You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Head

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Head

 

I was younger, about 6 or 7. I am not sure exactly how old I was but I just moved to South Dakota months before my incident. I would have been in 1st grade but it happened during the summer.

Anyways, I woke up in the middle of the night/ I have no clue what time it really was because I did not have a clock in my room, but I looked around my room and as I looked towards the right of my bed (against the wall) I saw a shadow head of a man on the wall, the head faced sideways. It looked like he had a beard and but not a long one and he looked like he also had hair that would have been maybe 2 inches long. I did not freak out a whole lot but I did try to rearrange my covers because I thought they were the cause, but they weren't.

So I thought of this weird, creepy, glass mannequin-like head that my older sister put in my room. I thought that was the cause but truthfully it was nowhere near the light coming into my room from the window about 10 feet left of my bed. So I got up took the head down from the shelf but the head stayed. So I ran back into bed, and stared out the window to see if I would see anyone, nothing.

I then felt scared so I hid underneath my blanket for a little bit. I peeked my head out but it was still there, it never moved from the way it was looking. I then started freaking out and moving my blankets but it stayed still.

Long story short, it disappeared as my knees were up and as I moved them down the head moved with the shadow of my legs and disappeared. I have never seen it since.

I have always had a fear of the dark and right now I am a Junior in high school. I still fear the dark. I have had little experience with ghosts but I can swear that the shadow head actually happened to me. It is the earliest experience I have with ghosts and I have had another experience and I never stopped believing that what I saw was real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightsSecrets, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Hello NightsSecrets,
Your experience sounds very disconcerting, especially for a young child. I could not even begin to speculate why you had a man's silhouette in your room or what it could possibly mean. It sounds like you were a very smart and inquisitive child though and it was brave of you to go through such extents as to try to quell your own fear. Considering this is your first story, I do hope that you will post your other experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: