You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Moving Pictures

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Pictures

 

Since the majority of the responses I have received on this site have been helpful, I am going to add this story to what I have already said. It is something that I have been trying to explain away from the time I was about 9 or 10 years old.

The pictures that I am in move. Not the subjects. The physical pictures move to different places without anyone having touched them.

The first time this happened, my family had all just returned home from school. I was walking past our old rocking chair when I noticed that a picture that was normally across the room by the fireplace was laying on it, along with a decorative perfume bottle that had belonged to my great grandmother. I do not remember exactly what picture this was, but I know I was in it. No one could have possibly moved it because all of my family members were at school. My parents are teachers.

Another instance of this occurred when I had gone to stay with my grandmother for a few days. She and I had gone shopping. The front door was locked. No one else was home or had access to the house at the time. A picture of my mother holding me as an infant had moved from its place on a shelf to a couch about three feet away from it.

This has happened other times, but these that I have mentioned are the most confusing of them. They are the only ones that have occurred when no one was in the near vicinity.

The pictures in my bedroom sometimes will move from my bookshelf to my dresser when my parents are home, but I am not, and even though I know they do not go into my bedroom, I do not wish to leave out any possible explanations.

Other hauntings by hippiesiren

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiesiren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
hippiesiren - I don't know if I can say it's common. I think it's different for everyone. Our friends and family members who pass, and visit us, have different reasons for doing so. Not everyone has the same reason, and to be honest, we don't always know the reason why. And not everyone experiences a loved one visiting.

I'm just flying by the seat of my pants with my answer because I don't know the answer. I've been given messages for others whose loved ones who have just passed, or who have been gone for years. But I can't sit here and tell you that I know for certain that all my loved ones are still lingering. I believe it depends upon whether or not they have unfinished business, they are waiting on a loved one, or maybe they are just watching over their loved ones. Then again, there could be other reasons they are "earthbound".

This is just another one of those things that we may not know until we are on their side. Unless, of course, they choose to tell us 😉
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
A question for anyone who happens to notice; Is it common for family members' spirits to stay near by?
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Since this seems to be the most asked question; my great-grandmother passed away about 15 years ago.
HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
It could be your great grandmother. Just dropping hints that she is still around you, from the way you make it sounds it usually happens with pictures of you. And you stated the first time it happened it was with a bottle of her purfume, which gives me the hint its her.
Cloudzuc (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Wow, this is really interesting...it's hard to pinpoint the reason behind it. When things are inexplicable they are always scary! I don't think you have anything to worry about though 😊 Cloudz
JustSomeGirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Wow... That's strange. Maybe it's a hint? Or like PaigeTheGymast already said, the spirit wanted to make it's presence known.
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I haven't had any experiences with moving objects myself but this spirit probably wants for you to just simply notice that it is there
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Very fascinating story, is your great grandmother still alive?
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Wow that's so cool and terrifying!
The ghost could have a crush on you 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: