You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was There?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was There?

 

Before I moved in with my fiance, I was staying with my mum after losing my flat and my job. When my fiance came to stay with me, we would have an air mattress in my brother's bedroom on the floor as he always stayed when they were at their dad's.

One night we had gone to bed as normal and I woke up, not sure why but I was startled awake. I looked around the room and what I saw has stayed with me as it frightened the life out of me. There was someone or something in the corner of the room.

I rubbed my eyes as I thought I was dreaming but when I opened them it was still there. I cannot say it was staring at me as I could not see a face but it did feel like it was looking at me. It was tall and dark, definitely like the shadow people I have read about on here. I cannot remember anything other then fear, so could not say if I felt good or evil intentions from it.

Now it was a few seconds that seemed like a lifetime before I woke my partner and told him there was someone in the room. He could not see it even though I was pointing right at it so he turned the light on and it was gone there was nothing there. He turned it off and on to see if it was a shadow that I had noticed but it never came back, any ideas on this?

Other things have happened in my Mum's house. We have had the door handles pull down and doors open but no one be on the other side and my Mum says she often hears someone calling her. The rooms are always cold at different, random times and it can sometimes feel unnerving, like we are being watched.

Slightly off topic in the house I am in now I have a picture on the wall, well I have a lot of pictures on the wall but this one picture for no reason will move. It will slant in different directions when the last time it was looked at it was straight. The other pictures are not doing this.

We have checked the fixing and this is fine. I think that this is my stepdad. I mentioned in my previous story that he passed suddenly after I had moved out. Now he had spent ages attaching a fixing to this picture to put on the wall in my old room, for me to move out weeks later. I think this is him messing about with us because he went to all this trouble for me to move it about. I think it his way of joking with me as that is the kind of relationship that we had.

Well thank you for reading and all comments are appreciated.

Much Love

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notadaddysgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notadaddysgirl (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
The picture is a wooden picture of some legs and then we are family written on it. It took him quite a while to add the hook and hang it on the wall as it was really fiddly. That is the only connection as it was a gift from my sister and nothing to do with him directly.
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Sometimes, in the cases of sudden death, the person who dies attaches himself to an inanimate object. Perhaps this is the case with your stepdad. I can totally relate to door handles being turned, voices calling my name, shadows in the room and that constant feeling of being followed and watched. It is unnerving indeed. My old house was built on an ancient burial ground, it was a vantage point and there were murders and betrayals in the area. Post sundown it got quite eerie.

The picture may not have anything to do with your stepdad at all. I suggest you look into the history of the house and area for better insight.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Interesting! As for the shadow, you may have seen what was messing with your mother while you stayed at her home. Sounds like it didn't follow you to your new home.

As for the picture, you may be right on, but, he may be just letting you know he is ok. Follow your instincts and say hello, that you know its him and thank him for checking in on you. You may want to attach some sticky "picture putty, Earthquake putty" or something similar to the back of the picture to secure it in one place. If it moves again, you know for sure that unseen energy is manipulating it and is determined communicate with you!

Thanks for sharing!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
I know the picture is off topic, but why is just this one picture being messed with?

Is it a painting or a photograph?

What is the subject of the picture?

Was this significant for your dad?
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
if he cares you, ask him to stop it as you are scared. If he is doing to scare you or hurt you, please contact a priest soon. Though you think it is someone you know, it might get worsen when you are not doing anything to stop it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: