You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Trailer 3

Real Ghost Stories

The Trailer 3

 

MY GRANNY'S HOUSE

I was eight when everything started, I had decided to sleep in my granny's house that night and I would go home tomorrow and spend the day with my daddy before he had to leave and work for two weeks. Papa was snoring in his bedroom, Granny was taking care of the foster baby in the living room, and I was lying in bed, trying to fall asleep. It was kind of hard at first because Granny had only moved in about two weeks ago so I wasn't completely used to the noises just yet. It wasn't too long after I fell asleep that I felt a woman sitting on the edge of the bed by my feet. I know it was a woman because of the flowery smell and the fact that the bed didn't dip down enough for it to be a man, but too much for a child.

Holding my breath, I pull the sheet off my face and take a look around, but see no one; Granny was still dealing with a crying baby in the living room and there was no other woman here. I've had the same spirit sit by my feet every time I slept in that room and I'm not the only one either! My cousins Emy, Payslee, and Hadlee have all felt it, and my other cousin Krissy hears a baby crying in her little brother's room down the hall. The crying thing isn't new, but it bothers us that it comes from JJ's room at night and that Krissy is the only one to hear it (she has bad hearing). The only time I heard the crying was when Granny brought Emy home from the hospital when she was a newborn.

Granny and I were sitting in the living room while Emy napped in her room (now JJ's) when we heard a baby crying. Naturally, we assumed Emy had woken up so Granny told me to go get her while she ran outside to do something real quick. I shrugged, not making the connection that the crying wasn't loud enough to be my cousin. I walk into the room and find Emy lying calmly in her crib, looking at the monitor until I came in. She certainly wasn't the one crying since it was still going on. Thinking we picked up a signal from a different baby monitor, I turned Emy's off, but the crying persisted. A little freaked out now, I pick Emy up and carry her with me into the living room. Granny comes inside a few minutes later, demanding to know why I hadn't went to get Emy like she asked, then she walked into the living room and saw me holding the quiet baby.

Her face went really pale and she had to grab the back of my chair to stay steady. There is a little division wall between the walkway and part of the living room, the side facing the living room held pictures and the side facing the front door held movies. At least, that's all I thought it held. Granny sat Em down in the floor to play while she showed me the movie side of the wall, pulling out a tiny porcelain container that looked like it cost a boat load of money. "Ash, this is Mikayla," Granny tells me in a voice thick with tears. "Lydia didn't want it in her apartment until she's completely moved in, so she asked me to keep it safe." Mikayla was Emy's older sister who died a few months before Emy was born. Inside that container was the ashes of a six month old. The crying abruptly stopped when Granny showed me it and toys in the back of the house randomly started to go off. That still happens and every time it does we kind of ignore it, knowing Mikayla was playing.

Emy is five now and has a sixth sense of some sort. Her father is a murdering psychopath that has threatened to kill us all on numerous occasions and the cops can't seem to catch him. Whenever he's around Emy gets really clingy, especially to me, pleading us not to leave her by herself. This kid has never seen her biological father and her, Krissy, and JJ were adopted back in August by my granny and papa. I wish being clingy was the only thing that happened during that weird time that happens like clockwork every year, but it's not; she has dreams too. She dreams of a little girl with braids in her hair and dark skin telling her to stick close to people and stay safe. We showed her a picture of Mikayla when she first came to us about these dreams and what she said made all of us shiver. "Yeah, that's her, but she ain't so little in my sleep."

Mikayla seems to be very protective over Emy since they share the same parents (Krissy and JJ both have different dads). Mikayla tells her when she should stay close to her loved ones, when to stay inside, and when to watch the other kiddos close so that they don't get hurt. Granny has a hard time believing these things, but I believe wholeheartedly because everything has come true thus far. She warned Emy to keep a close eye on her sister and that afternoon Krissy fell off the trampoline before we could get her and dang near broke her neck! Emy's not the type of kid that lies and her imagination only goes so far; she wouldn't just pop off to us that we need to watch Krissy because she might get hurt bad. Mikayla can stay all she wants as long as she doesn't cause harm to anyone; the moment that happens I'm calling my brother (who knows a sage ritual), my best friend (who knows several cleansing rituals) and my aunt Steph (who's a "white witch").

MY BROTHER'S HOUSE

My best friend Kyle and I were spending the weekend at my older brother's house (no it's not that weird, my brother married his sister). The backyard of the house has a general creepy feel to it so we kind of stayed inside as much as possible. Donna, my sister-in-law, had just gotten her tubes tied that morning and Brandon, my big brother, was taking care of her. That left Kyle taking care of Bryce, who's six, and me taking care of Ayden, the new born. Don't get me wrong, they're great kids, but it was a little annoying to be the one that had to shut Ayden's crying up because, other than our older siblings, I was the only one who could.

Brandon, Donna, and the kids went to bed early the first night, leaving me and Kyle to our own devices. We were sitting in the living room, watching Taken and all different kinds of action movies. Kyle's a Wiccan and fully believes that salt keeps evil away, so every night before I went to sleep he would sprinkle salt around the couch I was sleeping on and the pallet in the floor that he was sleeping on. We fell asleep that night without the salt and the TV on and when we woke up the next morning the TV was off. Now, the first thing we thought was that someone else in the house had shut it off, but they claimed otherwise. Ayden had slept all night except for when Donna made him wake up for a feeding and that was done in their room, Brandon had slept all night and well into the afternoon, and Bryce knew he wasn't allowed to leave his room until someone else was awake because he had a habit of going through stuff he wasn't supposed to.

Kyle and I shrugged it off, putting it down to our siblings trying to prank us and went on with the rest of our day. We played X-Men with Bryce, talking gibberish to baby Ayden, annoyed Brandon, and helped Donna cook. By the time evening had arrived, we were tired yet excited. Everyone else disappeared into their rooms for the night while Kyle and I reclined on the couch to watch Boondock Saints for the thousandth time. We could quote the dang thing. We slowly grew bored and paused the movie, deciding to talk instead. What started off as a normal conversation about what we would do tomorrow changed to what we had experienced throughout our lives.

We were running low on popcorn and went into the kitchen to make some more while we continued our discussion. He was in the middle of digging through cabinets to find another bag when I spotted the thing out the window. The back door leads into the small kitchen and there's a tiny window in the door to see out of and that's how I spotted it. I say "it" because I have no clue what it was, it obviously wasn't human. I grab Kyle's arm, thinking at first that it was a prowler. There had been a rash of break ins happening in Stillwater at the time and I was wondering whether or not I should wake Brandon up and tell him to get his gun. Kyle and I look at the thing out the window, watching as it moved gracefully and quickly towards the house; barely more than a shadow. Kyle's first instinct is to grab the salt and spread it out in front of the door.

The things stops for a second before continuing towards the other side of the house. Kyle and I hurry into the laundry room, spreading salt over the window sills and watched as the thing kept walking, we weren't quick enough the next time. My nephew Bryce's room was the next one on the side of the house and my heart jumped in my throat. "Yeah," Bryce said softly," Alright, I love you too, Mommy." Kyle and open the door and find Bryce laying back down to sleep. I asked who he was talking to while Kyle salted the doorway and window. "I was talking to Mommy."

"Okay, sweetie," I nod, leading Kyle back to the living room and closing the door behind us. Donna hadn't left her room that night, so I have no clue who my nephew was talking to.

Other hauntings by Mischief-Managed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mischief-Managed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
AugustaM:I am the perfect example of this my middle son is 4 years old and my younger son is 3 after giving birth to my now 4 year old I wss pregnant again by my 6 weeks check... Wasn't to bad as babys but now they fight alot

Rook I also found it a little bit irresponsible and hard to believe that a child would even have there own gun let alone almost use one

I also thought the OP said the brother married his own sister (confusing) took me a minute or so to clear it up in my head

I know my comments late but I had to put my opinion across of it would have just bugged me.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
Holychants7,
Ok the way I understood the baby's age:
Say Emmy is born in December - that would mean that by the time she was born in December, Mikayla had been dead for a few months... That could be 3 up to 4 months, putting us back to September. Mikayla was six months old when she died, putting us back February or March. Putting at least nine to ten months between the births of Emmy and Mikayla - not a birth spacing that I'd prefer (oh the lack of sleep!) but totally possible.
Hope that helps clear things up:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
RedWolf,

I understand where you are coming from. My real take away on these 3 submissions is that some odd experiences happened to the O/P...none of them really 'debunked' and when submitted for publishing they were embelished to make the 'story' better.

Besides all of these were older experiences... Not anything the O/P was asking help with.

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Rookdygin
You have a good point. I read all 3 and I got a bad headache trying to make sense to the stories. I just wanted your ''take'' on these stories.
Maybe one day they will be campfire ''spooky'' stories, but not a story for those of us north of 40. Also the O.P. Saying that she will read the comments but will not join the conversation always frustrates me and raises a red flag or makes me want to reach for the B.S. Blankie to cringe under.
Regards
RedWolf
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
Redwolf,

To be honest I stopped in the middle of the second one... Right at the part where the O/P, who has been around guns sense they were in diapers, ran and got their pistol... Flung open the front door aiming for where someone's head would be.

Sorry, center of mass is your aim point... Chest height... Not a guesimated 'head height'.

Do I really have to suffer through another one?

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
granny
I guess we'll never know because the O/P said she will read the comments but won't participate in the discussion. I wish that people who submit a story wouldn't choose that option. So many questions so few answers. Um correction no answers.
Regards
Red
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
Red: 😆 Confusing, eh? I guess it all depends on the O/P's definition of "a few". Most of us think of three, maybe 4 months when referring to "a few". I won't make any suggestion to what I think the O/P should've said to avoid confusion, because we all know how sometimes our suggestions are fodder for explanations pulled from the comments 😊. So, let's wait on the response, and keep the Blankie handy.

As far as the murderous psychopathic father, yeah... There seems like more than enough people around for someone to sneak away with a cell phone.

Last note: The Blankie's freshly washed and ready!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
Granny
Thanks for clearing this up. The O/P is jumping all over the place. Now could you please clear up how Mikayla could be Emys older sister who died a few months before Emy was born and the ashes were of a 6 month old infant and they share the same parents. The only way I can think this is possible is that their mother got pregnant immediately after Mikayla was born.
Also Emy is five now and MM was 8 when Emy was born so that would make her 13. MM mentioned that Emys father was a murdering psychopath and has threatened to kill them all on numerous occasions and the cops can't seem to catch him. "When he is around Emy gets really clingy especially to me" Why doesn't someone get on the phone to the police when he is knocking on the door and tell them that he was there right now?
Oy the headache is coming back I have to move on to a different story.
Regards
Red
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
RedWolf: I think he married the friend Kyle's sister LOL 😆 not his own.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
I have one question. HUH? Rook needs to read all 3 of these stories before I pull out the B.S. Blankie.
No it's not weird that your brother married his sister? Then you call her your sister in-law. If your brother married his sister she would also be YOUR SISTER.
I.I.I. Just don't know where to go with these stories.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
After reading all your stories, I have one very serious question:

Why have you anguished all these years with hauntings/visitations if you had access to saging, cleansing rituals, and a white witch?
bone_rose (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Interesting stories! I liked that you had many to share and if there is more I hope you share it in the future with us!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hi Mischief and thank you for sharing your many ghost encounters with us.
You have written all three so well they were a pleasure to read for this reason. Also terrifying, given the nature of some.
I know you don't want to comment, and that's fine, but I wanted to tell you that you can always do cleansing rituals and the like yourself, if you're not doing so already. You needn't wait, I'm sure your friends could teach you how to do it yourself. For if ever there's a time you need to when you're by yourself. 😊

Take care and thanks again.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Mischief-Managed,

I conclude that what Bryce saw in his room was the doppelganger of his mom.

Mind if I ask you what was the cause of Mikayla's death?

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. 😊

--Bela---
holychants7 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hello!
You have surely nailed it with all the three of them.
I appreciate your writing skills as well.

Just a question or two, only if you don't mind me asking.

You have written "Mikayla was Emy's older sister who died a few months before Emy was born. Inside that container was the ashes of a six month old",
I presume that Emy was a new born, then how can the age difference be just 6 months. Sorry if I missed any mathematics here.

And it is really appreciated (at least by me) to have been lived a life full of ghosts.
Have you got used to this stuff around you. It sends shivers in me to even think of being surrounded by so many of them 😐.

Thanks and my Regards,
MetalGuru666 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
I had fun reading all 3 of your stories, very well written and in-depth. I had a bit of trouble following everybody's names and their connections to you but that's not important haha.

It looks like your old house has several spirits and you're terrified by them. I would have a medium or psychic come into your house to give you an idea of what the spirits are and what they want. Maybe they want or need your help to pass-on?

Keep us posted,
MG

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: