You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Demanding Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Demanding Lady

 

I've always been a bit sensitive when it comes to the paranormal. I can smell ghost smells, never good though. Randomly out of nowhere I can smell a rotting body or the smell of a funeral (you know the mix of flowers and a body that needs to be buried soon all mixed together). It lasts for about a minute or less.

Also when my mind is at peace I hear my name being called, mostly when I lay down for bed. The voices are always different, kids, women, men. When I was younger I dint really understand what that was until one day I heard the voice of my deceased uncle, and that's when I related it to the paranormal world. Last one was last week it was like a young boy and he called me Mrs. Erika.

Anyways going into to my story I've had a few experiences, which I plan to write about as well. But the one I'm about to tell you next changed my life forever, I can't be in the dark for not even a second. I've been sleeping with light on for 10 years now, and the man who became my husband had to learn to sleep that way as well.

So 10 years ago when I was 17 yo, I decided to go study overseas for college. Dominican Republic to be exact. When it was time for me to take my admissions test, I had to travel there. My mom had friends there, so I would be staying with them for a few weeks. My travel day was really long and draining. When I got to their home I took a shower and went straight to sleep. Let me add they live in the oldest neighborhood in the city.

The room had two beds, a big space where you can walk in between both beds. Their daughter (let's call her Jess) would sleep in one and me in the other. I'm deep in my sleep and I'm dreaming about a past trip to Mexico. When all of a sudden I start hearing a sweet women's voice calling my name. It took me a few seconds to realize it was not part of my dream, so I start waking up. I decide to ignore the voice as I have always done, but this one was persistent. I wouldn't open my eyes, I just turned and faced the wall.

The name calling continued and soon it was followed by a light tap on my pillow. Very persistent tap. Once I felt the tap I thought to myself this is just Jess or her mother. So I answered, I said "not now I'm really tired, leave me sleep please." All of a sudden the voice turned from sweet and angelic to demanding. And it said "get up and look at me now!" I got up immediately still thinking it's a person and see nothing at first. All I saw was a white mist in between both beds. I rubbed my eyes thinking it was just impaired vision. But it was still there and the more I look the more I saw.

The mist got closer to me and I was able to see features. I saw her feet and hand, for some reason could not look past her chest because I was so terrified of seeing her face. I didn't know what I was going to see up there so kept my head lowered. After a moment of panic I noticed that I could see Jess sleeping in the other bed right through this women, so I yelled her name very loud and she immediately sat up on her bed and asked me what was wrong. I said "look at her", but she could see nothing.

Finally I asked Jess to turn on the light. She got up from her bed and walked behind this lady to turn on the light. As soon as Jess walked by the lady ghost she turned half around and looked at Jess. That is when I saw her very long hair, I could tell it was light in color. At this moment she just ran through a wall and disappeared.

After this I didn't feel scared surprisingly, but I felt this sadness that took over me and I just started crying. I felt like I had a broken heart. However by the next day the sadness was gone and the fear of her returning took over. For the first few weeks I only slept during the day, and then after that with a small light on. I still get goosebumps and tears when I talk about this. Also I still wonder what she was trying to tell me. I drive by this apartment complex all the time now and I get the chills.

What do you think this was, and what do you think she wanted from me? Let me add that she was not a relative.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eka1023, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Eka1023 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hello Tweed, I never thought of it that way. That maybe she wanted me to accept my psychic abilities. But now that I think of it right after I answered her, that's when she asked me to see her. So maybe if I answer all the voices that speak to me, I would see them? However, I don't want that and for that reason I won't answer them back.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Hi Eka,

I agree with your Mum, that this lady was trying to warn you. Also that she related to you in some way. It sounds like the broken heart feeling you felt was her feelings which you either sensed or she was able to give you. Her demanding you look at her sounds like something an adult would say to a child, like "I'm saying this for your own good" kind of thing.

She may also have been there to kick you up the butt a bit. Because you may have the qualities of a Medium and not be aware. Perhaps the woman was mad at you for not perusing this and/or working on your abilities and sensitivity.
That is completely up to you and no ghost can talk you into anything you're not comfortable with. That said, I think she meant well.

Very interesting story, thanks for sharing it.
Eka1023 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Thank you YGS. No one in that house has seen it and felt it, they don't believe in spirits and they laughed it off. No I have never seen her again, or felt her around. My family believes me, my mom being very religious believes it was something spiritual that tried to warn me about someone that was going to be part of my life after moving there. I did meet someone there that caused some emotional damage.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Hi, Eka1023... Welcome to YGS... Lovely narration... I am too surprised what it was? Does anybody else in that home seen that entity? Do you still feel/see that entity?
Does you talked about this with your family member?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: