You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: One Last Trick?

Real Ghost Stories

One Last Trick?

 

I thought I would share a story that, although was frightening at the time, brings me peace now:)

On November 15 2009, my uncle passed away from a brain tumor. He was very young and left a wife and two young daughters behind. Naturally we were all devastated.

At the time of his passing my family and I were living on a cattle station in Northern Western Australia. My uncle lived and died in Queensland (on the other side of the country). My mother, brother and myself flew over immediately to help my mum's sister (my uncle's widow) plan for his funeral.

We flew from Darwin, Northern Territory at 1:00am and arrived at 6:30am. We were exhausted and fell asleep as soon as we got back to my aunty's. I woke up at 12:00pm and went to the bathroom to have a shower.

Now a quick dash back in time. Bear with me, guys. It will make sense later on!

When ever my family would go to visit my Aunty, Uncle and two cousins we would constantly play jokes on each other... One of my uncle's favorites was opening the door to the bathroom when someone was in the shower, reaching his hand through the little gap and turning off the light (the shower was on the opposite side of the door).

Anyway back to 2009... So I was having a shower, thinking about the last time I was in this house with my uncle and how much I wish I could have seen him one last time... When the light turned off... I snapped to attention and reefed the shower curtain open to find a locked door (just as I had left it) and a flicked light switch.

I would like to say that I was calm and felt at peace and held myself together but truth be told... I ran down the hallway butt naked screaming and crying... My mother came in as soon as she heard my screams. When I told her what happened she smiled with her eyes full of tears and hugged me. When I told my aunty she laughed and told me that the same thing had been happening in her bathroom since his passing...

Nothing has happened since my experience that I know of. But he had to play one more trick:)

Rest in Peace, Uncle Darryl xoxo

Thanks for reading, guys.

Other hauntings by AussieChick95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieChick95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-24)
Hi AussieChick95, thanks for sharing such a nice experience of yours even though you got scared at that time. You are right. It was his one last trick and your uncle said goodbye to you in his own way of playing jokes with you and wanted you to make his presence known. Loved ones even after they pass on, will definitely come back to say goodbye and make their presence felt.

Once again thanks.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-24)
Thats cool AussieChick,
I had similar experiences after my Papa Joshua died in 1979. In life he loved to sing and dance and was fairly good at it. A week after he died I woke up to hear someone singing and dancing in my tv room downstairs in our family house. I was 14 at the time and it scared me at first until I realised the person singing sounded the same as my Papa. And I knew then he had come to say goodbye to me. So I said Ill miss you papa and I love you. Soon as I said that the singing and dancing stopped and I felt a sudden warmth around me like a big hug. When I told my mom and grandma a little later that day they both got teary and said papa had come to say bye to me and that I was very lucky that he did.
I think I was lucky too.
JACQUIE.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Thank-you johnnycashmuse:) I believe that he truly wanted to play one last trick:)
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
AussieChick,
Sounds like your late uncle could help but play one last trick on you, while you were in having your shower. I know and understand that it scared you into running nude through the house to your mom, I think I probably would have done the same thing!
But on reflection later I would have been happy that he did this to let you know that he was still around and clearly was trying to make you feel a little better, despite the sad reason you had to be there that time.
Sorry for your loss!
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Thank-you for the Comments guys:) It scared the hell out of me when it happened but I'm so glad it did:) I was going to cut the running butt naked part out as its not the best mental picture haha but for those of you who have read a few of my experiences know that I try to remember every detail! So sorry for the mental picture:) 😆
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Chick, I've got to say this I was having one lousy day. So tired that I can't seem to rest, if that makes sense. But after reading your story, I felt a smile break across my face. I even laughed a bit at the idea of you running buck naked down the hall screaming. But hey, I can understand that!
Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
Thank you for sharing this story! For many of us left behind, it is a precious event, to be visited, or have something occur to remind us of the ones who've moved on. Sometimes, even the most subtle of things can trigger a thought of a loved one who has died. I'm glad for you that it was a positive experience and that both your mother and aunt welcomed it with a warm and kind reaction! You are fortunate.
Daniel_Marrin (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
This is an amazing story. I'm glad you got to be around your uncle one more time and even played his usual tricks on you. Must have been his way of saying goodbye to you and your Aunty
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
What a sweet experience. I love that your uncle was able to say goodbye. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: