You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granddad Saved her Life

Real Ghost Stories

Granddad Saved her Life

 

Now you all know from my other story Message from my father that my granddad's still here with us and wants to help us. It all happened probably a month after my granddad passed away. My uncle's wife, his daughter-in-law woke up shouting. My granny and her kids ran to her room asking what happened. She said she had a dream about my granddad.

She was in the kitchen cooking when suddenly fire caught her saree. She tried her best to stop the fire, like pouring water, etc. But nothing worked. The fire was spreading all over her, she said that it felt so real.

Suddenly my granddad came and just grabbed the fire. She hugged him and thanked him for saving her. He said that he was proud to have her as a daughter-in-law and that she was doing a good job on looking after the family (after my granddad's death, my granny went a bit bitter and shouted at everyone for no reason at all. She used to say to my aunty that she's doing a lousy job on looking after the kids. But she didn't mean it).

A few weeks had passed and my aunty made sure she didn't go in the kitchen alone. One day I came over after school to her house just to see my cousins. They were still at school so I decided to help my aunty while I waited for them.

Someone knocked on the door so I went to answer it. It was her daughter and son. We were just talking when we heard her scream. We ran to the kitchen and saw she was on the floor half her saree burnt. She told us that her saree caught the fire from the cooker. She also said that she smelt arabian perfume. I looked through the window and saw someone was standing there. I got out but the person vanished. I opened the garden door but there was no-one there.

The funny thing was I had a dream a few days ago seeing my granddad in my aunty's garden waving goodbye to me. When I opened the garden door he vanished, but I looked ahead and saw the scooter he used to ride was going up the street.

Thanks for reading there will be more soon! Seeya!

Other hauntings by Ambu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ambu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
That is kind of wiered I must admit but is a nice story, I mean no one got hurt. Thanks for telling us about it and hope you have more stories soon. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Your Granddad seems to have saved your aunt twice. Once in the dream then again in her remembrance of the same dream. Amazingly, she was not seriously hurt. Thank goodness. Prophetic dreams throw me, I am not sure how much stock to put in them as they usually appear to be vague and/or random, but this one was right on spot. Thank you for sharing this with us.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thank God for your Granddad warning your mother about the fire. Luckily, there wasn't something worse that happened because of the fire. Thank you for sharing your story. ~Shelby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thank you for sharng your story. I am so glad that your granddad was able to warn your aunty, preventing her from being harmed and maybe killed.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: