You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Realtor Lied about our Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

The Realtor Lied about our Haunted House

 

I have written a few stories in the past about some of my paranormal experience, but the one that was the worst took place when I was child in the Philippines. When I was five years old my family moved to a house in Alabang City. It was a nice house and had a main family house, a dance house, and tea room that hung from a cliff. The price of the house was extremely affordable and a very good deal. The realtor told us that it was a steal.

We moved in that very week and everything was fine for a few months. My family hired maids to take care of us, in the Philippines we call them ya-yas. The hauntings started only a month after being in that house. My parents would sometimes sit out front of the house and one day when my mom was waiting for my dad to come home, she was out front and she saw a women walking in the front yard. She look like any other flesh and blood person but when my mother looked down at this woman's legs, she did not have any, she was floating across our lawn and she disappeared by some trees.

Another time, my father was walking through the hallway of the house and he saw black figures going from one doorway to another, when he went to check who it was, no one was there. The ya-yas would also be tormented. Many times they would leave because they would have their names called by the ghosts. The ghosts would say ya-ya Linda, ya-ya Linda, or who ever the ya-ya's name was. Many time the ya-yas would start the bath for me and my sister and the water and lights in the bathroom would turn off by themselves before we were even able to get to the bathroom.

One time me and my sister were in our bedroom and the TV went on and off by itself and the doors began opening and closing on their own. My parents took us out of the room immediately. After this incident, my parents asked the realtor if anything happened in the house before we moved in. The realtor was at first apprehensive to tell us anything, but after my father began shouting at her, she became more willing to say what happened. The realtor explained that there was a family that lived in the house before us and the father of the family went on a shooting spree and killed his entire family and himself in the house. This is why the house was so cheap. After finding this out, my father threaten to sue the realtor for not telling us. The realtor agreed to settle and our money was given back since we paid in cash for the house. We moved within a month.

This was the scariest house I have lived in and I will never forget it. Unfortunately, I have lived in other haunted houses. Hopefully, I never have to live in another one again.

Other hauntings by Excaliburhope

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Excaliburhope, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-21)
If not for Shannonchikawow, I am also convinced that this story is the same as Amityville Horror. But I am still skeptical because as I am trying to search for news clips about a shooting spree somewhere in Alabang, I cannot find any.
Shannonchikawow (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Omg I know this house! My mom and I found it really pretty back when we used to pass by it everyday because we lived in Alabang. Thank god we didn't buy it. My mom had the vibes that there was something wrong with the house because it was always for sale.
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
i didn't undestand some parts and lines of your story. The grammar as well but still I like this story. Better becareful next time. And don't you ever forget to PRAY. GOD is the only way for you to be sure that you are really safe. God bless:)
jujubee6 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
hmm sounds like amityville horror 2 me do you know exactly where this house is still street address anything not a lot of these things happen frequently.

Write back thx or contact me anyway on this website 😁
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
And the moral of this story is---never accept a "steal" deal unless you're sure that it's a REAL deal. 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Excaliburhope,

It is sad that people care about making money these days rather than thinking about the client. Your story was quite scary and resembled a similar story in the Discovery Channel's A Haunting, although they had a demon and a portal instead of spirits of dead people. I am glad you escaped unharmed.

Thank you for sharing your story and please write more about your experiences, if you don't mind. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care

Sincerely,

Francois
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Elner, perhaps it is you that has seen to many movies... As this is someone coming from the phillipines what is to say that the Amityville Horror has even been shown there...
in any case, this does sound like a classic haunting, one that is not unique as such, but does show that Ghosts and how they come about is not limited to location or culture.
Cynric (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Well many cases like this happen all the time, if you been watching some horror shows, that houses that are too good to be true often hold a terrifying secret.

So start having doubts when you find a good deal for a really good house.
elner (38 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
looks fake... Why? WHY? It sounds like amytaville horror the past was the father was on a shooting spree and the house was cheap and a lot of weird things happen 🤔
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
The same thing happened to us, actually. We ended up with a "default" on our house on Middlebury Street. Every time I drive by the house and see it still sitting there vacant I am tempted to go up and see if there is still anything there. I bet there is. It is going three years ago and I watched three or four renters live there for a short period of time only. From what I could observe from the street, we were he longest staying tenants at only a year and a half. However, unlike your family, we were not given our money back and just had to chalk it up to experience.
I am glad that your family was able to have the money returned so that you were all able to move quickly. It sounds like you were all uncomfortable there.
Thank you for sharing your story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-18)
Hi Excaliburhope. I have actually heard of this before, default by haunting. I watched a story about a house in England and once the people moved in they had a tremendous amount of spiritual activity, this upset the whole family greatly. They confronted the realtor and seller of the home, and the previous owners admitted they had paranormal activities. They were forced to null and void the sale and re-take possession of the home. They were so freaked out that they would not move back in, but stayed elsewhere waiting for the sale of the house. From then on the realtor was forced to reveal the history and suspicions of hauntings in the house. When the program ended, the first owners still hadn't sold their house. I'll bet, given the right person, who's interested in the paranormal, they will sell it soon enough! Thanks for sharing your story!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
that sounds terrifying foa all who lived there. Hoefully, the house can be, or has been blessed or cleansed tha the sould can move on to peace. ]

God Bless!
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-04)
The sudden release of emotion, particularly powerful ones like anger, hate, sorrow and even love can unfortunately bind spirits to a particular place. Do an internet search for "Villisca Axe Murder House" to find a somewhat similar situation. Houses that have felt great tragedy tend to remember and bear witness to what happened.
scarystories
 
16 years ago (2007-11-04)
I can relate to your store because I think my house is hunted because lots of weird stuff happens and its really scary 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: