You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is There Something In My Room?

Real Ghost Stories

Is There Something In My Room?

 

Let me tell you some things before I start. I'm 18 and the paranormal experiences took place in this apartment where I moved with my family about 3 years ago. I still live here.

When my family and I moved into this apartment, everything was fine. These things started happening about a year later when we came back from our summer vacation in Spain. I started seeing shadows of a person in my room. I would see it every night in the mirrors that are on the doors of my closet. I would see someone running from one side to the other and as I turned around to see what it was, nothing was there. At first I thought nothing of it, but when I started seeing this shadow every night or every other night, I told my parents about it. They ignored me.

Then I would see this shadow everywhere. I couldn't stay alone in the apartment because I always felt like someone was watching me. Then my parents bought me a new double bed and moved it right next to the wall. This is when the scariest thing happened.

I was laying in my bed and facing the wall, everyone else was asleep. All of a sudden, I heard someone breathing near my feet. At first I thought it was just me, but when I put my hand on my nose and stopped my breath for a few seconds, I realized it was not me. There were no cars on the street. Everything was silent, just that breathing could be heard. I jumped from my bed and turned on the lights and saw that nobody was there. I put my hand on my mouth again to see if I would hear it again, but this time, there was nothing. So I turned off the lights and laid down again, facing the wall and closed my eyes. Just a minute later, I felt someone breathing on my neck. I was so scared so I stayed the way I was, but when I couldn't take it anymore, I turned around and nothing was there. I have told my parents about it, but they don't believe me.

I have experienced more things like these after that night, but nobody believes me. I don't know what to do. I have no idea what this "shadow" could be... Most of these things happen in my room...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustSomeGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Jazolinlea

I have thought about it, but I wasn't sure. I think I'll try it soon. Thank you!
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Have you considered maybe asking if there is any way you can help this spirit move on? Unfinished business seems to be one possible reason for haunting. It is possible that you brought something back from Spain (though if you only bought brand new cloths and shoes it seems less likely. Pottery, old jewelry and items of the sort though could have someone attached) When it shows up again try asking if you can help them. The spirit may surprise you (I pray in a good way) Be safe and I hope the new apartment is clean of spirits so you can get some rest.
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
PaigeTheGymast

Yeah, I think that too. Because every time when I'm even close to forgetting that there is someone else with us in our house, this ghost or shadow does something to show me that it's still here. Never anything harmful though.
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I am pretty positive that this ghost does not have a wish to hurt or harm you in any way. It seems to me like it is a good ghost and if it wanted to hurt you it probably would have already. I don't even think that it wishes to scare you and it is just showing you that its presence is there.
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Darkangel73

I'm glad to hear that and thank you for your help.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Thank you, we are doing well; I wish you the best of luck on your ventures.
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Darkangel73
Yeah that's true. I will try, thanks!
I hope you and your son are doing well.:)
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I know when I lived at my old apartment I didn't notice anything until my deceased husband came back from prison. I first heard footsteps in the hall in the wee hours of the morning, My son would smell food cooking that I didn't smell, then I started to smell food also, the thing that kick the haunting into overdrive was when I moved a friend in 2008. Now I know why everything went beserk because she is a medium and didn't know it at the time. I can't give an valid explanation to why the things are happening but there is something going on, you may want to research the property and previous occupants of the apartment. You never know who did what on the land before the apartments were built. I wish you well.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Justsomegirl you may have some sensitivities, then again some spirits just are picky with who they want to see and hear them.
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Lady-glow

I don't know. If it came with the stuff then everyone else should be able to see it too, why only me?

And I have explained everything to them and they said that as long as this thing is not hurting anyone, I shouldn't care. They said that we will be moving into another apartment next year so I shouldn't worry too much. But the thing is that they don't understand how scary it is when you see things that aren't supposed to be there... I hope things change when we move into the new apartment.

Thank you, will do.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
JustSomeGirl: I agree with Darkangel73, did you bring home anything from Spain?

On the other hand, you are not a little girl anymore and perhaps you should explain to your parents that these experiences are not just your imagination and have the need to stop them with or without their help.
There is a cleansing method by rookdygin, a member of YGS that has been a great help for many people. You can look for it under rookdygin's profile and try it.

Good luck and keep us posted. ❤
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Darkangel73

I don't think so... Everything we brought back were the things we bought at the shops there. Things like clothes and shoes...
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Jazolinlea
I'm Hindu and I do pray when something like this happens. But sometimes it doesn't help because I keep feeling like someone is watching me... I once told this shadow to go away and it went away for some time, but came back about 2 months later... Thank you!:)
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
One question: Did you or your family bring home anything from spain? There could be a possibility something could of been attached to an item brought back.
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Wow that is pretty scary! I know how you feel with no one believing you. I don't know what your faith is (if any and that's OK too) but I use to pray when something dark was in my space, pray for protection. If you have no faith or your still seeing/feeling this spirit, ask it to leave you alone (not an easy task all the time) but be firm and tell the spirit its not welcome in your home and stand firm!:-) I wish you the best of luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: