You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Kindly Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

A Kindly Old Man

 

Years ago I worked in a city as a paid EMT. Our crew would consist of 2 EMTs or one paramedic and one EMT. I did 12 hour shifts usually 6pm-6am or 7pm-7am. Sometimes the nights felt very long, especially if we were not too busy.

Ambulance crews would stage throughout the city to make it easier and faster to get to emergency calls. On occasion crews would meet up in the middle of the night just to pass time and hang out.

My partner and I met up with 2 other crews one night, it was about 2:30 in the morning and the city was fairly quiet. We stood out in the parking lot at one of the 3 hospitals that we would stage at.

After some time we were approached by a gentleman who appeared to be in his mid 60's. He wore a light jacket over his dress shirt and a tie, his hair was clean cut and white. This man was not very tall, maybe a couple inches taller than me. He didn't talk, just smiled and made an acknowledging gesture to both my partner and I, then walked away.

A couple minutes later I told my partner I needed to use the rest room and I would go into the Killington Building because it was an easier access both in and out. Inside I found that the bathroom was occupied so I waited in the front lobby with a security guard who was taking a break. After a couple minutes of idle chat he informed me that the bathroom was free. I stood and turned to walk away and noticed a portrait on the wall behind me. It was the gentleman from the parking lot. The kindly looking man was now looking down at me from the wall.

I told the security guard how I had just seen the old man outside and that it was an odd experience because he never said a word to us then just walked away. The security guard said that I could not have seen this man tonight but I argued the fact and he insisted that it was impossible because Mr. Killington had passed away 2 years earlier.

I told the guard that I know what I saw and had 5 other people who saw this man at the same time... I noticed the beautiful African American had turned a milky grey in color and proceeded to tell me he had heard stories about Mr. Killington visiting "his" building on several occasions, been seen in the halls on the upper floors. This security guard never believed the stories... Before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, arjarv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

arjarv (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-14)
Thank you for your questions!

I did investigate further starting with my boss. He was a Patient that used that building for several years both before and after this gentleman was said to have died.

My boss was taken back initially by my story and thought I was messing with him. I repeated my story to him and promised I had no need or desire to mess with him because I truly believed in what I had experienced.

My boss then became very serious and explained that through the years he had to utilized the facility with in the building (3 times a week) he had heard from several medical staff (doctors and nurses mostly) of seeing Mr. Killington as a see through type of figure with a distinctive stature that looked like the man they used to know walking in the halls on different floors and times of day, stepping into rooms through doorways that were no longer used and supposedly locked.

My boss assured my that he had known this man when he was alive and attested to the fact that he was a very caring and dedicated man. He told me that it would not surprise him that Mr. Killington comes back to make sure that everything is well in the place that he so loved.

ERizzy... The facial expression that I remember was that of a slight smile and a knowing look at me!

Arjarv
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-14)
Hi arjarv, welcome to YGS. That was a simple story indeed. But apart from the fact that you have heard the security guard saying that Mr. Killington used to visit the building several times, did you investigate the matter further. If so, please do share with us.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Hi arjarv, what an interesting story, sounds very nice, harmless man. But one question, when you said the picture of him was looking down, was he looking at you with no emotions, with a smile, or just following you with his eyes?

-ERizzy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: