You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Big Brother Lives On

Real Ghost Stories

My Big Brother Lives On

 

This is a very personal story, My only older brother died on 10/07/2014,leaving so many unanswered questions and sadness behind, you see he killed himself. In just about 3 weeks before his death something happened to him, and we don't know what and will never know, all we know is that in those last few weeks he stopped smiling, stopped sleeping, and felt so desperate and so helpless, that he took his life. I am heartbroken. The next few days after he passed were a haze, but life must go on.

I helped may parents arrange and prepare for his funeral services, tried to stay strong for them, but inside falling apart, because I wanted and needed to know that he was "okay" now, in peace, and wondering if there truly is something after this life. Well I got my answer, my family and I went to pick his plot where he was to be buried, we picked a spot under a lot of big beautiful trees. While getting on the golf cart that drives you around the cementary, I got this feeling, a very strong urge that I needed to take a picture of his final resting place, so I did and put the iphone away after doing so. Later that evening I reviewed the picture I took, and what it shows is amazing, (I will post it as well).

My brother is standing there looking down at his plot, wearing what he had on when he passed, he is sorrounded by "winged beings", there was nothing or any other persons there but us, I think this is my brother letting me know he is okay now. Every day is still hard, knowing I will never see him again, but I truly hope there is peace and something great after life on Earth, where we can all be together once more.

Other hauntings by LBReyes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LBReyes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jinn (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
I am so sorry for your brother my friend. The universe certainly has its spiritual side. Souls, angels and the devil certaily do exist but the most supreme existence is God and He will never let anyone good, suffer. There IS life after death and I certainly hope your brother is getting the best of it. The most real future of every living thing is the after-life. You should feel happy that you have proof that your brother is chosen for the heavens. It's a place where all of the good will eventually meet. Once again I feel very sorry for your brother. No one should go through something like that but ultimately it's God's will.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
LBReyes,
I am so sorry that you have experienced the heartbreak of loosing your brother. I also feel for your parents. If either yourself or they feel that they need help with dealing with his suicide, you might look and see if there is a local SOS (Survivors of suicide) chapter in your area. Sometimes, talking with others who have had the same experience helps.
I lost my son, right after he turned 20 to suicide, and I've lost 3 of my siblings, as well as my parents, so I may have an inkling to how you feel. There's no magic number for how long before the pain will ease. It's different for everyone, and for every experience. Grief carries its own calendar, and even with the passing of years, there will be times when it will feel as if it just happened, and at others as if it's some part of a shrouded dream. But, as you say, life goes on.
I would love to see that picture. I would suggest that you print it out and keep a copy in a safe place. Too often I hear of folks loosing all their pics when a phone dies. To me, that picture sounds like a real keeper, something you'll want to be able to show your kids and grand-kids.
daglozano (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
First of all, I am so very sorry for your immense loss. I lost my mother a little over a year ago and I miss her more with each passing day.

I, too, believe that their spirits live on in a dimension that we are still very unaware of. Last New Year's Eve (just a few weeks after her passing), I was feeling extremely sad and begged her to give me a sign. I begain taking pictures of my children as they played with sparklers as they rang in the New Year. It wasn't until the next day, when I looked at my pictures on my laptop that I saw my mother's image (very clearly) next to my youngest child. She was smiling, I feel like she was telling me that she was "okay." I would be happy to share this picture with you, as well.

Time, family and good friends will help you through this hardship. I wish you the best.

(( (Hugs)) )
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
Oh I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. My heart goes out to you.

I hope you are able to post the picture. I'm glad you have at least some closure in that form. Sending you and your family lots of love and light. ❤
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
This story really touched a place in my heart. I lost a friend of mine last October. It came as a complete shock to everyone who knew him as well. I am glad you found some peace in your situation. I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose your sibling, and I am so sorry for your loss. I know there will always be questions as to why this happened, and it is still very hard, some days more than others. But be assured that your brother loved you and your parents very much. I believe he was giving you that reassurance and letting you know he was safe and at peace.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
LBR, I am very sorry for your loss. <3

Looking forward to seeing the picture.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Didn't see any attachment on this when I was editing. I think it may be a glitch, there was a similar situation not long ago.
The simplest way to show the picture here now would be to upload to a site like photobucket, then post a link to the photo in the comments.
I'm sorry for your loss, and know that no words will really help. Only time truly helps. Be strong, and know that your brother's love will always live in your heart.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Yes, I had troubles too trying to add a picture before. Maybe a MOD will explain how to do so. Can't wait!
LBReyes (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
I attached photo for posting don't know what happened, I will attempt to add it but am having issues trying to post it. But it really needs to be seen to appreciate it.
Thank you all for your kind words, even reading your comments I still loose it emotionally, you assume that you will get old together as siblings, and I worried often about his future, but who knew there would be no old age or future for him, he was 37.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
LBReyes - Sorry for your loss. Your story is one I can relate to, and I can feel the love you have for your brother. Even though it was and still is a tough time, as you mention the cemetery scene, I felt very peaceful as I used to often spend time in them too when I lost my ex. It sounds like he is in a good place now. All the best wishes to you.

And like the others, I am anxious to see this photo. You mentioned it but it has not been up yet. If you are having trouble, I know some people upload it to photobucket, then supply the link.
Larbear (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
LBReyes,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your story. I too lost my brother just five years ago and each day that gos by I pray for a sign from him so I too know that he is ok and has found peace. You mentioned that you would share the picture that you captured on your iPhone camera, could you share it wit us to see? God bless and many prayers for you ad your family.
AbbiLinne97 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
LBReyes,I am sorry about your brother. I still have tears in my eyes as I write this. I lost my brother 8 days after my daughter was born that was 12 years ago. I agree with Griff84 it will get better and you won't feel like this forever. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
LBReyes- So sorry for your loss. I'm sure it is confusing and there will always be questions to why. I am glad that you have been reassured of his resting place and know that there is comfort in that.

Thank you for sharing such a personal story with us.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Hi LBReyes, welcome to YGS.

Thank you for sharing such a personal story. I am sure just composing it was very difficult.

I am very pleased that your brother has let you know he is ok, and hopefully now at peace. It is nice to think that perhaps these beings with him were other members of your family, who he is showing his resting place off too 😊

Having gone through a similar experience to yourself, with my cousin (I can't imagine what it is to loose a sibling) all I can say is the pain will fade over time, and the memories will live on. I'm sure he will be with you always too.

I thank you again for posting, and I felt compelled to comment as it has struck a cord with me.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
LBReyes! My condolence for your elder brother. It was a nice story with a pinch of creepiness. Did those "winged beings" too captured by your i-phone along with your brother?

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: