You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wanita's Trailer

Real Ghost Stories

Wanita's Trailer

 

This took place in the late 1980's in Michigan. I was living in a run down, crime filled trailer court. With my two sons at the time. I should have known the first night we were at the trailer court, when this man shot his ex-wives boyfriend and killed him. That it was not a place to live with small children. But by then I sank in all I had for this trailer and so, it was going to be our home for awhile.

This trailer court was the 3rd worst in that county out of the ten worst. However when I first bought it, I didn't know that until I investigated it later.

It was winter time, and my heating tape went out. When I woke up the next day to get the kids to the sitters, and myself a shower to go to work. I notice there was no water, that would come out of the faucet. I asked people near me what, would cause this and they told me about the electric tape. That was located under the trailer. I didn't have time to look then. So called my brother in law. He came over and found it went out, and got a new one put on.

Even with the new tape on the water pipes. It would take some time to unthaw the pipes. I needed a shower so went to my neighbors house, Wanita and ask her if I could use her shower. She said it be fine. The kids had a shower at the sitters, so they would be fine. I went into her house. We sat down in her living room. I felt odd being in there, not sure because I came there to use the shower, or something else.

I used her shower and felt someone was watching me. I got out and still felt something, however I didn't see anything. I used her shower for a couple times and then, my own water was on. Then my hot water heater went out. I used her shower again.

I told her I thought the bathroom was cold, she said by the bathroom it was always cold. That I could leave the door open. I did. I took my shower and got out dried off. When I looked up I seen a young man, about his early 20's looking at me. I froze in my spot. I open my mouth to scream nothing came out. When I was able to move, I went through that man to the hallway. To Wanita sitting watching tv, I peeked down the hallway the man wasn't there.

She looked at me asked me what was wrong. I told her I seen a ghost and walked through him. She smiled at me and told me, it was her son. She continue to tell me this.

Her son was running from the police. He had gotten himself into drugs and was being chased. He ran into her home, when she was not at home and with the trailer easy to fire through. The police shot into the trailer. Killing her son by the bathroom door. The wall across the door, was blood splattered of her sons blood. So her daughter just covered it with wall paper. If I noticed on the door frame in the bathroom, there is still blood on it. She said no matter how hard she tried to get the blood off, it won't go away it keeps coming back.

She told me she came home to find her son dead in the hallway, by being fired upon by the police. It went through the trailer. She said she could have moved but she felt at peace in the trailer from her sons spirit, which she has often seen herself. Sometimes she said he looks transparent, sometimes he looks like solid form. He smiles at her and then he is gone.

Well it wasn't that day I wanted to look at the doorway. But in time I did. The blood is there on the door frame of the bathroom door. I never took a shower in that bathroom again. I never went to the bathroom in there, I would go home. I did go to her trailer if she went to the bathroom. I stood on the porch till, she came back into the living room. After that I told her I felt more comfortable being on the porch, or in the winter time she came to my place.

Wantia continued living in the trailer court, when I moved out of the trailer park. Eventually she moved back to Paris, KY from where she was from. I have not heard from her in a long time, so she may be with her son and God by now.

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
I'm not sure if I would believe the police would riddle a trailer home full of holes, kill a kid, and just leave them there. Perhaps I am reading this wrong. Also, what is the name of this trailer park so those of us interested can read more about it?

Very interesting story here, I do hope you fill us in on more details.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
[at] bellissima your apology is excepted. Some stories don't sound true to me either. But once I re-read them then I can tell. So don't worry about not believing this story. It happens and it shouldn't. After all our taxes pay for the police wages, they should do there jobs. Most police do, do there jobs just some are slackers.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Oh yeah, the second time I got my trailer broke into. The neighbors held the man, as I stated, with one holding a Winchester rifle at him and the other a colt 45 pistol. The two guys wanted him to move, so they could shoot him. They told me that. But when they told him not to move, well he did what they said lol.
A note here these two guys were into drugs, and probably stole these guns from someone themselves.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
[at] Bellissima, thanks for your comment to this story. I knew several people that saved for many years, so they could get moved out of there too in one piece.
I think that trailer court, like the nursing home I worked in needs to be toren down. And the propertly used for good purposes, instead of "slum city" for the poor.
While living there, I had my house trailer broken into, twice while I was at work. First time more then $6,000 worth of stuff stolen, never replaced. (hard to work and take care of two kids) let alone buy stuff that was stolen. And the second time the guy going through the window, was caught by some guys in my trailer court, who seen him do it. They called the police and held the man. It took the police two hours to come. I was at work and soon as I got home and seen the window broken and about to call the police, my neighbors told me what happen. Living in the trailer court, we could depend on our neighbors for help quicker then the police help. My kids and I "lived on the edge" all the time. Never knowing what was going to happen from day to day. But with the help of the Lord we made it, out of "slum city" alive and well.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
[at] whitebufflo, the trailer park I lived in was the 3rd worse in that county. The police were afraid of many of the people that lived there. The pimps, drug users, drug sellers. We would often call them and call them anc call them for emergencies and they took their time. I think they took there time so people be killed so, they didn't be called again.
I know it sounds bizzar that they shot the place up and leave him there.
I lived at the back of the park, where the police didn't like to go to. It was a really bad place to live, and I was glad to get away from that place.
That trailer court is worse now, its topped [at] 1 place worse to live in, in this county. The guy that lived across the street from me(when I lived there) his trailer was shot up and he was left there, dead for four days before he was found. That happen a couple years ago. I was out of that place long before then. It happens when one lives in the "slum city" and are poor and have to live some place. Sad but so true.
Her son, I felt he must of been there to comfort his mom, whom he loved very much. He did live with his mom, at one time. But had moved out and she told me that is when, he got into the drugs when he lived away from her. He was in the trailer court(not sure why maybe to get drugs, or to see his mom) when this took place. So I assume he ran to the only place, he thought he would be safe his Mothers home.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Hi Flutterofwings. I am so sorry that you had to live in such conditions, that is absolutely horrifying. I also feel sad for the people who are forced to live there due to circumstances beyond their control (I'm sure they don't stay by choice). I am very happy that you got out and now live in a wonderful house. I'm glad you're happy. I doubted Wanita's story because I've never heard of such conditions, other than in a movie. My apologies and I'll decline your invitation to give it a try living there, no thank you! Well, thanks for your story. It is frightening enough even without Wanita's ghostly son. Once again, thanks for sharing your story, and I'm so glad for the wonderful change in your living conditions, good for you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Maybe I should read through the other comments first, Flutter, but I can not help myself 😊.
Are you saying that the police fired into this poor woman's home, shot up her son, and then just LEFT him there?! Good NIGHT there is a lawsuit that would place her in a mansion, and NOT in a trailer park. What a travesty. That poor young man. No WONDER he is stuck there in his Mother's home. I assume he did not live there himself, but just ran into her home.
It seems pretty obvious that the love he had for his mother was not tainted by the drugs that supposedly got him killed, as he smiles at her and then simply fades away.
Thank you for this story.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
[at] Bellissima Oh yeah and the guy that was shot at the store, laid in his own blood for four hours, waiting for help. At 7am a worker found him called the police and he lived four more hours and died.
I am glad you never had to live in "SLUM CITY", but I did with my kids. Saved for 11 years and bought a great house in the country and got the hell out of that place.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
[at] Bellissima, thanks for your comment go and live in the trailer court I lived in and see what the cops left behind, aborded babies, prostitues that were killed, then tell me, my friend was lying. The police knew if they shot the place up, he be killed I am sure.
The man across from me was killed, I heard the shot, called the police, they didn't bother to come out and see until the next day.
Or the guy in the store across the street from me, I called the cops and told them I heard gun fire, at 3am(it was closed then) only the owner there, and well once again the good ole boys waited until day light, and maybe the man would of lived if, he been found at 3am.
Some towns, there police would rather shoot the bull and eat doughnuts then investiage. I think they were afraid of the trailer court I lived in, it was a horrible place to live.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Hi Flutterofwings. I'm sorry but I think your friend Wanita was telling you a tall tail about her son. I've never heard of the police being that serious about catching a criminal to shoot him and then just leave without finding out what happened to the suspect. If he was injured or killed there would be an incredible amount of paperwork to be filled out and higher-ups to be answered to. Especially if they thought the suspect was dead, they would never just leave the body to be found by the family. If you did see something there I don't know what it could have been.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Thanks for your comment to my story. That trailer court, is worse now, then when I use to live there. My son had to do some work near it, last year there are trailers all shot up. I doubt I can get him to take me into that place now. It's a really rought place, probably at the #1 for the worst in that area. The trailer park was at #3 years ago when I lived there, now with it being worse probably #1 in that county now.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Wow Flutterofwings, what a good story. I wounder what a young man like him did to get into that trouble? I guess he must've been curois on who was using the bathroom when he saw you. Go back to that trailer park, and if the same trailers are there go and uncover the wallpaper after getting permission too. And take a picture to show us all about it! It'd be very fascnating.=3
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
[at] Tonith, once again for your comments, well appricated. Yes I also hope they are at peace now too.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
At least you know you weren't imagining it. It must have been a comfort for this woman to be know her son was still around but I wouldn't want my child trapped between worlds. Sometimes spirits fear judgement and don't move on or could be that he felt he was protecting his mother. Either way I hope they both have found peace. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
[at] ChrisB thanks for your comment to this story. It is hard to lose a child I did many years ago.
[at] rhodes68, I am not sure why her son kept coming back to her. I would like to think it was to make her feel at ease, comfort her. But it also could of been, he was not at rest himself. One really never knows about, lots of this kind of stuff. For me it was frighting, to her it was comfort.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Hi again Flutter and thanks for another very well told story. I agree with Chris that losing a child is the greatest loss for any parent and for that, she must have felt grateful for being able to see him even after death. And yet, it's sad to know that for whatever reason, he kept coming back. Was it simply to comfort her or was it that his spirit couldn't come to accept his death?

What a sad story!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Hello again my dear friend Flutter. What an amazing story. I thought that its hard for people to get use to the paranormal but for Wanita it wasn't hard. I bet she missed so much that every time she could see him it was like a present from God. Thats so sad that children die earlier then parents do. A parent should never barry its own child. I loved your story. Its nice that you shared it with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: