You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Woman In The Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The Haunted House

 

I live in Patna with my family. We often visit our village during vacations. There is a house, just behind our house which people say is haunted. They say, that a woman committed suicide there with her child. It was Durga Puja holidays. I was enjoying my stay at village. One night I woke up at 15 minutes past midnight to go to toilet. The toilet in my village house is at the back side very near to the haunted house. So when I was in the toilet I heard sound of footsteps coming from outside. I washed my hand and was about to get back to my room when I heard a woman screaming and crying for help. I was very scared but opened the back door to check if someone needed help. The voice was coming from the haunted house. From a distance only I looked at the house and saw a woman sitting there with a child in her arms crying and screaming. And suddenly she turned to me and started smiling in the most evilish manner. I rushed into my house and closed the backdoor. Next morning I told my grandma about the incident and she said that it happened often specially during DurgaPuja. She told me that I should not have gone outside at night. Still when I think about the incident it gives me the chills. It is believed in our village that during DurgaPuja the evil powers are strongest and people don't let their children wander anywhere during this time. When I told my friends about the incident they said that I had made it up. But I know what I had seen and experienced. After this incident my opinion about ghosts and spirits changed and now I know that they are for real.

Other hauntings by Abhinav_123

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abhinav_123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
See sds what happens that in villages many women practice black magic and to master the art they have to sacrifice something invaluable to goddess Durga. So during Durga Puja these witches (dayans) reach the peak of their powers and their spells become very strong. Thats why I said that during these times the evil powers are at their peaks.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hello Abhinav_123, welcome to YGS. When did you experience this sighting and when did the woman committed suicide with her child? Did you make enquiries or investigate the matter further like asking the neighbours or other known persons in the village? If so, please do share with us. But, I have been raised with the notion that during Durga Puja days, the evil powers will be at the lowest because Goddess Durga will vanquish all the evil powers.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-22)
Hello, Abhinav thanks for telling me back story of that woman... I am feeling very sorry for her... Nobody has right to kill anybody... Why human ignore this simple rule? 😢 😢
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Thank you Lynev. And you are right we still don't know what secrets lie in the world of darkness.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hello:

Now that's a really creepy story! It's always interesting to hear about things like this that are out there. There are so many things in this world that we do not yet understand.
Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome aboard.

Blessings,
Lynev
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
What people say, sheetal is that the woman had been accused of being a witch (dayan). And in those days and even now people practicing black magic are forbidden. So the villagers were trying to throw her out of the village but she ran to her house took out some kerosene and committed suicide with her child. When I got to know of it I really felt bad for her.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
Hi, Abhinav... Simple a spooky incident you had! 😨 😨 I am agree with Sushant here... Can I know why the woman committed suicide? Just curious...

Regards,
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
It was as creepy as it gets. Madan. It was one nightmarish scene. And no rajneeth she did not have any scars yet it was very creepy as her face seemed to be glowin in the moonlight.
Madan_316 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Good one, short and simple... My friend has expirenced a similar incident too. It must be really creepy...
ranjeetkakashi10 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
that must have been one terrible nightmare...
Did she have scars or something like that on her face
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Thank you Sushantkar. I am glad to be here. My grandma also said that it was a chudail that I had witnessed. After that incident I didn't move out of house and even feared going to the toilet. But now the house has been demolished.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hello Abhinav_123! First of all welcome to YGS. Coming on to your experience, it may be chudail (witch). I have listen that they attract people by making sounds, activities and they sometime follow people and when they succeed they either posses them or guide them to unknown place from where they could killed by external mediums (like by an accident).

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: