You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was This My Friend?

Real Ghost Stories

Was This My Friend?

 

In April 2005 one of my best friends died in a drunk driving accident. It had been two weeks since I talked to him last and have always felt like I didn't get closure or the chance to tell him I love him one more time. His mother always used to say he was in love with me. I always used to feel bad because he never really found his true love or have kids like he so desperately wanted. My story happened two days after he died.

I was sleeping over at my mother in law's house. It was a very old house, the kind with stone foundation. I think it was built around the late 1800s. My husband, my mother in law, and I had just went to bed after having a few drinks and some relaxation time. When my husband drinks, he snores loud and I couldn't sleep. So I got out of bed to put my pajama pants back on and go sleep on the couch. However... I only got them half way up when I felt this presence in the room. I looked over and there was this glowing green orb floating in mid air about ten feet away from me. I froze stiff and just stared at it for a few seconds. Then suddenly, it just floated off into nowhere. It disappeared! Keep in mind this house is in the middle of no where on a back country gravel road. No cars ever drove through for this to be a reflection of some sort.

I was so stunned, I yanked my pants the rest of the way up, and busted into the living room. My mother in law was sitting on the couch. She looked at me and said, "Holy cow! You look like you've just seen a ghost!" Then I told her what happened.

Other hauntings by stacym1978

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stacym1978, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stacym1978 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-26)
Nillix91 - Thank you for that, it made me smile.:) Sorry to hear about your loss, but yes, there's got to be a higher meaning. Take care.
nillix91 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
I do believe it was him to give you some comfort. My best friend died when I was in the 9th grade. I remember waking up that morning telling myself "I'm going to see what josh is doing today!", then I came to school to hear he collapsed during basketball practice that morning. Weirdly I didn't see him for about two weeks as well. Then about a month or two I saw him in full form for about 10 secs with his huge smile he usually had and two thumbs up, also an inside thing between me and him, and I knew he was in a better place.

Just sometimes God needs his best angels back stacym. That's how I feel about it. I hope my story helped you in some way.:)
stacym1978 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
SDS - After I got over being surprised, I felt a little more closure. I felt good about it and still do. My mother in law believes it was him, and I mostly do too. There was just a positive happy feeling that went along with the surprise in the moment.

Notjustme - That is sooo neat! I love the picture. Thank you for sharing. And honestly afterward, I felt good.:)

Sam222 - Eric had a good heart. He was the one in our group that would give the shirt off his back to anyone. And I know people say that a lot about people that have passed, but this is so true. He was such a positive and loving person. Anyone who knew him would say the same. It was also only two days after the event, and I was taking it REALLY hard. I mean REALLY hard. Maybe he knew that.

Thank you all for your input.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
I don't see why it couldn't be your friend, and you know what?, elanoremily said that green is associated with the heart, and nature, well you said his mother said that he was in love with you, so he obviously had a great heart, it fits together. And I know from other peoples experiences that; after a loved one dies; it makes a final (not really "final") visit very shortly after they pass away (sometimes that day, or the next day - a week or two, not very long). In my opinion, I think it was him, but I can't really tell you the real answer cause I don't know, but it does fit together, but if you think it was him, then it must've been, unless you can think of another thing it may be.
Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm sorry he passed away 😢 I hope no more tragical things lye in your way. 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
HI Stacym1978 - I'm sorry for your loss and I can feel you miss him deeply. I have read that green orbs suggest a healing spirit. I have caught one before on camera of my bearded dragon (random I know) but I felt really good after I saw it. How did you feel inside afterwards when you were done feeling surprised? I have attached my orb photo to share with you. I hope you feel better soon. I do sincerely believe it was your friend telling you he's ok now. ❤
Http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/Aveldro/media/get-attachment.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 (BJJ helped me upload this 😊)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Aw that is a kind of sweet ending to a tragic event. Thanks for sharing it with us. Welcome to YGS
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Hi stacym1978, welcome to YGS. Val and elnora did put the thoughts quite clearly. But you haven't answered Val's question. When you saw the orb did your friend come to mind and what was your gut feeling then? I question you this because your mother-in-law said that you looked like you have just seen a ghost. Means you were scared or something like that. But you only said stunned. Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
stacym1978 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
I didn't know the color had any meaning until now. The part about it being associated with a presence of a human spirit as opposed to one that was never on earth in human form. So neat!
stacym1978 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Thanks for your comments. Your input is so very interesting. 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Along with what elnora said, green orbs are also thought to represent healing. Which also fits.
You ask if this was your friend - the best answer anyone can give you is maybe. Only you know, really. After the initial start of seeing it, what did you feel or think? Did your friend come to mind? What does your gut tell you?
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
"In spiritual practice, green is associated with the heart. It is also associated with nature. Green orbs are sometimes thought to be an indication of the presence of a human spirit, as opposed to one that was never on Earth in human form. Likewise, green orbs may represent love or oneness with nature."

Http://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Ghost_Orbs_Different_Colors

That does seem quite fitting. Very sorry for your loss and I hope you found your closure.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
stacym1978- There are numerous stories here on YGS that have orbs in them. Most feel they are spirits and the color of the orbs have special meanings. Maybe someone with more knowledge will help you out with that.

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: