You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: 3:00 Am

Real Ghost Stories

3:00 Am

 

I was taking a trip to Flagstaff, AZ with my girlfriend. We were driving down the road, I remember that night very well. The green clock on the dash glowed 2:58 a.m. We were all alone on the freeway. Ahead of us, streetlights glowed brightly. My girlfriend mentioned something about 3 a.m. Being the peak of spirit activity. I looked at the clock on the dash as the minute hand crossed over to the 12. The hour hand rested on the 3. It was 3 a.m.

The streetlights began turning off one by one as we drove underneath them, leaving a darkened freeway behind us. The thermometer on the dash stopped functioning, our cell phones lost service, and the dash lights flickered and died, including the light that lit up the analog clock (we have a PT Cruiser). We continued to drive, totally freaked out. The inside of the car got very cold.

Eventually the streetlights stayed on as we passed them. The temperature returned to normal. The dash lights flickered back on and our iPhones regained full signal to the 4G network. We both looked at the now illuminated clock on the dash as the minute hand crossed the 12 again. The hour hand was on the 4. It was 4 a.m. The thermometer was working again.

The sun began to rise as we arrived in Flagstaff. I have not had a ghost experience since then. We stayed up late looking at the stars the next night, and 3 am arrived but nothing weird happened.

I don't know what that night was all about or why that happened? Can anyone explain to me what it was?

Thanks

Sam

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freakedout2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lostmybeeragain (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
I live in Flagstaff and our freeways do not have street lights on them.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-24)
Hi freakedout2013, there is nothing connected to 3 a.m. As witch hour. It is a hoax and so I don't think that whatever had happened could be connected to spirits or witch or paranormal. Again, driving panic for over an hour, well it is difficult to believe. But I am sure that whatever that you experienced is not paranormal. Because without any activity that I could get from your narrative, it is difficult to believe that it is paranormal or spirit activity.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Afraidnolonger (5 stories) (21 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I have driven a LOT on those roads in the middle of the night quiet often and that sort of thing hasn't really happened to me. I do know of several "dead zones" for cell phones during the drive... As for street lights I can't recall many but the ones I have driven past around the same time were on... Now I'm thoroughly creeped out because we are going out of town tonight and have to drive those roads haha Thanks for sharing.
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Being that you were out in the middle of nowhere, I'm guessing mobile coverage went dead due to tower distance. The lights were off and on as that sometimes goes on in those outer places. In the area I grew up in, in Louisiana it used to and still does happen regulary mostly due to old wires and poor care of connections. Could be the same thing going on in Arizona.
I would get you car checked out too before id think of supernatural.
At a long shot maybe you got caught in some kind of time rift. Which I have heard may or may not occur depending on who you talk to here and elsewhere.
Of course it could be just one of those events that remains unexplained. But will give you an interesting story to pass on to future generations.
JACQUIE.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
I'm on the fence with this one. At excatly 3:00 am everything shuts down, then excatly at 4:00 am everything comes back on. I just don't believe your story.
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Freakedout2013:

I've been sensitive to the spirit world my whole life and after reading this I do not believe it was anything paranormal. You may have hit an area (especially in between those towns near Flagstaff) that didn't have very good service. Also Highway lights usually turn off during those hours but that's depending on where you were because in the city that won't happen but driving down the Highways in between the towns that can happen a lot. I do not think you have anything to worry about. Best of luck and keep your faith!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: