You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Tandra

Real Ghost Stories

Tandra

 

To introduce I am having many unexpected and unexplained experience since my childhood. I have tried to chase every answer I could get. I would like to share a recent experience with YGS. I am learning the paranormal from the West as well as Vedic as well as Tantric Indian and corresponding texts.

I would like to share an experience I had in my own house.

2014 I returned from Kochi to Mumbai I was having a tough time catching up with my daily routine. My Grandmother was ill and was on respirator, as good as being on her death bed. I haven't shared the experience with any one apart from my trusted people who have known the other side and helped me overcome the situation.

One evening I felt drowsy and I decided to lie down for sometime. After a while I felt a jerk in my spine and everything went numb (some people call it sleep paralysis) we call it tandra in sanskrit it's a state similar to OBE. What I saw in this state was very much disturbing. It was like I am walking to my Grandmother's room and pushed her door, to my astonishment I saw a girl combing her hair, one women dressing up in a saree, two women watching TV, and a mother suckling her baby. Trust me it seemed so real that I was taken aback until my mom returned from her work and waked me. 1 month after my Grandmom died lung fibrosis vomiting blood. To conclude I think that my Grandmother was taken over by an entity more powerful as I can recall that those days were kind of dark for us and full of disputes. And I pray to the lord that no one should experience such thing.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anjaneya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-08)
I know there are many religions and belief systems present in India and I am sure there are many more that once were but are not any longer. Seems to me like something from one of them might have something to say about the vision of the women you saw tending to your grandmother. To me they don't seem negative at all and I don't think I see how they could be indicative of a possession -but that may simply be my ignorance of the cultural significance of certain visions. In my interpretation they seem far more like entities sent to give comfort -woman to woman- in your grandmother's last days - perhaps even to ease her transition from one side to the next.
tace (37 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-06)
I'm sorry for your loss of your grandmother. Times like this make a lot of stress for families.
Anjaneya (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-05)
Hi Ladyglow, RSA Chick

Thanks for your comments.

It's a game of energy positive or negative doesn't matter. Yes I agree with you that the whole scene looked like 'they' were taking care of my Grandmother. To give an overview she was a teacher in govt. School. She was a fat lady who seldom left her bed after her retirement. Her actions were weird as she neared to her death. She was on oxygen 24x7. She died vomiting blood due to fibrosis of lungs.

I have never shared my experiences with any stranger but me and my brother would see and hear weird stuff in our house. We could hear someone breathing all around the house, someone working in kitchen. My brother use to sleep alone when I was away for work he use to see a certain lady peeping from behind the shades at night. I passed several sleepless nights even weird afternoons. That time was gloomy and dark. When I said I think she was overtaken by an unknown entity, I would like to narrate a certain incident. Once my uncle visited his mother (Grandmother) to check her health he asked her to blow a spirometer. She did it for few seconds and went cold and breathless for about 3 mins, as good as dead. My brother was there, panicked he slapped her few times to regain her consciousness. She reviewed but her behavior changed.

[at] RSA Chick/ Ladyglow If you want to know more please let me know. I will share my personal id.

Sorry if I have bored you or if I have not answered your particular question.
Please feel free to ask any questions
Thank You
Jai ShriRam

Regards

Anjaneya
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-31)
Welcome to YGS.

Anjaneya - that's an intriguing experience though, in my opinion, it seems more like all those women were taking care of your Grandmother.

Have you talked about this 'dream' with some of the family members on your Grandma's side? Have you seen any photos of deceased women related to her? - I wonder if you would recognize any of the women from this vision as relatives. Are you aware of any female relative passing away during child birth?

Would it be possible that the stress of watching your Grandma slipping away and being unable to help her was the cause for your family's arguments?

When you say "...I think that my Grandmother was taken over by an entity more powerful..." Do you mean you are afraid her soul didn't go to a place or rest but was taken by something negative? Was she a religious/spiritual person?

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope my questions are not offensive.

Thanks for sharing.
RSAChick (115 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-31)
Hi Anjaneya,
Sorry for the loss of your granny and your family's difficult times.
Besides your dream/vision in your grandmother's room, was there anything else that happened that made you think she was taken over by an entity?
And what did your "trusted people who have known the other side" do to help you overcome the situation?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: