You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Woman

 

I woke up to strange noises in my room one night. I sat up, looked around, there was a strange figure of a woman standing in the corner in the shadows. She seemed to be looking down at her feet with her hair partially covering her face. She started to whisper words I couldn't really make out. I tried to call out to my father but I was so shocked that I couldn't get the words out of my mouth, so I laid there watching her for about fifteen minutes but shortly after I drifted back to sleep. The next morning at about five past eight I woke up to find my door closed when I remembered the night before it was open.

When I told my father he explained that maybe ghosts are sometimes a projection of a thought or a memory that is somehow transmitted from the human mind to a place where a significant event occurred.

That event may be traumatic in this case. My dad told me as I was writing this that that the woman who lived here before us suffered from domestic abuse and that her male companion would padlock the children out of the kitchen. One day she fled for her life in fear of her partner.

I'd imagine the woman spent a fair bit of time acting like the ghost woman I saw in my bedroom so I don't know if it was a physical ghost or a projection of the mind. But scientists don't really understand the complete working of the human mind and also I suspect that an emotion could have made the ghost woman be looking upset and sad. But who knows? It may be that it isn't the woman that used to live there but I strongly believe that it is. So that is my story, this is true and please share any comments of what you think of it.

Cheers, rangarangalol

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rangarangalol, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-05)
If you imagine our plane of existence as capable of playing and replaying our memories for others even AFTER we die, depending on the ability of our surroundings to absorb, then perhaps it might better explain certain occurrences.

Stone seems the MOST likely to replay emotions, then wood, and last, the modern home with it's composition of various surfaces and materials.

Caves don't seem to record as well as man-worked stone, such as churches, castles, farmhouses, etc. (MY opinion, nothing more)

No one is certain--except in their own minds--as to what or how hauntings occur, but we seldom see happy experiences taking place. (Otherwise, some experiences might be a bit...p0rnographic) This leads many of us to suspect that it's TRAUMA which causes the imprinting of memory onto or into a surface. (Thank heaven's it doesn't replay grisly murders very often!)

Again, this is pure speculation and conjecture. After some of my own traumatic experiences, I can only imagine what will replay in my old residences...! I feel badly for the woman you spoke of... I can commiserate.

Take heed. Always remember to take care of yourself, FIRST. If you cannot take care of YOURSELF, how can you take care of anyone else?

Blessings,
Femaelstrom

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: