You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Toddler Terrors

Real Ghost Stories

Toddler Terrors

 

So this is my first story I've posted on here and I'm really intrigued on what you all think.

I've recently moved into a two bedroom flat with my two young sons, my oldest is 3 years old and he's always been a very caring and sensitive little lad, but recently we've had a few things that have made him frightened to be in a room on his own. The first thing that happened was one really hot day I decided to take the boys to our local swimming baths, I needed my bank card so I could get my money for the trip but it wasn't in my purse and I am 1000% positive it was in my purse that I keep out of reach of little fingers!

I'd been searching for the past hour until I finally gave up and rang my bank for a new card and good old dad lent me the money to take my boys swimming. We had a brilliant time! When we got back it was pretty late so I got the boys dinner, bathed them, and tucked them up in bed and they seemed to settle down easily.

It was about 3am and my three year old woke absolutely screaming in fear, being the protective momma bear I am, as my friends call me, I ran into their room armed with a bat and there stood next to his bed was an old man, an evil frail old man. He was wearing a top hat and a suit but his eyes was just black like nothing was there, he had this awful smile that made his mouth go from ear to ear, but he was just stood there smirking at my son! So I screamed at him to leave and waved around my bat to which he laughed and just disappeared I grabbed my two boys and went straight to my dad's that night!

The next day my son started talking about a "mookie" and how evil he was and yet non of us have ever heard or used the phrase mookie and he can pronounce monkey fine we don't know where his sudden phrase that he still says to this day has came from.

My mum stayed with the boys and me and my dad went back to my flat to check it out and make sure everything was safe and all seemed well but I had a sudden urge to look under my pillow and there under my pillow was my bank card but also something that frightened the life out of me and still does to this day, there next to my bank card was a knife that wasn't there the night before!

Thanks for reading guys but if you have any suggestions on what I can do please feel free to tell me. I have more ghost stories about this place that I'll upload shortly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nicky22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-14)
Just a thought. In"Children-eese", Mookie could just be an attempt to say "Spooky". Three year olds sometimes revert to Baby Talk when they are tired or scared...

Mother of Beagles
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-10)
Tweed, just read your comment, and got curious. (Note: do not go on urbandictionary. It is great for slang, but... Wow! Is it not safe for work)

Moon King seems likely, especially if Nikky's experience happened soon after seeing the movie.

Did you go to the movies, Nikky?

One thing I did find on urban dictionary recalled a dream a friend had the night before his ordination. Seems the term mookie is also used to refer to people of certain geographic origin and also to demons.

So, there may be the thing?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-09)
Hi Nicky,

About 'Mookie', I've long thought that to be slang for snuggling and just general cuteness. Also assumed that's the idea behind the toy manufacture's name.
So for Mookie to be paired with evilness could possibly be something to take notice of. Or maybe just an active imagination at a really confusing time for everyone.
Also thought Mookie could be an attempt to say 'Moon King', so I did a search for that and found a children's animation titled 'Kubo and the Two Strings'. Moon King is a bad dude in that. There's also a pop music guy recording under the name Moon King. But the cartoon seemed more likely.

There be my suggestions. Thanks for sharing, hope you keep us posted.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-08)
I was researching much along the same lines as Rook! The clown bit does make sense given the nasty fellow's apparel - somewhat in line with a Vaudeville type act or a clown in civies. I am also looking about for any old english slang words for various types of criminals or gangs that could sound similar...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-02-06)
Nicky,

I understand that going from 'non-belief' in the paranormal to 'seeing/experiencing activity' is a major change in your way of thinking but take a deep breath and make sure you are making the right choice when it comes to something like Religion.

You stated...

"I have never been religious always thought it was all nonsense but since all off these activities are happening I'm really questioning my beliefs and I'm also going to talk to him about getting my boys christened!"

Questioning is a good thing... Keeps us on our toes... 😉 But while many can find comfort in Religion its not something to 'jump' headlong into. You can have 'Faith' in a Higher Power without the structure an Organized Church brings... Being a member of one CAN get you quicker results for things like the blessings of homes or even talks with the Minister or Priest. But just joining the first one that says they will help you OR returning to the one you 'drifted' away from may not be the 'best' choice.

Faith plays a LARGE part in how much our beliefs can protect us. It helps to create that barrier between us and those things we feel may harm us... Especially 'unseen' things. So just 'jumping into' a Church may not have ALL the benefits you hope for... Over time as your Faith grows, the more 'Blessings' you receive. But it starts with real, honest Faith in the 'teachings' and most Churches have pretty different ways of 'believing' in the same thing.

I am not trying to scare you away from A Church or particular Faith or Belief system, heck I am a Priesthood holder for my chosen Faith so far be it from me to 'nay say' you. All I am asking is for you to take a deep breath, ASK for Guidance and see what Inspiration you may receive on your own.

Everyone must walk their own Path, some find comfort in groups of people that think like them, others walk a solo path... But Truth is Truth, Goodness is Goodness and WRONG well is just WRONG. If all you have Faith in is some basic beliefs that allow for large groups of people to live together with Trust and in Harmony one with another, well that's all your really need.

I still recommend Cleansing and Shielding, open your home, exchange the atmosphere and energy in it. Then fill it with love for your Family. Please keep us updated.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nicky22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-03)
Thank you guys for commenting back! We didn't go to any circus because as it turns out I'm actually petrified of clowns.

And we've heard of the toy manufacturers but my little boy doesn't actually have any of those toys.

My job hasn't been cut off but for the last two weeks now I've had to be off sick because I fell off a ladder at work while holding a huge spanner (not the best idea I know) but as I fell I landed on my back and the spanner landed on me so now my backs in pain.

When we go threw the months where it's active it honestly can be more positive but then we get bad things also occurring

I've got a meeting soon with my local priest this weekend to talk about it. I feel awful thought because before this I have never been religious always thought it was all nonsense but since all off these activities are happening I'm really questioning my beliefs and I'm also going to talk to him about getting my boys christened!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Just to make sure...

"Mookie" is pronounced as it's spelled (Moo-Key) correct?

Still may have to due with someone's name or nickname.

Has your employment been threatened recently... Like soon after this incident? I ask because I am 'seeing/feeling' the card and knife in more of a symbolic manner than a direct threat to you... Perhaps a warning about your 'funds' being 'cut' off or something along those lines?

I think each experience should be examined on its own and not 'read into' as a whole.

Your home very active... Is the overall feeling in the home positive or negative? What about each experience? Are there more 'positive' or 'indifferent' experiences or are most of them 'negative feeling' in nature?

There also seems to be a 'cycle' it follows... This may have something to do with the history of the area you live in or more to the point... The home you live in. Time for research.

I still recommend Cleansing and Shielding... Or a Priest Blessing... Or what ever you feel helps you push away negativity and attract positive energy.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Nicky22, I know you didn't intend to scare any of us. Just that events did.

After reading your responses, I did a bit of quick research. There is no creature in any culture's mythos named Mookie/Mooky. But, I did find two interesting things, both UK based.

Mooky the Clown, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooky_the_Clown, a performer with the Blackpool Circus. (Clowns are scary in their own right.) Did you folks go to the circus around the time of these events?

There is also a toy manufacturer, Mookie Toys, https://www.mookie.co.uk/. I think we can rule them out entirely.
Nicky22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Hey guys! Sorry I scared some of you. I'll answer your questions in this comment! Ok so the first one is I didn't notice anything other than my bank card was missing so I guess I didn't notice the knife because my mind was somewhere else. The knife that was under my pillow was a butcher knife which I suppose scared me more because of how sharp it was. I did go to sleep and my son woke me up screaming and being a single mum I guess I am more paranoid when things go bump in the night but both me and my son saw that thing that night, we had a few things happen before this incident but nothing to make me think this is serious but it seems now things are slowly going threw stages where for a couple of months nothing then for another couple of months it can be awful for us. "Mookie" as far as I'm away means nothing to do with culture or our neighbourhood and my son has only just started saying it since this incident. What worry's me is as I've said I'm a single mum and I am going threw some financial difficulties and I also work a lot I mean my kids never go without but it can be a struggle for me personally and I feel like whatever he was picked my bank card and a knife as a sign of my weakness if that makes sense? As far as I'm aware from what I've heard from other people is my village I live in my is quite haunted but I've never really got to find out how and why?
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Scary. Did you notice the knife missing too? Were both items missing that day?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Nicky, as I read this it is not quite 9 AM my time. And I am going to stay up all night because of your tale!

I have the same questions as the most wise Rook, so I'll wait to read what you have to answer.

And I shall offer prayers.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-02-02)
Nicky,

Thanks for sharing... I have some comments AND questions...

First: The case of the missing Bank card...

So many different things may be at play here... Finding where you did and with what you found it with... Pretty much rules out simple 'misplacment'. I wish to address the knife however...

What kind of knife was it? Was it a simple kitchen knife, was it a butcher knife, a bread knife a folding pocket knife? I ask because the type of knife may suggest 'why' it was there with your bank card. I have a feeling it may have been a warning (more on that...)

Second: Why was the bank card returned and placed under your pillow? My gut says it was placed under your pillow as a means for the 'spirit/entity' to remain hidden... Kinda like an adult playing tooth fairy... You lost (I took) something, I am returning it but I do not want you to know it was me.

Had you gone to bed before your son started screaming? If so is it possible that you did not find the bank card and knife before your son woke up screaming? (I ask because my gut is saying... This was a warning, a warning that was not discovered until after the event it was meant to warn about i.e. The man in the top hat (hope that makes sense).

Children in general seem to be more sensitive to 'unseen' things, the younger the greater the sensitivity (that's just my opinion though) Not all are but as a 'general rule' this seems to hold true. So the fact he saw something is not surprising. However the details you provide about what you saw standing there, well those ARE a bit surprising...

"...next to his bed was an old man, an evil frail old man. He was wearing a top hat and a suit but his eyes was just black like nothing was there, he had this awful smile that made his mouth go from ear to ear..."

Overprotective Mama Bear indeed... Is it possible that your mind has filled in some details the more you have thought about this?

Another question: Is this the First 'paranormal experience' in your flat?

What is the history of the 'flat'?

Is the term 'mookie' a local/cultural term for a spirit/entity? Or is it simply a word your son started using to describe what he 'saw' that night?

Is your son scared of this 'mookie'?

Things to do:

Start a Journal: this will help track the details of things happening within your flat.

Historical Research: You may find that 'mookie' is how a name from the Past is pronounced and not just a random 'term' your son started using.

Find a good Cleansing and Shielding method and preform it regularly... I have one posted on my profile but they are easy to find on-line...

Thank you for sharing, please ask any questions you may have and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: