You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Is My Toddler Actually Seeing Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Toddler Actually Seeing Ghosts?

 

I'm just wondering if my toddler is actually seeing ghosts or if it is just his imagination. My toddler is 3 years old. We just bought a house that was built in 1920. We have not even lived there for a month and these are some of the things he has said...

He was playing upstairs in his room one day. He shouted down the stairs "Mama, Daddy, there's another Collin in my room!" (Collin is my toddler's name. I'm assuming he meant another little boy). My husband goes upstairs by him and begins to play with him, and he said "Daddy, there's another daddy too! He's standing right next to you."

Another time I was walking down the stairs and he was right behind me. Out of nowhere, he said "Mama, there's a hand on your shoulder."

My nephew was over one weekend (he is also a toddler - 2 1/2 years old)... And two times he looked past my sister and said "Hi" to nothing.

We were at my mother's house one day. My mom asked him about the other Collin. He said "He always dresses in black and he is frustrated most of the time". When we asked why, my son said he didn't know. But he said his name was Hodge. I have no idea where that came from, or if it is part of a last name?

The other night, I was putting my son to bed. I said to him, "Sleep good". He said, "Not like last night. The other Collin wouldn't let me sleep. He was making noise playing with my toys all night".

I have to say, I am anxious to hear what he will say in the future. But I am wondering how hard it will be to find out the history on our house. And also - is he actually seeing a little boy ghost? Or is it his imagination? I just wish I knew. Either way... If it is a ghost, I'm fine with it as long as he or she doesn't hurt my family.

Other hauntings by stacym1978

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stacym1978, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-06)
I posted my story about my son when he was younger. The old man and the litle boy Read it if you get the chance. I believe that young children see spirits 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
Hi stacym1978, I feel that your son and nephew are open to seeing/viewing/hearing paranormal. But as BJJ said, please don't try to frighten your boy. From your narrative, I could feel that whatever you have described was not harmful. Try and do investigation as per the advise of others. Keep us posted of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Sammiee (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
My mum told me that I use to sit in the corner of my room and play with with someone when I was younger. She told me that I never wanted to stop playing with "her". I have embraced all experiences I have had with ghosts. It is possible for younger kids to see them as they are more approachable are aren't scared of what is going to happen. They talk to them thinking they are just like you and me.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
Hi Stacym,

Regarding house history.
You could start by a ring around to local historical societies to find the history of your area and house. There's probably a lot of information about your area already documented online for public access.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
Stacym, it is my opinion that most humans are born able to sense a wide range of energies, ghosts in particular. As we grow, we learn the rules of our culture, what we can talk about and say, etc. We learn very early that these issues usually get negative responses from adults, anything from denial of the existence and arguments that it is someone's imagination all the way to outright fear and threats of hell and damnation, etc. I also think these abilities are more prevalent in some families, so a genetic link, if you will. It sounds like your son and nephew are quite open. It sounds like you are validating their experiences, which, also in my opinion, is good. This allows them to explore their abilities.

I agree with BadJuuJuu about the ground rules. This is another thing that most people do not realize, how much power they have over these energies. If they are not frightening or harming anyone, many often just live with them around. But you get to choose. House cleansings/blessings can remove unwanted entities. But everything you do is about your intent and strength. It sounds like they are not frightening. I hope you find a common ground with them. Always ask for protection or visualize your self, your family and your home being lovingly protected. This can help, too. Your intention is what matters.

I think we as a species have been doing this for a very long time. Our method of coping comes from what is available in culture at any given time in history. Fear usually prevails, but these sites are showing a growing awareness of our abilities. We explore these things at a very cool time in history, I think. Stay safe. I wish you and your family the best.

Hecate
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
You might want to set down a few ground rules, ask that none of your housemates try to frighten anyone or disturb anyone, especially your little boy. If Hodge is preventing your son from sleeping, that can be very frustrating for your young un.
This might have a couple of useful tips for researching the history of the house.http://www.realtor.com/advice/5-best-ways-research-your-property-history/
Look at the property itself as well as the house. Sometimes entities attach to land and not the house, but are active in the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: