You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Was About To Say Shut Up

Real Ghost Stories

I Was About To Say Shut Up

 

The only paranormal experiences I've ever had have been when I was around thirteen. I have read that girls going through puberty tend to be more susceptible to the supernatural, particularly poltergeist activity. Sure seems true in my case. I am twenty eight now but I still think about what happened and how I am as confused as that day. I know what I heard. Even with how flawed human perception is I know what I heard.

I also want to mention that the house I grew up in was over one hundred years old and that was the site of both of my experiences. The house used to farm all the land around it until it turned into a town. My dad also grew up in the house as well. His father died at a young age. My dad told me once he thought he saw a man sitting in the living room in the middle of the night on his way to the bathroom. He thought it was his dad.

When I was 12 or 13 I was watching TV in my room when I heard what sounded like two guys arguing. I could not make out actual words as it was through the door but it was distinct male voices. I thought it was my older brothers because they constantly fought. What do you expect with completely different personalities living in the same room? So I opened the door and was about to say shut up but no one was there.

Very confused I said out loud is this for real? Am I hearing things I thought? I went in their room and neither of them was there. I went into the bathroom and nobody was there. I went downstairs to find my parents just watching TV. The boys weren't even home.

Other hauntings by goteamgo5

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, goteamgo5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
Goteamo, then it sounds like another of the more positive ghost stories, startling none the less, but with a positive valence, so to speak. I feel my dad around me ALL the time, whenever I call him, and sometimes just when I am having a tough time. He puts his favorite song in my head. I'll find myself singing it, then stop startled because I don't do that on my own. Then I just say, "hi dad!" Best to you!

Hecate
goteamgo5 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
Hecate0

Just my dad and I are the only ones who experienced anything in that house. It came up at a family campfire one time. I like to believe it was my grandfather that my dad saw.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Goteamgo, I wonder if others in your family have heard them. Given your description of the house, and your father's accounts, it does sound like there easily could be family members around, deceased family members, I mean, or possibly others. It sounds like you no linger live there. Does family?

Hecate
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Hi there Goteamgo and welcome,

You're right about our teen years making us more susceptible.
The fact these guys stopped arguing when you approached makes me think they didn't know you were within hearing range. They probably heard you coming and shut up. Perhaps they'd had words before when they thought no one was around and on that day they didn't realise they weren't alone.

Some people might suggest a residual haunt, which is possible especially given the age of the home. But I personally feel this was two ghosts using that room to have a barney, because of the timing of when they shut up.

There's a few other stories on here with people walking in on ghosts using an empty room to chat etc. Most ghosts either shut up when a person approaches the room, or they are walked in on, glimpsed briefly by the person, and quickly disappear.
We in the physical realm sometimes scare the ghosts. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: