You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Befriended A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

I Befriended A Spirit

 

This story (not a story but a real incident that happened) dates back to the year 2004. It was my summer vacation (I don't remember if it happened in May or June), so my family (including my father, my mother and my 2 siblings) went to visit my paternal grandfather & grandma. We get less chances of visiting them as we have to change two trains, ride 70km (approx.) in the bus, and walk few meters to reach their home. Secondly, my father gets very less consequent holidays except the sanctioned ones (done by the company he works in). Our grandparents' home is one of the old-style architecture, more than half built with concrete (some renovation was done) and the other half built with carved stone (I'm fascinated by them), clay (or whatever) and wood plank. It basically depicts a typical rural-Indian home. There is well in our backyard and a stable for cows and goats, adjoining a garden of mango and guava trees.

We reached their village before the noon. Though it was summer, temperature was quite cool (temperatures don't rise much there). I met my grandparents, touched their feets as a sign of paying respect and then ate lunch with all of them. After sometime, they started gossiping. I'm not a 'gossip-guy', so I told my parents that I am going to roam along the home (outside of course). Out there, I walked along the mango trees until I stopped in front of a bush where a new kind of insect (or moth), with vibrant colors fluttered its wings. I have a deep interest in flora and fauna from my childhood, so I just couldn't pass by the insect without having the ample sight of it.

The ground (terrain) is wavy there and you like to walk getting up and then down and so on. I went far from the home and thus, I had to return (to not get scolded). I was a few feet away from the home when I saw a small cute girl playing with pebbles. She asked me if I would play with her and I don't know why I agreed. I played with her and soon we became friends too. I asked her where her home was. She pointed to my grandparents' house. I got stunned. As soon as I could ask any other question to her, my sister shouted from the fence inviting me for eating the snacks my grandma had made and ran inside. I looked back at my new friend and she was nowhere to be seen. I wasn't scared but it was a little bit frightening. Two days later, I again met her and asked where she went that day. We had normal talks. She always told me to not tell about her to anyone else and I never did too. The same night, she came where I had my bed arranged and asked her in a whispering voice how she entered (because all the doors were already locked). She reluctantly answered that she was a spirit and she immediately held my hands as if she didn't want me to be frightened and make me calm. She told her story. She said that she was my father's younger sister (My father is the eldest and has two brothers more) She didn't know about the younger brothers because she died before they were born. She told about my grandpa, grandma and my father and how they loved her. Next morning, I stood by the well and cried, yes I cried because I mourned her death. My eyes were closed and then I felt someone giving me a slight soft hump at my shoulder. I turned around and saw her. She said that it is not the well in which she died, it was between the mango garden and the stable, the place has now been filled with soil, so no one new would come to know about that.

It was our last day. We packed our bags and walked off to the bus stop. We boarded the bus after waiting for few minutes. As I got seated (I had the window seat), I saw her at the edge of the bad built road giving a bye-bye wave to me. I didn't surely believe if it was true until the day (three years back) my father spoke about her dead sister reluctantly (he didn't say much about her). My belief got stronger towards God and the existence of the 'unseen'. I wish I could see her once more in my life when I visit my village. Just once.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnonChap, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnonChap (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Zander: I would love to know your sister's experience with spirits if there are any.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Just fascinating and so well written. Thank you. When you mentioned the older style of the home... My sister lives in our old family home but has put on some additions. She says that she only hears and senses things in the old part of the house. It made me wonder if this were the case with your little auntie as well.
AnonChap (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Garret,

I think you're right about the deteriorating sensitivity to the presence of spirits with aging.
I don't believe in reincarnation same as the belief which is dormant in our country, rather I believe that we'll be reincarnated in terms of the Doom's day (Me and my family can have debate for hours for this topic 😁). As you asked, the girl was around 8. The younger uncle has much age difference compared to my father (around 8 years).

Lynev,

My father always gets a bit emotional when we both talk about his childhood. So, it's better to keep it from him.

Valkricry,

It was really special to me, and will always be.

There are some bitter paranormal experiences I went through and will work on those stories soon. I wish I could vote all of yours' comment up but I got less posts. 😐
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Anon, although sad, I think this a marvelous story. I'm very glad (in this case) you kept your promise to the spirit, because going on the assumption that the family believes in reincarnation, then it would have brought no comfort to them, and would perhaps distress her to cause them more pain. What you have experienced is truly very special.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
WiniPu4,

I almost asked this same question, then relaized the O/P is from India... Which is an area of the world with a BIG Belief in reicarnation and knowing the spirit of a deceased loved one is still around would not be of any comfort...

So if this is the O/P's Fathers sister... Then her NOT wanting him to know she has not moved on is a way tolet the Family grieve becasue'knowing' she has not moved on will bring him (and other (Family members) no comfort... Depending on the Families belief's of course...

AnonChap,

I'm I correct... Does your family believe in reincarnation? If so, then mayhap she has not 'moved on' becasue she did not need any further progression and is around to watch over the Family. Do you have any idea how old she was when she passed?

Resepctfully,

Rook
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
Hello:

What a great story! Since you still hear her, have you ever thought of asking her if it's alright to tell your father now that you're all older?
It could be a comfort, depending upon his beliefs.
Thank you for sharing this; it's wonderful.

Blessings,
Lynev
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Well this one has gone on my Fav's list.

As far as no longer seeing her and only hearing her now... The theory is that as we grow older we grow less senisitive to the spirit realm... Unless we actively work on remaing sensitive.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
AnonChap (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Hey Marjie!
I never told my parents or anyone else about the spirit I met (I kept my promise). I saw her in one of my visits to my grandparents. I have made more visits, I can hear her but I can't see her as I could do in my childhood.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
AnonChap - you said your father spoke about his dead sister, but you didn't indicate whether or not you told him of your experiences while visiting your grandparents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: