You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Envious Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

An Envious Ghost

 

There is much to tell about the ghost named 'Harold', who inhabits my mother-in-law's home. I will tell you that he was in life a kind old man, who passed away in his home, in my fiancee's old bedroom to be exact. Harold has been known to go up and down the basement stairs (especially when my fiancee or mother were showing) or just making general bumps around the home. None of this information appears to be a worthy paranormal tale.

I myself was a bit skeptical, until one evening. The first part of this tale happened to me I was spending the night at my fiancee's mother's home (at the time she was my girlfriend). We were laying in bed sleeping until my betrothed heard her niece crying from down the hallway, so she went to go lie in bed with her. Now my fiancee' told me that Harold did not particularly like me, as when I would come over, there would be strange bumps and more noises when I was around. Of course I shrugged it off as nothing.

Lying in bed (Harold's bedroom where he was found on the floor) I fell back asleep. It was sometime later that I woke up, completely paralyzed but with full function of my eyes. I scanned the room in the dim light over and again, until suddenly I sensed an eerie sensation overcome me, like I was not alone. It was shortly after this time when it felt like someone grabbed my right ankle and tugged my leg out of from under the blanket.

Now mind you I'm a large man (6'1 250 Lbs) and it seemed effortless to tug me out from under the covers. Upon which I sat up, and instead of being scared I was actually angry as I voiced my displeasure.

After speaking with my love about this I started to wonder had I just been dreaming? Did this really happen? I tried to separate it from my mind as time moved on.

A few months went by and my betrothed had moved into my home with me, and she was with child. One evening we decided to go over her mother's home and watch TV. Her mother was out so we were the only ones there. What I am about to tell you is the god's honest truth, with no fabrication or exaggeration. I was sitting in the recliner, as she was sitting on the couch. From my point-of-view I could see directly down the hallway to the entrance of the bathroom.

Out of nowhere we heard a "shhhh" sound. I muted the TV and looked at her as she looked back at me, and it began to get louder and louder. It sounded as if it was emanating from the bathroom. I cautiously walked down the hallway and turned into the bathroom. The sink was on full blast, both knobs were fully turned. I turned the sink off and it never happened again.

People try and say water pressure this, and bad pipes that, but it never happened again. Nobody fixed nothing, it was a one time occurrence.

Ever since then there has been a few more odd things to go on, but I am told that as of this year there hasn't been any disturbances to go on. Maybe Harold has moved on, or maybe he is just waiting for me to try and sleep in his room again.

Other hauntings by Yinzer

 

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yinzer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Yinzer,
It's possible he has crossed over but it is also possible he is staying quietly in his room in case your mother in-law needs him. He's used to being there for your wife and her mother. He is also used to you now so he isn't going to bang around. My advice is if he isn't bothering anybody leave him be IF he is still around.
Regards
Red
Yinzer (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Thanks for reading guys! I really appreciate the feedback. I believe he has found peace, but I don't go over as much now as when I was courting my fiancee'. I do go over, here and there to grab something or let her mother's dogs out. I'm there alone and I never hear anything else. I'm never really afraid as I believe he means no ill will towards me. I do agree with you msforgetmenott to an extent. I do believe he enjoyed the ladies company and probably felt like I was invading. I live in historic area that was formed in the mid 1700's, older than the City of Pittsburgh itself. My home alone is 105 years old. There is a lot of paranormal activity where i'm from.
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Riveting story! And very well written. I also agree with msforgetmenott. Thank you for sharing! 😁
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
hi yinzer,
me thinks that Harold has moved on now you are there to look after his precious girl.
initially he was probably annoyed with you and wanted to test you out.
Hope all is well with you now 😊
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Yinzer,
Did you ever think that the reason Harold has been quiet, is because you are now there to watch over the girls, and he now can take a break, knowing that you are there to take over.
We can never second guess what a ghost is thinking. That is why they have been interesting for thousands of years.
Nice story, well written.
Jan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: