You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Emma

Real Ghost Stories

Emma

 

When I was about 4 years old, I lived in a house owned by my grandfather. It was a small house, two bedrooms. And my little sister had just been born. I had a best friend, his name was Brett. He was two years older than me. Him and I often played in the front yard of that house, and since the entire property was fenced off, we didn't need to be watched.

My father made me a play house out front. It was fun to play in, the three of us. There was this girl who used to play with Brett and I, her name was Emma. Emma was the same age as Brett, with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She always wore a green dress and black dress shoes. I told my mother about Emma, and she thought she was just an imaginary friend. She often would watch Brett and I play outside, and she never saw her. I saw Emma and talked to her all the time, until I moved away. My father and grandfather got into a fight, and my grandfather kicked us out. I never saw Emma after that, except once...that's a different story. My grandfather burned down my little playhouse, and I cried. It was the only place Emma liked to be in.

I never told her I was leaving. I thought she would be mad at me for having to leave. She got mad when Brett needed to move away. A few years later, my father was cleaning out a warehouse across from that old house. He found a newspaper (Which I no longer have) on the news paper, it talked about a drive by shooting of a young girl. She died while waiting for paramedics. Her name was Emma, and there was a picture of her. Blonde hair, and bright eyes, and her little green dress she always wore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Honey_bee42699, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Hi Honey_bee42699, welcome to YGS. Wish you had the newspaper clipping. But still if you could possibly recollect how old the newspaper was or when it happened, it might be possible to even trace the paper. And do you still live around that area. If so, you can even now investigate the matter. You can ask the neighbours. If you could possibly find out when Emma was killed, then the elders in the area could possibly help, and even some of them might have had an experience of seeing her after she was killed.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
happyhappy-yumyum (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
Blonde hair... Bright blue eyes... Wears a green dress... MARY IS THAT YOU?!?!
Hehe... Sorry ^^; Ib reference. (it's a RPG horror game that I highly recommend you watch, famous YouTubers like Pewds and Mark played it)

Too bad you had to move away... I bet you guys were good friends...:/ But hey! There's other REAL people you can hang out with! 'Emma' seemed nice enough but maybe you shouldn't play with her. I heard ghosts aren't what they really seem! Are you a Christian? If you are you'd probably know what I mean. Hopefully everythings okee dokee now!~❤
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
This is a very sad, but interesting tale.: (I'm curious, you said you saw her once again and that that was a different story? Were you reffering to the clipping, or was there something else? I'd love to hear more on that.
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
It's a great thing to have made a connection, though a few more details would have been interesting. Do you happen to remember how old the newspaper was?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
I wish you still had the newspaper clipping!
How very tragic: (

At least she had playmates who were there to keep her company!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: