You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Mother's Touch

Real Ghost Stories

A Mother's Touch

 

My mother became very ill, she had been in and out of the hospital for a couple of years. At one point she was on life support for 15 days caused by an overdose from an anesthesiologist while in surgery. My mother was a very strong woman who did recover. I never knew exactly caused her death. She passed away in 2009 & on her death certificate they listed several complications.

Before my mother passed away I had never experienced anything like this.

In 2013 my rottweiler Roscoe was very sick & we had decided to have him put down the next day. I was laying on the floor with Roscoe trying to comfort him as he couldn't quit moving his head from side to side. I began crying when I felt a hand stroke my hair back from my face. I looked behind me expecting to see my husband but he wasn't there. He was upstairs sleeping.

In 2014 I was going through a terrible conflict with my business partner. I needed to confront my partner about leaving the business & his thievery. Confrontation is very hard for me & I try to avoid it if at all possible. I was so upset my stomach ached. I was laying in bed thinking the only way out was to take my own life. I had my arm out stretched across the bed when a hand picked mine up & held it. Again I was alone my husband was downstairs.

I really believe my mother is trying to comfort me when I am at my lowest.

I haven't told anyone other than my husband & my son about my experiences as I didn't want people to think I was making them up or I was crazy. There are several other similar stories on this site so I know I am not alone & it is possible.

I would like to thank everyone for sharing their stories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LindaD53, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pumpchick15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
So sweet and so sad. I do believe that's your mother. Keep being strong and holding on. Don't give up!

Best regards,
Pumpchick15
LindaD53 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Vonboeckmann, thank you for your concern. I'm doing better now. That was a terrible thought I had for a short while. I found the courage to confront my business partner & leave the business. I'm in a happier place than I was at that dark moment.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Good afternoon LindaD53
Your mother sounds like a beautiful lady. Life changes when parents have passed but tbere is something I an not put into words when a daughter looses her loving mother. I was in ccu recently my mother was there with me.
Dont think of taking your life it is a beautiful gift from your parents. There are other ways of dealing with situations that get you down so low. No one has the right to take your life. Hold on to your mothers love.J
LindaD53 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Notjustme, I hope your mother stays with you & gives you the strength to quit smoking.
I've never had any touching experiences before. When she took my hand I definitely could tell it was another hand that was holding mine & to be honest it scared me. I keep telling myself if I am ever lucky enough to have her touch me again, I will embrace the experience.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Linda - Thank you for sharing with us your experience. I believe it was your mother consoling you. I lost my mom too and though I don't see her any more, I know she's with me everyday. I too agree with you that they will be there for us when it's our time. Funny that you mentioned how she took your hand, I had a similar experience. Recently I have been trying to quit smoking, and last night my brother in law handed me a cigarette and I hesitated before taking it. As I took my second puff I felt a static on my hand and right away my mother popped in my head, so I gave it back to him.

In saying so, I hope you do live your life to the fullest and happiest, for you owe that to yourself and your mother. Whenever things get too tough and she pops into your head, it is her speaking to you ❤

I use this to strengthen myself and I can see you do too 😊
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
LindaD53,
That's very reliving to know, I wish you the best, and I hope that she will be there to guide you. 😊 😁 😊
LindaD53 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Sam222 It is good my mother is looking over me & I feel very blessed. I also think when my time comes she will be there to guide me.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
I'm very sorry that your mother passed away and your dog, I know what it's like without a mother around, it's also sad when your dog dies, (when I was eight I saw my dog get hit) and that anesthesiologist should have gotten sued.
Now, your story I don't think your crazy, it's good to know that your mother is watching over you, thanks for sharing your story, it's a very positive experiance I would say.
LindaD53 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Thank you for your kind comments. It really scared me when she took my hand & I drew it back very fast. I hope she understood it just startled me & continues to come back.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
I agree with Elnora and SDS and think the same as they have stated. That's always nice to hear. Welcome to YGS.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Dear LindaD53, thanks for sharing such wonderful experiences. Loved ones, even after their departure from this world, come back to look after their kith and kin, sooth them whenever they are depressed. I think your mother is there to give you comfort when you needed the most.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
LindaD53 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Thank you, each time the touch helped give me the strength to do what needed to be done.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
This is very sweet. It would definitely seem to be a motherly spirit comforting you. I hope you are doing well now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: