You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Please Don't Trick Me Into Finding Your Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Please Don't Trick Me Into Finding Your Ghost

 

I am a sensitive, yes, even sometimes consider myself psychic. My abilities have waned over the years but that is another story. I tried the other day to remember when I first realized I had this "attribute" but I simply can't recall. I can sense spirits. I don't see them out-right as much as I feel their presence, sometimes hear what they have to say and after a while I can sense more about them, who they were and sometimes what they want. Many times I am quite frightened when I first sense them. I still HATE going to a new place and getting that hair prickling feeling. They seem to pick up on me as soon as I recognize them also. They get excited and will hover right behind me. The following after me is unnerving. It was not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

I have always been careful about who I told about this gift for fear I would get the sideways "Chloe from the internet" smile. You know the little girl who finds out that she is going to Disneyland and her sister freaks out crying with joy but Chloe just half smiles like her sis is crazy? Funny stuff - look it up. I digress. My siblings were aware of my abilities though. I am number seven of seven children. For the most part they were always supportive, a couple have similar gifts but as I understand not as strong.

Quite a few years ago, sister Di (number 5 of 7) calls me out of the blue. I am quite close with my siblings. But sadly not Di as she can really be a butt. No way around it, no way to sugar coat, trust me - I am a kind loving person. But I swear Di was adopted or dropped on her head... She can really be a butt. The whole family has struggled with her un-kindness and trying to find it in our hearts to still be loving to someone so not. She wanted me to come see the neat old farmhouse her boyfriend, Jeff was living in and check out all of the antiques in it. I thought to myself, "ok, I am going to play nice as sissy is playing nice too." She knows I love old houses and things and she is reaching out to me... I will respond with kindness.

I met her at a two story early 1900 farmhouse up on the "flats" outside of town. The owners, avid antique collectors, purchased it for it's lovely historic value and adjacent barn to store more of their antiques. They had another home on the other side of the state so had decided to rent this one out to a quiet, lovely single man that was willing to take care of it. He was dating my sister at the time... I don't know why.

The place was surrounded by gnarly old trees. An old pump/well still stood in the yard. Adorable ancient tractors and wooden wagon wheels were yard ornaments. The white house had many, many small blue trimmed windows and had been lovingly taken care of over the years. A 20 foot tall modern flood light had recently been installed along the driveway leading up to the house to light up the whole yard at night. (even in small towns we have thieves). I parked and was greeted by the nicest guy. And my sister, and they took me on a tour of the place.

We entered into a mud room complete with old washer, I think a hoosier cabinet that now held dog food and I can't recall. I just remember thinking "Oh my, this is vintage galore!" From there we walked into the old kitchen with soaring tin covered ceilings, a deep porcelain farm sink... And a ghost. I could feel him right behind me coming from the mud room. I was NOT expecting this at all and he scared the bejesus out of me at first! Ugh they always just give me the heebies while I am trying to get my hair to stop standing on end and figure out what I am feeling. I received a tour of the rest of the house and was followed by Mr. Ghost the whole time. I kept his presence to myself. He even followed me to the potty! I got a little irritated then and asked him what he wanted at that point. I could sense that he used to own the farm or was the main farm-hand. He had a hat and coveralls on and was going on and on about taking care of the place. I could just sense bits and pieces of what he was trying to say. He was saying something about the big light outside and how it worked, and this house was HIS responsibility. Thankfully, I was getting a little less scared by then. I came out of the bathroom and told my sis and her boyfriend that we were not alone and a spirit was in the house. This is where she informs me "Oh, I know. You are always talking about how you feel ghosts so I wanted to test you."

ARGGGHH. This was not the first time someone has not told me of a haunting just to see what would happen. I pick up on the spirits each time but I don't like to be surprised. I WAS NOT HAPPY. Thankfully this ghost was nice enough. Di and Jeff did go on to tell me a couple interesting stories about the ghost. He seemed to be preoccupied with the out door light and was always shutting it off during the day when Jeff was gone. No electrical check could ever solve the problem of poor Jeff having to come home to a dark driveway. The most upsetting incident happened in the spare, upstairs bedroom where Jeff stored some of his belongings. He had just been in the room going through things, came down stairs and heard a loud bang in the bedroom. He went back up and ALL of his things had been thrown around the room. Even a closed suitcase full of clothes was open and the clothing thrown all around. He was alone in the house. (EEEEK). That's me with the weebie jeebies.

The house still stands. Jeff has long since dumped my sister and moved away. I wonder if the new owners deal with "Mr. Coveralls" and my sister is still a butt to me at times.

Other hauntings by teriland1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teriland1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
teri,
There must be some cosmic rule or something that in all large families at least 1 sibling has to be a butt, as you put it. I too am from a large family (8 kids) and, yep we have one too.
Oh! How I identify on how you felt about her 'testing' you! I bet for just a second you wanted to be able to say, "Mr. Ghostie? Sic her!" 😆
Loved this one.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Oh Terriland I can feel the love for your butt sis bounce off the page!

I just *knew* she'd be testing you from the moment she invited you to the place. I'd be annoyed too.
I wonder if the room which was trashed was the ghostie's old room, or maybe the room of someone he cared for.
Also I got the impression he was frightened of change and what the new tenants might have meant for the future of the house. He may have 'adopted' the previous tenants as his new housemates, seeing how they obviously respected the heritage. Well done to them on that front too.

A pleasure reading another story from you, you write so well!
shiver (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
GOOD STORY! I'd have a nervous breakdown if I had the same gif
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
I love this story! It sucks that they didn't tell you about the ghost, but it's an interesting gift you have, and I love that you basically proved to her that you definitely have this gift when you brought it up! Since she was "testing" you. Sorta got back at her for being a butt by doing that, lol. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for sharing the story, and I really think you have a gift of writing. You tell this story in a very good, easy to understand way. I felt as though I was walking get around with you and the ghost that follow you. Lol.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
Hi teriland1
I love your story. Especially how you describe your sister. 😆 I too am a psychic/medium but I have only been asked once to check out a house. Mainly because I don't let too many of my friends know what I can do. I am #3 out of 5 and I have only 1 sibling maybe 2 who are believers and both of them are huge butts. The youngest of which thinks she is a better psychic than me or ''those phonies'' on T.V. Meanwhile I don't think she's ever had a premonition or if she has it was wrong and has never correctly ''read'' a person.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Hi, teriland1. What an interesting experience! I enjoyed your description of the farm and its eerie atmosphere.
It's heartening to hear that you react to a ghostly presence with discomfort, because I react the same way. So many people go searching for ghosts nowadays, I was beginning to think something was wrong with me. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: