You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mother Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Mother Experiences

 

Fist off, yes I believe in ghosts but at the same time I do make sure nothing else is the cause of it. That is why I am so confused.

You see, my family and I have lived in the same house for twelve years. I remember the first night we stayed in it I constantly felt like I was being watched, something was always right behind my back, and that if I turned I'd see a face. After a few days I had started sharing a room with my older sister and that feeling went away. I didn't tell anyone. I was only 7 or 8 and people told me I had an over-active imagination.

Though after a few months my mother talked to my eldest sister about hearing things at night such as people walking up the stairs, doors slamming, talking in her room when she's alone. Things were consistence like that for her for years until she started seeing apparitions walking into the kitchen or from the stairs to the hallway. Then, of course, she'd send one of us children to look and no one would be there.

A lot she played it off as if it was nothing until one night she was taking bins out. She says she felt someone was watching her from the road as she walked up the driveway. And when she looked back she saw a black silhouette of some tall person watching her. Then when she had stopped completely to stare at it, it started up the driveway towards her. Of course she bolted inside locking the door behind her. Running upstairs in a panic. It took her a week to tell me what had happened.

Things after that seemed to have a steady pace of scaring the crap out of my mother. She saw and heard that even more often. My three older sisters moved out and only my four younger brothers and I were still living with her.

Not long after one of my sisters moved out she had a miscarriage. One time my sister came to visit. She stayed in the lounge room with me and my brother while my mother went to go grab something from her room. When my mother came back from the room, I saw she was pale. I asked her what was wrong but she didn't answer me until she got back from taking my sister home. She told me she had been looking from something in her room and she her a little child giggling from the doorway.

Just as my mother said this my youngest brother came into the room we were talking in and asked if 'Charlie' (my niece) was going to be okay on the plane to Queensland and that Charlie was waiting for her new baby sister. My mother lost her shiat after that because none of the boys knew about Charlie's name and not even I knew about my sister moving again or the new baby. After that day my mother started burning little incense thing around the house like my grandmother would and then she seemed to experience less and less.

Me, however, I seem to be getting it now. I need explaining. Why did it move from my mother to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m-d-v, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Oh! Thanks Tweed!
I was wondering why so many good questions were sitting unanswered in the comments.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
pssst, you guys M-d-v follows up with this story in their other submission, which details what the OP has been experiencing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
m-d-v,

Welcome and well met...

FIRST: Going out on a limb here...

The sisiter whom miscarried and the one who came to visit near the end of this submission are indeed one and the same, YES?

SECOND: It sounds as if your Mom is using incense as a means to 'cleans and close' herself off and from the way you describe it she is doing something your Grandmother did. This sounds as if 'being sensitive' may run in your Family... On your Mothers side. It does not seem 'gender biased' as proven by your youngest brother coming in asking about things he did not know about... However approach that with caution as there is ALWAYS a chance he may have overheard a conversation (or two) that no one realized... However you seem pretty sure he did not so I will say that based on his age his 'second sight' is open and he can (at times) gather information from, or possibly even communicate with the spirit realm.

You have had a few experiences yourself, you can choose to do what your Mother is doing OR you can do some research and 'explore' the possible gift (s) it seems you may have.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
Would you describe your mother's house as cluttered or minimalist? Where would you say the house is on a scale of 1-10? (One being sparse and 10 being hard to move around in).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
I second ms_st0308 question, the part about "Charlie" is confusing.
It seems that several members of your family have experienced some sort of paranormal activity over the twelve years living in that house. -Has any one asked for any kind of help?

Though unnerving, whatever is in there doesn't seem to be aggressive or evil, perhaps it just wants to be acknowledged.
Since burning incense is working for your mother it would be a good idea to join her in this ritual and smudge the whole house together.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Just a couple of question to clarify some things for me. You stated that "after one of my sisters moved out she had a miscarriage. One time my sister came to visit." Is the sister that came to visit you the same sister that had miscarried?

And you mentioned a niece, Charlie, and her new baby sister. Are these two children connected the same sister that miscarried? And if so, was Charlie going to be the name of her baby that she lost, or was she pregnant again later with Charlie?

Sorry for all the questions, I just got a little confused with those last two paragraphs. Just trying to make the connections between what your mom experienced and your sister's loss.
DeathByDonut (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Nice one
I am not an expert about such things so I can't help you much

But I have a few doubts
1) You told me that you could see a face behind you in the starting of story then while your mother was experiencing all these things, was you still able to see that face?

2) You told that you have now started experiencing things like your mother then please tell me what kind of things in detail

Just wanted to know

Yours respectfully,
DeathByDonut

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: