You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Miss, Could You Kindly Hand Me Some Tissue?

Real Ghost Stories

Miss, Could You Kindly Hand Me Some Tissue?

 

I am writing about several things I have experienced while working. This would be the first experience, and I will write about the others in another entry.

One instance that I would like to share was when I was in the ladies' room in the office.

I opened the door to the ladies' room with some difficulty, because it has been painted on so many times that the door actually got thick enough that it doesn't fit the jamb. However, it has a mechanism that keeps it closed, so you would need to exert some force to get the door to open, and it would make a slamming noise whenever someone opens the door. The cubicles are being held shut by metal barrel locks, so whenever someone closes or exits a cubicle, you would hear a clicking sound of the barrel being locked or unlocked.

When I got inside, there was one closed cubicle, and obviously it means someone is using it. So I went in the one next to it, and did my business. However, I just found out that the cubicle I was in was out of tissue. Luckily, there was someone in the other cubicle. In our office, it is a normal practice to ask anyone in the restroom (even strangers) for tissue paper if you find out that the cubicle you are in doesn't have some.

So I just spoke out loud, "Miss, could you kindly hand me some tissue?" "Sure," she replied. Then I could hear the familiar sound of the tissue dispenser, and a hand appeared at the bottom part of the cubicle, with the tissue I asked for.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"No problem," she replied.

So I went on my business again. Then I just noticed that I could no longer sense any movement from the cubicle on the other side, and it's taking her quite some time to exit the cubicle. While I was almost done and was already fixing myself, I said thank you to her again, but this time I didn't get a response, which to me is kind of alarming. Wonder what happened to her in the cubicle?

I knocked at the cubicle several times. No response. So I opened my own cubicle to get some help, and as I stepped out, I turned to look at the cubicle she was in.

And found out that it was wide open.

There was no one in the room except for me.

It still baffles me to this day, because I just can't think of any other way she could have left without me hearing it. First, the metal barrel lock: you can't miss the clicking sound when you open and close the cubicle door. Second, the main door. There is no way that that will make no sound, because the ill-fitting door would make a sound when you pull it, and it will always slam because of the faulty mechanism (you can't tug it closed because of the mechanism, but after a while it would let out air and just slam). Third, there are only two cubicles in that ladies' room. There is no way she could have hidden somewhere, because it's a really small room with one sink. You can't even fit five people there all at the same time.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by sylunedarkchylde

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sylunedarkchylde, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Syl,

Thank you for sharing this experience...

Shell,

I went back before I got to the end of your post... Something struck me as odd... But I could not figure out what it was so I finished your post... Saw what you said you typed and then went back and found it... AND even knowing where it is now when I read that sentence my brain STILL omits the extra 'the' 1/3 of the time... What a great way to prove a point.

Respectfully,

Rook
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Thats weird and baffling, can't find an explanation at all. Anything happened in the bathroom or building?

-ERizzy
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Hi!are you a filipino? I'm just going to ask you two questions:
1.Did you saw the hand of the 'person' or 'entity' that gave you the tissue paper?
2.You said that you knocked on the cubicle and there was no response. Then you opened your cubicle to get some help and went outside to check on the other cubicle. I don't get that part.
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Omw, I struggled, but here it is...

"and the the various ways"

It breaks off so it makes it hard to find.

Also, you never did mention a "Flush" So, I would find that strange too...
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Is it possible the woman might have left, turning both the cubicle lock and opening the main door as your toilet was flushing drowning out the noises the doors would make?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Very well explained Shell, and a point that I think needs made here often.

I am still looking for the double the, my brain just won't seem to acknowledge it!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Now that's funny, I don't care who ya' are! LMAO!...Ah geez, my sides hurt!
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
LMAO, so it is! How ironic. I thought I had put it before the word "brain" somewhere, which is why I couldn't find it obviously. And that's even though I was actively looking for it! A point (inadvertently) expertly made, lol! I didn't do that on purpose, honest πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Shell: Nope...It's still there πŸ˜†...I have to admit, I had to go back and find it πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Ack, what happened to my double "the?" I think the forum in its infinite wisdom decided I'd made a mistake and corrected it! Pity, as it would have made my point really well 😒 πŸ˜‰
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
sylunedarkchylde: I really don't think you should be so sure of your senses to discount that possibility out of hand. Our brains are trained to filter out irrelevant information (such as the repeated banging of a door; or, for a more everyday example, that effect you get when wearing perfume when you stop being able to smell it after an hour or so, even though someone approaching you for the first time can smell it perfectly well.) It's not about being "absentminded" - it's a normal brain mechanism that everyone has that keeps us focused on the important things. Now, your brain might not have filtered out the noise, of course: there might genuinely have been no noise. But you can't dismiss that possibility out of hand.

I think that dismissive attitude is the reason why so many people THINK they've had paranormal experiences when they haven't. People are usually not willing to believe that their brains can play tricks on them - they say things like "I KNOW it wasn't a hallucination," (noone could POSSIBLY know this for sure) "I'm not the suggestive type," (you don't need to be) "but I am a very sceptical person," (even sceptics can think illogically when scared) or "it wasn't a dream, I was wide awake" (your brain can be simultaneously awake and asleep, bizarrely, so being awake does not prove you weren't dreaming). Having studied neuroscience for many years I've learned all sorts of bizarre facts about the brain, and the the various ways it can play tricks on you. I'd recommend Oliver Sack's book "The man who mistook his wife for a hat" for examples of how fallible the human brain really is, if you don't believe me. Also, I wonder if you noticed that I used the word "the" twice there, or did your brain filter that out? πŸ˜‰
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
[at] Shell: Unfortunately, I am not "absent-minded". Like how I described it in the story, even if I did zone off a bit, the sounds of the two doors (the cubicle door and the main door) would definitely wake up a sleeping person--let alone someone who's drifting into their own thoughts. So I would have to discount that possibility.

[at] Davidspalm: Thank you for the thoughts; however, I am in no position to be able to do such a thing here in the company. And about your question on how the hand looked and felt like: the hand looked completely normal. No distinct features, just that it looked like it belonged to a tiny girl. I didn't really get to touch her hand, just the tissue she gave, but I didn't really feel anything out of the ordinary.:)
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Hi sylunedarkchylde,
I feel compassionate for the deceased worker. What was the accident?
Could you describe the moment she handed you the tissue paper, did you notice the colour on her hand and did you feel any coldness on her hand?
I personally feel that she has to cross over and rest in peace though she may be very "helpful". Conduct a religious service and help her move on... She needs to realize she is no longer on living earth.
Nice and neat story with lots of descriptions.
I feel sad for the deceased... 😒
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
That sort of thing happens to me a lot in bathrooms. I mean, thinking there is someone in the cubicle next door then getting that eerie feeling on leaving the cubicle and realising there's no one there. I just think it is absentmindedness - you stop paying attention to the sounds, and so you don't notice the person leave.
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
[at] Amer: Yes, it was a human hand. She had tiny fingers. I could imagine she's a tiny girl--about 5 feet to 5'2" at the most.

[at] quixoticqt: yup.:) never saw her again, though.

[at] DeviousAngel: It wasn't really scary when she handed over the tissue, I mean, I honestly thought it was a real human being. When I got out of the cubicle, that's when I got freaked. 😨
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
That is so crazy! I got chills reading this one. I am so afraid of paranormal things happening in the bathroom. I think that is such a vulnerable time and place for something creepy to happen. It is a small, enclosed space and you are in the middle of private business. Just too creepy...

Either way, I am glad for you that this entity, whatever it was, was at least helpful!
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
😊 What a sweet experience; well at least a helpful one.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
❀ Qt
_-Amer-_ (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
When she gave you the tissue have you saw a humen's hand or not? 😲 πŸ˜• I think you should work again in that cubicle 😨
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
[at] cecil: sadly, I don't know where her desk is, exactly. We have 600+ people in this facility, and people have come and gone, so I really have no idea where her desk used to be.: (--and God bless you too, dear.:D

[at] zeta: I work in a call center. I train people there. We usually work night shifts.:)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I liked this story for a couple of reasons. First; I have never heard a story such as this. (Normally we don't envision ghosts having to use the "facilities"). And second; there is a little history that may explain who this "helpful haunting" may be.

If anyone is a "Harry Potter" fan as myself, you know about the ghost that haunts the Hogwarts bathroom... Moaning myrtle I think. Anyway, I can see this ghost being that way.

Thanks for sharing and by the way, what type of place do you work at?

Zeta.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
hm well I might have thought that you just didn't realize the door opening or something...
But after your comment it seems clear and probable that it might have been the ghost of your deceased colleague!

It's a nice story though:), I'll like to remember this one!
Put some fresh coffee on her desk for her or something else that includes your "office-manners" there!

Diyos pagpalain:)
shahzeb (6 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
go back there and take some choclate with you. Put them there on the sink and say out load thank you for the tissue paper here are my regards, stand out side and wait some minutes go back and check what happened.
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Well, I did tell everyone in the office about what happened. They said it could possibly be one of the agents working here. She died in an accident on the way to work three years ago.

Rumors say that she was asleep when the accident happened, so maybe she didn't know she died yet. According to stories I gathered, they were hearing keyboard typing, her chair was moving on its own, and the drawers were being opened and closed--happened a few minutes before one of their teammates broke the news.

But then again--these are rumors. I don't know if these are true or not, but she sure is one helpful ghostie... And for sure she has just died recently, because she knows that particular office culture.
Yasmeene (4 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
o.0 Oh My Gosh... Out of everything I have read, even the growling ones. This has got to be the scariest one I've reard. I mean you saw a hand a human hand. X.x 😲
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Wow that is kind of creepy. Have you reaserched the history or anything? Keep us posted ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: