You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Timeline Of Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Timeline Of Experiences

 

It's roughly around 2001-2002, and I was about 5 years old. The odd occurrences began when we moved half an hours drive up north of Bulahdelah, NSW. We went from a small rural town to an even smaller rural town, where we lived roughly 20 minutes on the outskirts of this rural place, in the middle of nowhere.

We visited the property a lot before moving, which started out as an overgrown plot of land at the very, very end of a long dirt road. I used to love visiting, but it wasn't until after construction had finished and the house was finally done that I had odd feelings about the land, and not just the property, but the whole land around the area in general felt off. The bushland was creepy and felt wrong, not to mention dry and dull as if it was devoid of energy. The further down the road you got, the less life seemed to grow, apart from the thick furry trees. It quite literally looked and felt like the kind of bush you'd wind up being murdered in. (Which, funnily enough, the friends I made throughout my years living there all commented at some point on how uneasy they felt down my road as if it was a place to get murdered.)

The first experience I remember after moving in happened just after dinner, I enter my room only to stop dead in my tracks. It just so happened that through the dark out the window was something looking back at me, which I can only describe as a giant black dog. I remember vividly that it was as tall as the window and was leaning so close that it's breath fogged it up. Two front teeth protruded from it's mouth like tusks, had red irises but yellow scleras, deep purple eyelids, drooling so HEAVILY that it looked like a water feature of sorts, and it's whole face looked beyond droopy like a bull dogs. A very big bull dog. I was frozen, I had no idea what in the hell I was looking at here. No facial expression and not a sound came from it, just nothing. Then it blinked, but in slow motion? And that was it, 5 year old me bolted out and down the hallway to mum. I tried to show her but it was just...gone. Mum is by no means a skeptic, but she laughed and brushed it off as a child's overactive imagination. However, the overwhelming feeling of it's presence I had felt told me otherwise.

I never saw it again, but I later learned it was in fact an entity (a friendly one, just a little odd looking) which was connected to meeting someone amazing much, much later in life. Shame I didn't see through the fear as a kid, I stopped being able to look out the window at night, let alone having any blinds open after dark.

Other hauntings by bbqcthulhu

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bbqcthulhu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bbqcthulhu (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-17)
Hey Rex-T! That's exactly where I am referring, and when I was about 5 years old we moved to Nabiac. And no wonder, I bet the police were jealous.:P

Oh certainly, Nabiac has come a long way since we first moved, like, it has a foodworks now at least lmao, but even now it's still in the middle of nowhere. Good business for murderers though I suppose.

And it was a shame. Even the most absolutely terrifying cease to appear so scary with a wagging tail.:)
And to answer babygoatpuller, when I first met my partner, we were talking about our odd experiences when he happened to bring up about playing with a giant dog-like entity when he was little, even describing it to be exactly how I remembered seeing what I had. That was the second and last time (so far) that I have seen it, just after explaining to him about my childhood experience, we both saw it, same features and all. It was... Beyond amazing to experience.

I haven't been on this site in such a while, being that I've been trying to apply for rentals in Ballarat! I'll have to post Timeline3 so as not to keep you waiting!:)

I've never actually read any of his books, however I did get the idea for this url after one time dreaming about fighting against cthulhu itself, and then barbecuing it lmao. 😁
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
I'm with lady-glow and Rex bbqcthulhu. What else happened!? Please do tell what the "friendly entity" was.

Welcome to the club!
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
Hi bbqcthulhu, I'm Rex-T and a resident of Sydney.

If you are referring to the town of Bulahdelah, west of Port Stephens and the Myall Lakes system, I know it well. In the 70's, we would always get pulled over by the Police to check out my mate's car (Ford Mustang).

30 minutes up the highway and you would be getting close to the mountain and definitely in 'the middle of nowhere'.

It is a shame that the big puppy didn't wag it's tail to let you know it was a friend.

Like lady-glow, I'd like to read about part 2. The first sentence of your last paragraph is intriguing.

One last question. Hmm 'Cthulhu', have you every read any of H.P. Lovecraft's stories?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
Please tell me there's a second part to this story... It ends just when it was starting to get good!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: