You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Indisputably There (obviously)

Real Ghost Stories

Indisputably There (obviously)

 

The wife and I had said our good nights and I was facing one way (towards a wall the other side of which is our backyard). She was facing the other way (we were back to back) in front of her a short distance was the door to enter our room.

Right through the wall came a gentleman about 5 foot 11 inch tall wearing a grey plaid shirt and grey pants. This man proceeded to walk past our bed (it was the foot of our bed) as I laid frozen except for turning my head to follow where he was going. As soon as he had walked past (like midway) our bed and reached the point where my wife, facing the other direction, might have been able to see him by way of peripheral vision. Sure enough, she did catch his slow movement past our bed.

As she turned her head to see him she could also see, looking past her shoulder, that my head was also turned as I was watching the dude too. Our eyes met with the same WTF look in them. As we both then watched as he took about five more steps, then turned around and walked out through the door on another wall which also led to the backyard. Walked through the door, did not open it.

The way it went down with us being back to back, then her looking back at me over her shoulder, still laying back to back. We saw the same dude exactly... But that's all we know, he has not returned yet to my knowledge.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mike5ive, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
mike5ive,

Woah! What an experience! I like the calm way you both watched the man walk through your room and then through (literally!) the door. I know all too well the feeling of WTF... Did I really just see that?!

So interesting that, to your knowledge, the apparition has not been back. It makes me wonder if he was just passing through (no pun intended) and really had no particular connection to your house.

I also have to admit I was quite amused by your wife's refusal to go back into the room for the remaining 6 - 7 years she lived in your home. I know that feeling too!

Thanks so much for writing,

Calamity
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Mike5ive,
Short and to the point!
Works for me 😊.

If it were my husband and I in that room lol I would've probably left him in there with the ghostie!

From what you wrote it seems like he was just passing through in his time, and not yours.

Awesome experience! Wish it could've been me!

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS!
Spiritwaiting
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Mike5ive, that's what people call as wonderers or travelers, I don't think you have to worry about anything since it's not connected to you or the house, like me I have my life with no more paranormal activities around, but I am always very curious.
mike5ive (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
The room was an ad on to the house but we bought the home new in 1952, no one else has ever lived here. The wife (we are no longer together for other reasons) refused to go back into the room after that incident / some 6 or 7 years that we were together after it happened. I have no idea to date what or who it could have been as I have researched the area the home is on and there is no record of it ever being part of someones farmland.
I guess the dude was truly a lost sole, literally. Nonetheless to my knowledge he has never been back so hopefully he found his way back to wherever but his face was blank as in I don't think he could see us and he didn't look unhappy or happy.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Wow!
That is creepy!
Do you know if he is related to the house?
I mean like an ex-user of the house, things like that.

I had a different experience but I had "fight" it and so it did not came back lol
Same as me nothing else had happened for more than 20 years now.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Awesome Mike...Awesome...hahahahaha LOL... We all welcome you to YGS.

Most of the members try to write their story creepily... But your one is the funniest & short & meaningful one I have ever read in this Website...

Awesome bro...really...Most funniest part is the part that you have discribed the way both of you looked at the ghost... WTF look...hahahah...That is awesome...LOL... I can imagine the way both of you looked at each other... Can't stop laughing...

Ok now let's skip that and let's talk about the expirience... Actually I don't have any suggestions but I think that is just a normal spirit... Entered the room and left the room... So according to my knowledge about ghost I can say that ghost is not harmful...

What happened after he left the room... I need a long discription about it...

Regards my friend,
BloodEman
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Hi mike5ive--Welcome to YGS. You and your wife experienced a classic apparitional visitation. I have read several very similar types of experiences in paranormal case study collections. Like your encounter, apparitions do, on occasion, seem to enter through a wall and exit through a door (or vice versa). Did the apparition make any indication he knew you and your wife were there?

I'm sure it was a freaky thing when it happened but you both were quite lucky to have such a clear view of an apparition! Do you think he was a former resident? In some cases there appears to be no connection between apparition and house, so I am curious.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: