there and she is now paralyzed on the right side of her body, and she and my stepdad are now divorced as well.

I was just curious as to if anyone has anything similar to this or know what it was that was causing my family and I such turmoil? All comments are welcomed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amberv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amberv (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
None of us have but here lately my son said he has been seeing a dark man in his room he said he can't see a face and it wears a cloak
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
amberv - there could be a couple of explanations, or guesses LOL, for what he could be. But first, have you or any of your family members seen him since the two times you mentioned in your story? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.
amberv (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
thank I will look into I just can't explain exactly what this thing was or what it even wanted
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
amberv - I found this link when I first read your story. Maybe it will ease your mind about this experience: http://www.vastpublicindifference.com/2010/02/remember-me-as-you-pass-by.html
amberv (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
I can not say if the entity was male or female, just that I could see the outline and see that it was darker than the dark its self and that it was really tall but a tfter everything that happened to my family I didn't see again was personally was not disrespectful but my younger cousins were and I'm not a hundred pecent sure I it truly was a witchs grave just what was wrote on it and stories that go with it her grave said remmber me as you pass by as you are now so once was I so prepare for death and follow me
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Hi amberv, I will just echo what the others have already commented. How did you know the grave was that of a witch? Was the dark figure you saw defiantly male (as already said, if it was then the two are unlikely related). Your two cousins perhaps required checking for their very disrespectful behaviour, the graves of anyone are a sacred spot and to act in this was plainly wrong. If they were only young at the time, and 'didn't know what they were doing' then someone with them should have stopped them. I don't believe this action could have lead to the following tragic events that have befallen your family. Divorce is, unfortunately, now common, and I would think the medical issues are just that, medical issues. I hope your parents recover the best they can.

Thanks for sharing 😊
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
We are all brought up hearing fairy tales and bed time stories about princes, fairies and witches. Witches are considered Evil. In Fairy tales as a norm a witch is evil. The classification of a good/white witch or a bad/evil witch was not prevalent in fairy tales.

As Miracles asked you, how did you know that the grave belonged to a witch? Perhaps it is the local folklore, which you knew.

Knowing that the grave belonged to a 'Witch", you perhaps had a guilt that you didn't prevent your twin cousins (idiotic ones they surely are) from dancing on the grave. This guilt manifested itself in your sub consciousness that caused to conscious mind to see a dark figure.

The dark figure your mom saw in her drive way could be in no way connected to the dark figure you thought you saw.

A witch is always a woman. The male counterpart is a Wizard or a Warlock. My doubt is why you should see a male dark figure when you should actually be seeing a female dark figure. How did you know that the dark figure was male after all?

People die. In one way or the other. Attributing their deaths to guilt and a witch is just a means for you to come to a conclusion for your grief & guilt.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
I would think if this supposed witch were going to make anyone's life miserable it would be the two who disrespected her resting place. I don't think your visit to the grave brought misfortune to your family. Although, it sounds like your cousins could stand to learn some respect for the deceased.
Smoking is the most common cause of lung cancer, but certainly not the only cause of lung cancer. Divorces are, sadly, incredibly common. Strokes would be more likely caused by family history and lifestyle than paranormal influence. Sometimes, bad things happen, its just a part of life.
Although I don't doubt that there was a shadowy figure in your home, I don't believe that it or the "witch" had anything to do with the sorrow that later befell your family.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
Amberv- I'm sorry for your losses. On another note I do not believe the deaths in your family is related to the witch's grave. My mother also passed from lung cancer and never smoked a day in her life. And ALL her siblings are divorced except her and my dad, and few of my family members passed away in tragic ways, but half was due to their life choices and half was just how life was planned for them. This is why I do not think its the witch's doing. I have a few questions;

1. What did you guys do during the time at the grave site? (did you touch it? Were you disrespectful?, etc)

2. What makes you think it was the witch's doing?

Thank you for your time and story!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
amberv - just curious, what made you think the grave was that of a witch?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: