You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Lady On The Bench

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady On The Bench

 

In my hometown there is bike trail that used to be a railroad. The railroad was ripped up and it is now a very nice gravel path. They have added lots of plants and benches along the way over the years. It goes for 24 miles. It's called the Great River State Trail. I grew up using this trail, and have never had any other experience on it.

One day in the summer when I was eleven or so, I was riding my bike, and saw something strange. There was this lady sitting on the bench with her elbows on her knees and her head hanging down. She appeared to be in distress. I spotted her probably at least fifty feet in front of me. I immediately felt uneasy.

She looked like she was straight out of the nineteen seventies. She was tall and thin with a pixie haircut. She was wearing light denim flare jeans and a navy blue t shirt with rainbow stripes on the sleeve. I was so scared I rode my bike right past her and was not brave enough to look to the side as I rode by.

I will remember that forever. Still have no idea what I saw. It could of been a real person for all I know. I wish I would have been brave enough to look. It would be nice to have some answers.

I think based on the way she made me feel that something stranger is going on. I will always wonder what was she so distressed about. I also remember thinking isn't she hot in that clothing. It did not make sense in the middle of summer to be dressed like that. I have not told anybody this story so it is nice to finally get it out there.

Other hauntings by goteamgo5

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, goteamgo5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Are you sure maybe it wasn't just a young lady into vintage clothes, who was having a bad day?
Your instincts could very well be correct, or it's also possible you just freaked yourself out. In any event, thanks for sharing, friend!
😊 ❤ 😊
publicways (32 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
believe me, sir, I want to understand your story but I'm having a real hard time. Isn't it just someone sitting on a bench with their head hung low? It seems pretty normal to me, sir.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
Greetings, Goteamgo.

While there's every chance that you saw a real person in emotional distress, your instincts told you not to get involved. That's a good enough reason to avoid a situation you are not prepared to handle. It may have been subtle clues in her body language, a premonition, or an irrational impulse, but your gut reaction was to flee.

Usually, it is when we ignore our instincts that we regret the consequences.

Best,
Biblio.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-08)
I'm on the other side of the state from you, but I'm familiar with that trail. What makes you think she wasn't a real person?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: