You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: You Know You're Dead

Real Ghost Stories

You Know You're Dead

 

This happened 5 days ago while I was in my colleague's house in Malaysia. I was in Malaysia for my project and I decided to stay in Zati's house on the night before the submission of the project report. Her husband had gone to the other city for work and her sister was baby-sitting Zati's 11-month old son. Her house is a regular two bedroom apartment on 6th floor.

It was around 2300 hours when we finished our dinner and sat around the coffee table with our laptops typing the report. We were talking to each other discussing and sharing our information with each other. We kept hearing soft sobs all through our discussions that but didn't pay much attention to it.

Zati went to the kitchen counter and asked me if I wanted to have something to drink. I replied yes and she asked what I wanted to have. The just after I finished saying what are my options we heard from the baby monitor which was kept on the kitchen platform, "Please stop it". It was a standard radio baby monitor one of which was kept in Zati's son Eli's room and other one which we heard those words from. There was no way that we could hear those three words in a kid's shaking voice speaking over the radio monitor. That sent shivers down both of our spines.

This was not the first time I was hearing voices, but it was my first time when it came out of an instrument as clear as ever. My reaction to that was, "Whoa, who is that?" and Zati said no one. She went to the bedroom, got the monitor, shut the door and came and sat beside me. She was ashen. Breaking the silence which followed that, she said that she isn't crazy but she suspected that there was a child's ghost in that house. She had seen the apparition of a 6-7 year old boy running from one bedroom to another many times.

Next day I woke up early at around 5 a.m. (I just cannot sleep in other people's house or maybe it's my insomnia) and decided to do yoga. After that I went for a bath in the master bedroom's bathroom. After that I dressed and was putting make-up and while I was doing that I heard in a low voice (it seemed to be coming from the corner in the backside of the bedroom), "You know you're dead." And two seconds after "WHY?" I didn't turn. It was a rough and husky voice unlike the voice which we had heard a day before. This voice was so mean and angry that even though I didn't have the courage to look but I knew I had to move out of this room. Next I heard a "cling" (I'm not sure if it was the spirit or some normal sound but I was scared enough to even think) which made me squeak (I wanted to scream though) and got me sprint out of the room.

I have experienced paranormal before but these 3 seconds were the most frightening. I don't know if it's a threat or a message. Afterwards, I thought to myself, if the world we live in is dead? What if we all are dead? Is that why the child's spirit asked us to stop speaking? (I know it sounds stupid when I read this after writing) There was a Nicole Kidman starer movie I had watched a long time ago which earlier I thought was a stupid plot but this experience made me rethink that possibility.

Nevertheless I am never going back to that apartment. And I have asked Zati to get the house blessed or better leave it.

Other hauntings by AngeLeeS

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngeLeeS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lesila0914 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-06)
That gives me chills, I've heard of people picking up strange sounds on their baby monitors so when I was gifted with one when my son was first born I was a little scared to use it at first hehe. Has Zati decided what she is going to do with the apartment?
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-21)
I realize this post was several months ago, but I need to ask a question of anyone that has insight into this: I've heard that some spirits can be held or trapped by other, mean spirits. Is this true? If so, this story reminds me of that situation.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
AngeLeeS,

Well met.

Please feel free to use the method I have posted in your own home and encourge your friend to do the same. Apartments are a wee bit harder becasue the neighbers are so close, but that just means it has to be done more often.

Are the Apartment homes old enough to have any history or are they 'newish' and nothing has happened in their location... OR were they built on an older development? These are some questions you can ask yourself or your friend that may provide clues as to what is happening. There is also a chance that what your friend is experienceing is 'bleed over' from a near by apartment and becasue she, and possibly yourself, are sensitive in some way you are 'picking up' on it.

Just a few ideas. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
I am worried that maybe I caught something from that house. There have been weird incidents in my house since my return. 😢
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Hi Rook. First of all, thank you for the cleansing method which is written on your profile.
Secondly, I do not know about the other children in the apartment complex. I would have to call Zati and ask her about both the points which you have mentioned.
Though, the voice which I heard through baby monitor sounded so clear (without any disturbance/noise) that I would really say there was any interference. But again I do not really know how it works really.

Zati had narrated me about the kid's spirit a bit lot which I didn't write in my experience as I do not remember it fully. But she had mentioned hearing footsteps and running along with his voice (but she was hearing a full sentence for the first time.) And one night she had seen the apparition too in Eli's room.

And what really upset me was the rough voice in the bedroom. It was really mean. Maybe not so evil. But really angry. It was a dread-inducing tone.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-05)
I really do not wish to take anything away from the O/P's experience but in the interest of research and 'debunking' I have to ask these questions...

How many children live in the apartment complex?

Of that number, how many of them are young enough the Family is using a baby monitor?

I ask because when these are built they all tend to operate on the say 'broadcast frequescies' and there is a chance, at least when hearing the childs voice, that it was 'frequency bleedover' you heard from another apartment. I AM NOT saying this is what happened, but it does have to be considered before the paranormal can be.

I suggest, if she does not already do so, that your friend start a Journal... Keep track of all the strange occurences...time, date, weather, what happened, where it happened what were her (or others) feelings when the event occured... Check it, see if there is a pattern... Same voice (s)? Same room (s)? Same time of day? Same thing being said? Then she should debunk as much as possible, then what is left may...

A) ...not be so scary.

And

B) ...may prove to be something residual or 'not negative'.

By all means find and use a cleansing method or have the home blessed... But I personaly did not get a 'negitive vibe' from reading this.

Respectfully,

Rook
jetrune (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
Hi AngelLeeS,

This is a very interesting story. My take before I read the comments here was that perhaps the raspy voice was some sort of messenger sent to collect the child spirit? I don't really have any knowledge to back that up but the "cling" you heard made me thing that the spirit with the raspy voice was trying to capture the child spirit, to make them move on.

It could also be that the older spirit is mistreating the younger one, hence the "pleas stop it" that you heard before. It's pretty sad that someone so young could be lost after death, but then again maybe that's where he/she is happy for the time being...
eyecandy (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
You have a very good story and spooky one at that. You should listen to yourself and stay away if that's what you feel. 😊
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
Hi Angel, You have shared a very spooky experience. And I loved to read it. By the way your story reminds me too about the same movie you talked about titled 'The Others'
But I have seen Indian remake of that movie and it exactly resembles your story. You better ask your friend to leave the house.
Thanks to share 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
Hi AngeLeeS, that was a scary experience indeed and thanks for sharing. I go with Hecate0. I also feel that there are two spirits, one a child, as your friend Zati stated and the other, whom you might have heard telling the spirit of the child that he/she is dead. But nothing whatsoever you have mentioned, except that it was scary hearing voices especially from the monitor, was negative or harmful. Still if your friend has a gut feeling that there is a negative energy, please do the cleansing, again as suggested by Hecate0, as explained in Rook's profile page.

Keep us informed of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
Angelee,

This is one of the scarier encounters I've read in a while. I've heard a raspy voice like that and can relate on a personal level.
Many people report hearing a 'cling' or a 'pop' or some such sound around a ghost encounter so that sound probably is relevant. Though unsure why.

It sounds like you're the kind of person to follow your gut feelings and this is so important, so keep it up!
Also I second a cleansing/protection ritual for the place where you stayed.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
AngeleeS, perhaps your friend has two ghosts. Sounds like an older, grumpy one telling the younger one that it is dead. Just a thought. I can see why it reminded you of the Nicole Kidman movie, "The Others". Your recommendation that your friend do a house blessing is a good one. Using a powerful intention, she should follow any of the recommendation found by googling it (house blessing/cleansing), or use one suggested by a member here on his profile page, Rookdygin. Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: