You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ferotni

Real Ghost Stories

Ferotni

 

When I was 4 and stayed over at my uncle's house in Bangladesh, he used to tell us stories about his house being haunted. His stories were funny and didn't scare us. One day I was near the village well. I sat down on the floor leaning my bach against the well when I felt something pinch me. I turned but there was no one there. I continued to brush the hair on my toy rabbit's hair when I felt it again.

I then remembered that my uncle once said that a girl's ghost haunts his house and she liked pinching people. I got scared and ran back to the house.

I was sitting next to my great-grandma and watched her kneed some dough to make pita bread. My cousin were calling me up. I followed them up. My cousins found a frog and started to play with it.

I suddenly heard a little girl crying. I looked at my cousins and counted them, they were all there so I was wondering who was crying. My uncle called me so I went at the top of the stairs. He said who is that crying. I said I don't know. It was coming from the bathroom. I went there and screamed.

All of my cousins came, my uncle as well. My oldest cousin grabbed me and hugged me. There, right in front of us was a ferotni - a ferotni's are woman who don't pass on and turned into horrible beasts, they come at night near trees and rip off the hair on other girls (they do that because they are jealous of our hair)

She got up and ran to the roof. My uncle and cousin chased after her. But by the time they go there she was gone. They searched everywhere but she was no-where to be seen.

The next day they got the house blessed and never saw the girl again.

Freaky! Hope you liked it.

Other hauntings by Ambu

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ambu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
The experience is really scary. But I don't the O/P is still active in the site. But I haven't heard anything about Ferotni. I don't think that it has got anything to do with Indian sub-continent. One of the posters referred it to be so but I don't think in India, we refer anything related to paranormal as Ferotni.

Got some questions to ask the O/P. But alas, I am too far late to read this narrative.

Regards and respects,

SDS
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
I would like to know more about Fertonis, since it is the first time I hear about them.
RTasnim (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
My God! Ambu this is scary. I think that was a Jinn taking the form of a form of ferotni. Omg that's spooky...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Hey Ambu... When did you move from Bangladesh to Malaysia?
I think I read one of your stories in Bangladesh segment.

Thanks
Regards
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Ferotni's are indeed true; whether they are spirits of deceased women whose spirits. Havent passed on as Ambuu has stated, I'm not too sure about. I feel they are evil malevolent spirits, and are prevalent in the Indian sub continent. They are hideous in apperance with long shrivelled hair, and demonic featured that can scare even the macho of men. But I've also heard storied of fori's; or 'faeries' who resemble very beautiful women dressed in white sari, abducting young children in Bangladesh! How do I know this? My mum was just a whisker away from being snatched by one of these spirits!
crazyface (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
hi ambu,
I love the story you wrote and I once had an experience with one to so I know how you must have felt that day, some peopledont believe in ferotni's but because I have seen it with my own eyes no one can change my belief in them! 😁
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Nice Ambu, but be careful, they can appear in trees like pontianks (I know you said it earlier).

Please,don't ever pass a tree at night...
(Its funny to hear that there is a ghost who don't just hunt men in Malaysia 😆.)
HaleyScott (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
wow my mom calls some people who mess with us freotni! It is quite funny actually.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-06)
Hi Ambu, wow. If this is truly what happened, that is frightening. I had no idea there was even such a thing as a ferotni. I just thought it was a name someone made up to go along with that new cartoon out with the skeletons, uh, sorry, I can not think of the name of the cartoon right now. Thanks for setting me straight!
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
Hey Ambu, I enjoyed your story very much. I love to read about other cultures. I have to say that if this is true it could be very frightening. Thanks for an interesting story.

Be Safe and God Bless
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-22)
Ambu, Thank you for the snap-shots of life (and hauntings) in Malaysia!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Ambu, I agree with mustang. You were only 4 at the time and I think your Uncle's stories had a lot of influence on you. I think time has changed the events into something different than what really happened. You decline to participate in the discussion but, feel free to let me know if I'm wrong on this one.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Freaky would about describe it.

Thank you for sharing your tradition with us, I had no idea what a Ferotni was until reading this story.

God Bless! 😁
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi Ambu! I have to say this sounds like an "urban legend" to me. However, if this is a true story, that would be very scary! Thanks for sharing your story! 🤔 ~Shelby
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
This is a bit different for me, since I'm not familiar with ferotni's. I usually don't fall into what some say are "urban legends", but it is indeed interesting. Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: