You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Something's Up

Real Ghost Stories

Something's Up

 

In the last few weeks I have had odd things happening to me around my home. They have been enough to get my attention and creep me out and now one of my coworkers came to inform me weird things are happening at my cubicle.

This morning I come in to work, set my things down and got my computer on, normal settling in stuff. My coworker and office mate (sits directly behind me) saw me come into the office and gives me this look of horror. She asks "Are you just coming in?" I say "Yes". She said that for the last 15 minutes she thought I was already here (my coworker comes in 30 minutes before anyone and opens up the office).

There is a wall separating us. If you stand up we can see each other but sitting down we can't see each other. She said that for the last 15 minutes she could here me typing, shuffling papers, opening drawers and just working away. She was on a phone call so she kept talking and when she got off the call, stood up to tell me good morning and I was not there. She thought I went to get coffee, but then she saw me walk in and asked me if I had been there earlier. No one else was there but us two. Weird. I got goose bumps when she told me this because the oddest things have been happening at home to me.

A few days ago I was dusting around the house. I was dusting the coffee table, got a phone call went to answer and came back to finish dusting the table, and the table was now placed in the corner of the room, with my dust rag still on top of it. No one was home but me. It made me question myself "Did I move it?" "No, why would I?" Mind you I never move it unless I'm sweeping under it.

Two days after this I went grocery shopping with my husband and 2 children. We return home to find our patio door completely open and a huge puddle of water under the table I was dusting two days back. We always lock our doors and set the alarm when we leave. There is no explanation to this, and the water I just don't get, and the alarm not going off. My husband tried so hard to find an explanation but still cannot.

Now doors in my home are open when I know I closed them, like someone messing with me. Our alarm keeps going off at night, a few nights in a row now, and the front door was opened, and my bedroom window, but they were closed.

It's really getting weird, but honestly it does not scare me it just makes me curios and I assume it's my brother letting me know he is still there. He was always a joker, and I can't help but thinks it's him still pranking me. I don't know, but it's what I'm going with.

Other hauntings by LBReyes

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LBReyes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Eek! I would not take such security breaches so lightly. Haunting or not, I'd suggest changing the security code ASAP. Setting security aside, I am wondering about the water, whether it has some sort of significance. I'm guessing that the meaning is more personal rather than general. Listen to everyone else here, and best of luck to you! ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Greetings & condolences, LB.

Operating on the assumption that your brother is responsible for the peculiar events around your home, I'd like to make an observation: whatever issues troubled him enough to stop smiling for the last three weeks of his life have been resolved from his perspective! If this is the case, he's not only 'at peace,' but he's also back to his old self -if somewhat incorporeal.

To follow up on Miracles' idea that you try to communicate, and I agree with Tweed's warning against Ouija boards (spirit boards in general), I have a suggestion. If you still have the pre-interment gravesite image on your iPhone, perhaps you could print it out, frame it, and keep it somewhere personal, like a nightstand. If anything positive happens to the picture/frame (such as being placed in a more prominent location) I'd go with your gut reaction that it is your brother.

I apologize for this next part, in advance: if something negative happens to the picture (thrown, smashed, defaced), I would strongly recommend Rook's cleansing asap. You are in grief, which is natural; most people grieve a loved one's death for three years. In close relationships, longer is normal and suicide always complicates those feelings even more. This is painful, but it is a natural and healthy response to trauma. However, some parasitic entities appear to latch on to those in grief and thrive [note: speculation!] in the chaotic atmosphere generated by confusing the bereaved. This paragraph is more precautionary than anything; I'm not trying to upset you, I'm merely urging caution in circumstances which have the potential to cause you anguish in the future.

I sincerely hope that this really is your brother trying to make you laugh along with his pranks. Those in despair seldom think about the effect of their actions on others; through joking around, he could be trying to tell you that whatever happened to put him in that situation wasn't your responsibility and couldn't be dealt with in any other way; now he needs you to be happy he's no longer in psychological pain, so that each of you can move forward. [Please note that moving forward is not the same as moving on...]

Take care of yourself & your family.
I hope you do find some peace of mind.
-Biblio.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
LBReyes, I am so sorry for your loss. This all may be your brother. But I also have another idea for you to consider. The pain of grieving is extremely powerful, powerful enough to possibly create a poltergeist. While your brother is likely to be near you now, also associated with these strong emotions, your energy could have 'gone to the next level', so to speak. Google poltergeist, not the movie. I doubt your brother would have enough energy to do all of the things you report, some maybe, but not all. That's a lot of activity. There are guided meditations for grief on youtube. I imagine if you search carefully, there might be one associated with suicide. Thank you for sharing such a poignant story. I wish you the best.

Hecate 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
Hi LBR, welcome.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is some heavy stuff to deal with and I'm glad to hear you aren't scared by what's happening.
I feel leaving doors open can be a way some ghosts like to show they've been. A way to say 'I've entered' or 'I'm leaving'. I've had this happen to me and I'm not the kind of person to like doors being opened! So I asked that the culprit stop leaving doors open, and they did. 😊 If this bothers you the same as it did me, simply ask out loud when you feel he's there (assuming it's your brother) and I'm sure he'll listen. I agree with Miracles, if it's something you wish to do, find a way for him to confirm if it's him. Just DON'T use a Ouija board! Whoever this ghost is, it seems they're comfortable and competent to make their presence known, I'm sure you'll find a way with which you can communicate comfortably and safely. 😊

Thanks for sharing this. Oh the water thing is interesting, well interesting that you don't get it. Maybe there's something in this detail that will come to light at a later date. Start keeping a journal if you aren't already.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
hey LBReyes... Sorry to hear about your brother... I found your story creepy specially that office thing... Like others I can also say It could be your brother... But as you mention you didn't feel any fear so it must be your brother...

Regards,
ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
It's possible it may be your brother. Sorry to hear about him. Even if not, it only seems to be a playful spirit which doesn't mean any harm to you or anyone, at least until now. Hope it stays the same way.

Regards
DeathByDonut (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
LBReyes:
Sorry to hear about your brother. May his soul rest in peace.
Thanks for explaining promptly

Yours respectfully,
DeathByDonut
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Sorry to hear about your brother. I'm sure he is still there pranking you and letting you know he is watching over you. I am intrigued by the work incident. How interesting!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
LBReyes - sometimes we just have to go with our gut feelings and in your case, I would.

From what you have told us, it does seem as if these are pranks (at least the ones at home) and if your brother was a prankster, I certainly cannot and will not tell you this is not him. Unless something occurs that leads you to believe differently, I'd continue believing it's him. If you don't already, acknowledge him. Maybe he can validate this for you 😊 ❤
LBReyes (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Death by Donut, Sorry, should have said that my brother passed away October 2014, his death is something I struggle with, and come to think of it these incidents have started with me having all these recent thoughts about him, and just regret and blame, his death was a suicide, so there is just a lot of intense feelings
DeathByDonut (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Really a creepy one for me especially the sight of coworker in the office. Thanks for sharing

Could you please explain me that last paragraph. I am confused about your brother.
1) Is he still alive? (Sorry to ask this but many stories have something sad in them so just my question)
2) What do you mean by "...letting me to know that he is here...","...he was always a joker...". Please give some more details if possible

Yours respectfully,
DeathByDonut

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: