You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Stuck in my Boyfriend's Haunted Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Stuck in my Boyfriend's Haunted Apartment

 

My boyfriend, Jason, and I have been together almost 6 months now. He has lived in his apartment for almost a year, and I still technically live at home with my parents. However, I do spend a great deal of time at his place whether or he is home.

Ever since I have been coming over, I have felt a strange presence in his apartment. I constantly feel as though I am being watched at an uncomfortably close distance. There is also a constant tapping and banging on the walls. The tapping and banging is almost rhythmic and always happens when I feel like I am being watched. No one is in the apartment next to us so I have ruled out the neighbors.

Also, in the computer room, the window and door will open and close on their own. However, the one room I hate to go into the most is the utility room. The utility room feels as though there is an ominous presence in it that definitely does not want you there. No matter how tightly you close the door to it, it will always be cracked open within 15 minutes as though someone is peeking out at you.

The lights also tend to flicker on and off throughout the apartment. Not to mention gusts of wind when there isn't any window open, and what sounds like very soft whispering.

When all of this first started happening to me, I was usually there by myself. I would then of course ask my boyfriend about it, and he would say something like "oh, that's probably just the walls settling or something". However, one day I had come over for dinner and he asked me if I had ever gotten stuck in the computer room. I asked him what he meant by stuck and he said the door slammed shut and he couldn't get it open again. He said it had taken him almost 10 minutes to be able to pry the door open. I could tell that he was very shaken up by this.

Needless to say, we are currently looking for a new place to live; however, for the time being we are still stuck here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mary, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

peiamarn (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
Well, have you ever talked to a psychic expert? Maybe that'll be a great help.
I think, there's someone living inside the computer room and he/she didn't want to be disturbed and he maybe, wanted to occupy the room, all by himself. You can also ask that someone to leave the place, or better ask the owner of the apartment if there's a hidden story behind it.
By the way, I love this story...
*goosebumps*
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
I find it very distressing when I suspect of being watched as I presume anyone would. I do feel it's a good choice to find another place to live in since going against whatever's there isn't that wise. You can never be sure of the outcome when dealing with a spirit or ghost.

I don't suppose you have research into the history of the apartment since you would have mentioned it.

Sometimes we try to communicate with the other side or try to find a way of assisting the deceased by encouraging them to go to the light (which is an act of love and compassion for those who lost their way), forgetting that there are forces we shouldn't be mendling with or even that those who insist on wandering around may not share the same "innocent" or altruistic feelings as we do.

My point is, sometimes we need to learn when to give up and withdraw from the effort to make peace between ourselves and the unseen forces since many times we are not fully and properly equipped to deal with them.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-06)
I do hope you have not yet left this apartment. Other than the oddities of the place, do you and your boyfriend like it there? I only ask because if you do like it, why not fight for it if the situation allows? Beside the time your boyfriend was trapped in the computer room, has anything negative besides bad feelings happened? Try cleansing the apartment (and yourselves before returning to it) first. You do not have to converse with the "entity" if it makes you nervous. But you can talk AT it. Simply tell it that it has to leave, this is now your home and it will have to walk towards the light and all of the waiting family and friends in the light. Just a couple of suggestions for you. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hello,Mary
I think, something bad has happened in that apartment. Getting a psyhic involved may help with this situation before moving out. 😐Good luck.😁
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
omg if that was me I would say "i never going back over to your house'becasue that's is so scary
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Not to be skeptic but everyone that knows me I'm anything but that. The reason why I ask is if the apartment is an old one the doors could be lose and sometimes they tend to not close or open by themselves since they are not latching. Now, if you have already ruled out all of this then you do have a "ghost" and I write it that way because it could be someting else. In that case I would suggest that you first do a research of the property so that in the mean time you know where you are living. I unfortunatly have not been lucky in finding anything in history on it as of yet.
But, I do wish you good luck and thanks for sharing
😁
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Wow sounds really scarey! If I must say you should smudge some sweet grass around the apartment and if that doesn't work tell the presence "In the name of the LORD I command you to leave this apartment alone..." "GO..." And if you don't believe in the LORD put sweet grass above your entance way and your bedroom door! I hope it works!

good luck 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Wow, how frightening!
I would like to echo some of the other comments, I would be VERY curious in the history of the apartment, building and/or land. It may have something to do with that. Whatever is there sounds like it intends to stay, however, you could try placing a cross in each of the rooms. Tell ;it' to leave in the name of the Lord. If this does not hold to your belief system, you could try a smudge ceremony, they are very effective.

Keep us posted!
God Bless! ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
It does sound like your boyfriend has a ghost in his apartment. Did any paranormal things happen at your boyfriend's apartment before you started dating? Have you had any paranormal experiences before your boyfriend's apartment occurrences? Is the apartment building old? My ex-boyfriend's Father lived in an old apartment building that was build in the 1920's. It looked like a two story house from the front of the building but there were actually four apartments. Two upstairs and two downstairs. Everyone experienced seeing this man that had this glowing green color about him. I myself never saw him when I had been there but I also was not there all of the time either. It also could be the property. You and your boyfriend should research the building and the property's history. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
It sounds like whatever it is that is in that apartment doesn't want the two of you there. Have either of you ever tried to talk to it? Sometimes if you politely ask them to go away to some place better, and that it is not their home but yours, they will leave you alone. At least that's what I have been told. I hope that you and your boyfriend find peace. Thank you for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: