You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Are You?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Are You?

 

When I was young, my family lived in what was an old farmhouse. One day, when I was about 8 years old, I was sitting by myself in the newly remodelled living room watching TV. My mom and brother were both upstairs. All of a sudden I had this feeling of being watched. It started to get rather intense, and it made me very nervous. I had felt this before in the same room, but at this moment, it was much stronger than it had been in the past. As the feeling got stronger and stronger, I got more and more nervous. I started to sweat and shake. I hugged my knees to my chest, summoned up all of my courage and asked, "Who are you?" To my surprise, I got a reply. A man's voice said my father's name as clear as a bell. My father was away from home, travelling on business, so it could not have been him, but it sounded just like him. I was, of course, completely freaked out. I ran upstairs, and tried to pretend that everything was ok. I asked my brother if he had been talking to my dad on the phone just then. That of course was not the most logical explanation, but I was a young kid and scared out of my wits. He said that he had not been talking to my dad.

From then on, I avoided that room altogether unless someone was with me. I did learn later that my father was named after his father. My grandfather died when my dad was a teenager, so I never met him. My dad was technically a "junior," but stopped using the suffix after his dad died. He didn't discuss his father with me until I was a bit older.

One possible explanation is that it was my grandfather, but I keep coming back to the idea that it was someone else, trying to mimic my father's voice.

Other hauntings by Anabelle

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anabelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anabelle (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Sheetal-I would sometimes tell my mother about my experiences, but she never believed me. Her usual response was, "You're dreaming!" This would be her explanation even when I was wide awake at the time. My dad travelled a lot for work, so he usually wasn't home to tell. I did talk to him about some experiences that happened later, and he was rather receptive. My sister and I experienced some things together, but even so we really haven't ever talked about it. My brother and I were never very close, so we never talked about much at all. I've talked about my experiences to some friends, but overall I just hate getting that look, the, I thought you were normal, but clearly you are a wack-job, look. I tend to keep quiet about these things now, even when it comes to my family.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Hi anabelle I've read your previous story and find that you've many experience in that house. I just want to ask did you ever discussed it with your family?
Anabelle (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
This was the second story that I have submitted to this site; both stories happened in the same house. There were many strange things that happened in that house, and I plan to get them written out and submitted soon. I am not entirely sure that it was just a simple, someone died here and stuck around type of thing, though. The things that happened to me here were different than what I would experience later once we moved as a family, and once I moved out on my own. It was never just some farmer walking into a wall, or objects moving on their own. It always felt like something was screwing with me. That type of atmosphereis something that I never felt again, despite having had many other paranormal experiences throughout my life.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Was this the only experience in the house or have you had others?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: