You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: What Emma Saw In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

What Emma Saw In The Closet

 

My cousin Emma asked me to tell this story for her for two reasons. First she doesn't know how to type. Secondly she is only 7 years old. This is what Emma saw in her closet.

She was lying in bed one night when she saw a white glowing person standing in her closet. She asked him what his name was but he just watched her. She said she wasn't scared because she knew he loved her. I asked her how tall he was; she said he was tall like uncle j. I thought... Who could it be? I asked her what he was wearing. She told me he was wearing a cowman hat. I know. She said like the boys who ride horses and chase cows. It clicked. Cowboy hat. I had all the pictures of the men in our family who are wearing one including my great grandpa. She was looking at the pictures and she was setting aside the ones she wanted to look at later.

She was looking at the ones she set aside when she jumped up and said I found him! I asked if she was sure. She showed me the picture and when I saw the man from her closet I had to hold back tears. The picture was from a family reunion that took place in 1988. Emma was born 15 years later in 2003. 12 years before she was born my great grandpa passed away. She said "Ash, you were so cute when you were little." I asked what she was talking about. She showed me the picture again, and I realized it was the one that was taken when I was sitting on my great grandpa's lap. She asked my why I had so many bandaids on. I told her the story of my bug bites. She laughed and told me that I should wear my shoes more often.

Emma is a very bright child. She knows things like I did at her age. When her great grandma, MY great aunt, asked if she knew who anyone was in some pictures she had, she said "no but they are all in heaven waiting for us to come back someday." and walked off to play. My aunt was shocked and a bit confused. This is it for now; I'll be back with more encounters.

Other hauntings by ashleylesley

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashleylesley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
This story is beautiful, thank you for sharing.
These type of stories really make me anxious to see if my son (he's due in apr) can confirm that my mother's spirit is here with me. I can feel her, but I'm not sure if it is just a hope or if she has stayed with me. ❤ ❤ ❤
ashleylesley (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Update!:

Emma has been seeing more family that have passed on. They ask her to pass on messages. And she does (if she remembers). ❤ ❤ ❤
trollkyrka (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
that was a wonderful story! Made me all warm and fuzzy inside =) Emma sounds like a wonderful little girl, tell her thank you for sharing the experience with us:)
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
wow that's crazy, but def believable. Children for some reason have this gift so much easier than us adults. I am actually going to be telling another story that's been happening with my two year old so look out for it lol. Great story and keep us posted. Take care
FoolishAct (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Such a nice little girl... Very touching... I remember talking to a girl like that on some park here at the Philippines, and suddenly disappeared... 😁
ShadowRyuu (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
That is a really nice story. A good change from all the doom and gloom one's about the place. I'm glad you shared it with us. Thankyou.

"Deal in only the facts that can't be denied." ShadowRyuu
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Wow!
I would surely put this in a nice apparition/entity/ghost category. Simply precious. What a sweet positive story. Really touched my heart.
So glad you posted it ashleylesly.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
That is sooooo cool! 😊...My granddaughter has an "imaginary" friend named John who kisses her on the forehead before she goes to sleep at night... John is her grandfather's name, he was killed in a motorcycle accident three weeks before my daughter was born... I love this kind of story!

Thank you and Emma for writing it! 😊
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
That was a very touching story. I think it's really neat when a passed relative comes to visit the reletives they never got to see. If Emma sees the ghost again, tell her to try to get the ghost to talk to her. 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: