You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits Passing By

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Passing By

 

I moved to my third (that I remember) home back in the seventh grade, so about the spring of 2003. Our neighbors (and landlords) had said I could cut through their backyard to get home faster. The bus stop was at the end of a alley which we had to walk up to get to our street and respective homes. So I began using his backyard as a short cut, it saved some time. Now there was two instances that. So l'll just tell both, although I don't remember the first. My grandmother did.

As I was cutting through the yard one spring day, I seen this one boy coming towards me. I'm naturally friendly, and immediately said hello when he was in talking distance. I had stopped in the middle of the neighbor's yard. (No one was home.) He did say hello back, but kept moving past me. I kept trying to make conversion, but aside from my hello I was ignored. So letting out a huff at this "rude" boy, I made the rest of the trek home where I immediately complained of the rude boy I met that day. Only to be met with a blank look by my grandmother who asked "what boy?"

I pointed out the window. Still able to see him apparently and replied "Him!" My Grandmother nods, then makes up a silly story of how maybe he didn't know how to talk to girls. Which seemed to settle me. Years later she admitted she seen no one out there while I was adamant that someone was there. That was my first (and only so far) apparition.

Now for the second.

Another trip through the neighbouring back yard (they moved out, but I still used that shortcut), has over again proven eventful. I was turning to move through the yard when I heard my name be whispered urgently. I immediately turned in a circle, to see none of the other kids out. I was always the last one up the hill, partly because I wasn't popular with the other kids. So I didn't make an effort to keep up with them when I wasn't wanted. Either way, I see. No one outside. Not even an adult. Shrugging it off, I walked home and informed my grandmother about the voice. She asked for specifics, approximate age, gender, if it had a lisp, things like that. I looked at her and replied "It sounded like a ten year old girl."

Now for the spooky part. My Aunt Dorleen, who passed away many years ago, was 10 when she passed on from a heart condition. A visit from my aunt? Who knows.

Other hauntings by DragonLuvrD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, DragonLuvrD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: