You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Possession Of My Brother

Real Ghost Stories

Possession Of My Brother

 

It was December 2013. Jaipur is a pretty developed city in the state of Rajasthan in India. We are a family of four (me, my father, my mother and my younger brother). Since 15 years I have been staying away from home in residential schools and colleges. And my brother stays with my parents in Jaipur.

After I completed my graduation I came back to home town forever so that I could start my career. When I arrived my brother was already shifted to residential school to continue his 11th grade studies in Kota, Rajasthan.

He came back for holidays multiple times when I was there but all was well until 1st April 2013. I was sleeping with my brother in his room after watching few action movies. And at around 2 in the night I start hearing a growling sound and when I wake up I see my brother sitting on the bed beside me and growling. So I asked him what is wrong and he did not reply and I did the same couple of times but to vain. That is when I lost my patience and shouted at him holding his face towards me, but the response was not a kind off of response I would have expected in my whole life that too from my little brother (6'2 height and 118 kgs weight). He kicked me on my chest shouting "How dare you touch a woman who is angry on a man". Boom I went and hit the cupboard and shouted so that my mom and dad come to protection. But as soon as my mom walked in he slapped her so hard that she fell on the floor and when my dad came in he kicked him and he also was on the floor not in a condition to get up.

So I gathered myself up and caught hold off him and made him lay down on the floor as I was an ex-sportsman and now a heavy guy with lot of stamina. And I started screaming for help and that is when neighbors came in running for help. After there were many people in the room we were able to control him and tie him and throw him on the bed. Later we called in an old friend of my dad who did all this black magic and when he walked in and spent some time all alone with my tied up brother in the room and came back to tell what exactly happened.

According to him while my brother was in Kota he went out on a weekend for an outing and came back to the area where his hostel was situated at around 2 in the night and while walking towards the hostel, they (my brother and his friends) chose to go through the cemetery as short cut. But on the way one of his friend challenged him to go and pray anything near any grave and he did go to a big grave where 2 family members (mother and daughter) were buried after they were killed by her husband regarding an affair with someone else. So the souls of these 2 has possessed him back then and stayed in for the right time (Navratri- a holy 9 days where Indians pray to goddess Kali).

Later he was cured after a lot of pujas and hawans but is still restricted from having alcohol and non-vegetarian. My mom still fears that the daughter hasn't left his body but we do not feel the same anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vishnunair128, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-18)
mostly in india I have seen these pose [at] ed people it takes over immediately I have seen my aunt got possessed and the effect was seen within 3 or 4 days in full swing. But in west iam seeing different trend.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
totally agree with you mack,

Something just does not feel right about this.

To be honest, there is elements that just do not come together so well.

Nothing to do with the language barrier but mainly to do with the total vibe of the scenario.

It all just seems too speedy and exaggerated but maybe that is just the way it all went down.

Please ask your self " is this really believable? "

Thanks for your story 😊
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
Hi Vishnunair128 - thanks for sharing but with all respect to you and whoever else I'm probably about to offend, I'm struggling with some aspects of this story. Personally I've never been possessed nor seen someone possessed nor seen an exorcism; I don't believe many people at all have experienced them first-hand as genuine possessions are rare indeed (I'm bracing myself here for some sort of "possession is easy" back-lash)

From what I understand the conditions for a possession to take place have to be fairly extreme, whereby the persons mental or physical well-being has been severely affected either by drugs or mental illness etc etc and they become susceptible, and even then it's not a given that full blown spiritual possession will occur.

So...when you write that your brother, who I assume was looking and acting perfectly normal up until the point he suddenly started "growling" then got physical with everybody, that just doesn't ring true (to me).

I also struggle with how a seemingly healthy and well-adjusted boy is suddenly possessed by two (!) spirits because he simply "prayed" in a graveyard. I mean, did he say he experienced anything odd at the graveyard when he was suddenly "tenanted" by these poor women? Was he acting distressed, angry, strangely after that moment? So many questions...

Regards

Mack.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Hello, Vishnunair it's an scary story indeed! I am glad that your brother is safe now... Thanks for sharing
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Quite dramatic consequences. An extremely horrible story ever read on this site. Just stop your brother for these things as nothing is more important than his safety.
Vikram (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Lady Glow & SDS: I think he meant that he returned to his home town in December 2013 and this event happened in April 2014.

But I have a different question: Nav Ratri happens sometime in September/October. Do you mean that your brother was suffering from April 2014 to October 2014 or October 2013 to April 2014?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
Vishnunair128, I have the same question about the dates as lady-glow has asked. It is quite confusing. Please do respond. Thereafter, we shall proceed further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
I don't get it, first you say that "It was December 2013..."
And two paragraphs later: "...but all was well until 1st April 2013..." and continue describing your brother's possession.

Could you please explain the discrepancy between these two dates? 😕

Or...April 1st, 2013... Is this an April fool's joke? 😜
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
better be safe and ask your brother to stop those heroics again.

Same happened one of my friend and it was so horrible.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: