You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Oddities

Real Ghost Stories

Oddities

 

I'd just like to start by saying that I've attempted to post on this site several times and I guess today was my lucky day. I am a 24 year old female. I am a Christian, happily married with 3 beautiful healthy children. I spend my days cooking, cleaning and trying to stay sane while being a good wife and mom. Now to get down to business...

I was a very sensitive, quiet child. Different to say the least. I could always "feel" things. I knew whenever something bad was about to happen and my grandparents and mom told me several accounts where I had "talked" to nothingness and dreamed about events before they happened.

The earliest memory I have of seeing something out of the ordinary was at my great grandmothers house. I remember waking in the middle of the night and looking down at the opposite wall in the closet and seeing the silhouette of a woman. Glowing a magnificent blue color and holding her arms out at the sides.

Another incident occurred when I was around 7/8. I was playing in my front yard and suddenly felt compelled to look to my left. I can only describe what I saw as the 3D shadow of a satyr. It looked toward me and I turned to run, as I looked back it had disappeared.

In that same house I woke one night from a sound sleep to see another shadow form of a man staring at me from the doorway. (I lived in a house with 3 women) I didn't dare to move or scream because I knew what I saw wasn't a human. After a moment I rolled over and went back to sleep.

These are the scarier sightings I've had but I'll be sure to post more at another time. I've also had dreams and "visions" but I guess those will have to be posted on another site. I hope that you enjoyed reading my experiences and I'd love to get some feedback!

Other hauntings by mommybookworm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mommybookworm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mommybookworm (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Lady-glow, I'm not sure... I know that some people in my family have had experiences but not to the extent that I have. I'm not quite as open to these things as I was at a younger age. I'm afraid of attracting the wrong type of company if you know what I mean lol.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
MBW: welcome to YGS.
It seems to me that you are sensitive to spirits. Do you know if this runs in your family?

I'm looking forwards to more of your postings.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: