You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Hannah's Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Hannah's Friend

 

This story is not of my experience but one I'm sharing of my sisters, Kristina and of my niece Hannah. They began experiencing strange things going on when Kristina, her husband Shane and their daughter Hannah moved into their new apartment about 2 years ago.

At first nothing major seemed to be going on, Kristina would tell me about hearing noises on the roof (like running and stomping) which was weird because they lived on the top floor of their apartment. She mentioned seeing a shadow from the corner of her eye run past her. Kristina said Shane would see the shadow too when he would be getting ready for work in the morning. She basically ignored it for a while until their daughter Hannah started to experience things.

Kristina said she would often see Hannah talking to herself for hours and Kristina eventually asked her one day who she was talking to. Hannah told her that she was talking to her friend named Pin Muffins. At first Kristina wrote it off as just an imaginary friend. Hannah soon started becoming afraid to sleep in her room at night. One night Kristina woke up too Hannah screaming and said she felt someone sitting on her bed. She was becoming more scared to sleep in her own room at night.

Kristina decided to talk to Hannah one day about her friend Pin Muffins and why she was scared at night. Hannah told her mom that Pin Muffins was her friend and she liked playing with her. She said she was 5 years old like her. Kristina asked why she couldn't see her friend and she told her because she had died. Kristina thought that was strange her 5 year old daughter would say something like that but she continued to listen. Hannah told her she was scared at night because Pin Muffins would leave and she said scary shadows would climb up her walls at night.

After Kristina talked with Hannah she started noticing things happening more. One night Kristina said Hannah fell asleep early on the couch with her and she was laying there watching tv when she noticed a shadowy figures head pop up from behind the head rest where Hannah's head was laying. When she looked straight at it, it hurried and ducked it's head down. She said it looked to be the size of a small child.

Other strange things were happening, too. Kristina said she would awaken in the middle of the night to hear growling noises in their hallway and scratching on the carpet.

One night Kristina was sleeping in her bed and woke up to feeling someone jumping up and down at the foot of their bed. She laid there afraid but then started moving around hoping it would stop, but it didn't. She jumped out of bed and turned the lights on and there was still jumping on her bed. She said she could visibly see the indentation of the bed going down from the jumping. By this time Shane woke up and the jumping stopped.

They soon decided they would move out and they moved into a house in November of 2014. Since they've moved into the new house all the activity stopped. Kristina said Hannah mentioned Pin Muffins one time when they very first moved into the house but has not mentioned one word of her since.

Other hauntings by kellyann87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellyann87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
pagaladka did you mean hurt anyone? This story began 2 years ago up unti Nov 2014 so it is quite recent. My niece mentioned her friend Pin Muffins only one time when they first moved in the new house. She hasn't mentioned her since. It's been a while i'm guessing she doesn't see her anymore.
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
I am sorry but I have heard in some places that these kind of shadows never anyone
That ghost youu said, Pin Muffins she liked hannah and I think she is not going to leave her so easily.
But if this story is 2 years old then I think there is nothing to worry about.
But do keep an eye on hannah.
GoodLuck...
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
[at] valkricry Wow I did not know that but it makes a lot of sense for the wierd name. The only thing specific I remember her saying she wore a light blue dress.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
kellyann,
This may or may not be related to Pin Muffins name; quite awhile back - early Victorian era, I think, pin cushions were sometimes referred to as pin muffins. As unbelievable as it sounds, back then children as young as 4 or 5 years old were expected to work. Victorian children were in high demand for many types of jobs including mining, factory work, street sweepers, clothing and hat makers, chimney sweeps, farming, textile mills, servants, and sadly, prostitution. Quite often these children were from very poor families or orphans. Sometimes orphans were not given 'real' names but were called after their line of work. Pin Muffins, may have worked in the clothing arena, given the duty of collecting dropped pins. Just a thought. Did your niece ever mention how she dressed?
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
I know the name my niece said was very strange, even for a kid to make up. I thought maybe it could have been a nickname of the child's? They looked into the history of the building and found that people had died there but didn't know exactly who or what apt it was in.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
kellyann87,
Well this story certainly made me feel quite weird. It was, just... Really messed up. I do beilieve this happened, but, unless Pin Muffins was her real name I think, Hannah had name her "friend." We definatly know its not an imaginary freind because even her mom saw things. Did you or Kristina eve research the homes history? There might be some more explanation behind this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: