You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Weeping Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Weeping Woman

 

Before I tell you the story, I will tell you who the weeping woman is. In Mexico it's very common to hear about this person. This woman killed her kids many years ago, she drowned them because of depression due to the fact that her husband cheated on her. Since then she has been heard throughout Mexico. She cries walking on empty streets, asking for her kids. I really didn't believe she existed.

It was 2:30 a.m, I was doing my College homework in the living room when all of a sudden I heard this scream from my gate, it was like crying and screaming at the same time, but this scream was like an echo. Before hearing this everything was so quiet, you couldn't even hear the crickets. When I heard it, I instantly got goosebumps, I was so scared. I tried standing up, but I couldn't for a couple of seconds. My heart was beating. This type of scream was like from the Conjuring 2, whenever the nun would come out. That's how I heard it. After some secs I was able to move little by little, as I soon as I was able to move, I ran to my room and just covered my myself with a blanket. Early in the morning I told my family about my experience. They told me "Don't stay up so late next time."

A few weeks later, my brother told me that he had heard her, he was taking a shower at 2:00 a.m when all of a sudden he heard her really close, he heard her three times. He got goosebumps and got out of the shower right away. People say that if you hear her close it means that she's far, and if hear her far away it means she is pretty close. She has been heard throughout Mexico. In some states. Especially those who live by a river and a in a small village. Those who stay up very late on a quiet night might hear her. But I don't want to hear her again. Never again...

Other hauntings by JoeEspinoza

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoeEspinoza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elizabeth62 (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-06)
I believe that La Llorna is real. A cougar can make cries of a woman or child screaming and also a whistle to get your attention. I have heard of the sounds many times. One night a cougar heard my new baby granddaughter crying and came up to the window looked in and cried back. Needless to say my daughter grabbed her baby and we ran into my room and stayed where my gun was at until morning.
I am glad that you and your brother are safe.
Blessings Elizabeth.
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
Lady-Glow, people assume that it was her. Because they have seen a lady in a white gown walking around that are some have seen her vanish in to thin air. My story didn't take place in Huehuetan. It took place in San Agustin, a very quiet place. Huehuetan does have a lot of fauna. You don't hear nor see parrots where I live. They've taken the kid to the doctor. But he hasn't been cured. The story my uncle told me happened many years ago. Like 15 years ago. By the way. The story is in Chiapas, Mexico. I was raised many years in Colorado. But now I live in Mexico.
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
Jubeele, I know it's really hard for you guys to believe stuff like this. I totally understand. They've taken to boy to the Doctor. He just doesn't talk anymore. Seems like he's always shocked. People from around the area say that it probably had to do with the super natural. That's all I know, I'm just telling you guys what my uncle told me. People have seen the weeping woman. And those who have seen her in Mexico end up traumatized. Here in my culture you don't want to see her. If she appears you don't look out the window. You have to be raised in Mexico in order to understand that. I'm not trying to offend. I'm here to share true stories. There are so many super natural things that occur in Mexico.
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
Joe, I mean no offence, but like lady-glow, when you mentioned this boy from the coffee plantation, I also wondered if it could have been an actual event that has traumatised him (rather than a paranormal cause). I'm quite concerned that a child was left alone and then found in such a state. I do hope that your uncle's friend or someone duly saw to to his care afterwards. 😟

It's a pity your brother was too frightened to look out the window when he also heard the screaming. He could've helped solve the mystery of the weeping woman. Or become a hero by reporting an incident to Crimestoppers (or its equivalent in Mexico)... 🤔
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
Joe - Did the events you're talking about happen in Huehuetan?
I'm asking because that's the location for one of your previous stories.
If so, and knowing the richness of the flora and fauna of that region, it's hard to discard the possibility of a bird or some other animal making the crying sound.
Perhaps a 'loro huasteco' (a talking parrot)?

I don't want to imply anything and, please forgive me if what I'm going to say might look improper, but:

" My uncle's friend was working at this coffee plantation. He told his kid to wait for him because he had forgotten something. When he came back, the kid looked scared, pailed and since then he never has been the same. People from around the area say that the weeping woman took the kid's soul away."

Did the boy ever say what happened during the time he had to wait for his father?
Before assuming the poor boy's soul was 'stolen' by a ghost, it would be a good idea to take the kid to a therapist; God forbid, he had to face a traumatic experience not paranormal in nature... Something that he might be afraid/ashamed to talk about.

Lastly, I'm curious about where you live, is it in Colorado as established in your profile or do you still live in Mexico?
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Jubeele, we don't have those type of birds here where I live. Nor do we have foxes. My parents told me that it's not common to hear lechuzas, but sometimes you do, but it's rare though, but if you do hear one flying close to you then a close relative is going to die. My uncle has heard the lechuza before and the weeping woman. He says that they sound way different. Yeees, we got really frightened. Since then, I don't stay up that late anymore. People have heard the weeping woman throughout Mexico. It's common in very quiet rural places. People have seen her. There's a sad story. My uncle's friend was working at this coffee plantation. He told his kid to wait for him because he had forgotten something. When he came back, the kid looked scared, pailed and since then he never has been the same. People from around the area say that the weeping woman took the kid's soul away. It's scary to think that though, but like you said, the good thing is that didn't get harmed 😊. That was the good thing!
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Lady-glow, that's a myth that she says "Ayyy mis hijos", she just screams like crying. My uncle has told me scary stories. This one time my uncle was about to go to sleep with his wife and he clearly heard her the weeping woman crying right outside the door. They waited a couple of minutes and then opened the door. No one was there. My uncle's friend saw her crying once from far away and literally saw her vanish into thin air...
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
CuriousDee, we don't have foxes in our area. I believe it was definitely supernatural. Before hearing it, you couldn't hear anything. It was really really silent. I heard it very loud next to my gate, it sounded like an echo but a frightening scream. My brother heard her screaming walking down a hill weeks after but he was so frightened to look out the window. Trust me, when you hear that scream, it's not a normal one. You get goosebumps and your body feels so weird.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Jubeele beat me to mentioning the fox as a possibility for what you heard. I don't know if they are native to your area, but worth checking out. An animal or perhaps someone outside could be the source of the sound.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Ayyy, mis hiijoooos! - The scream all Mexicans are afraid to hear during the night. 😨

Did you or your brother check if someone was being robbed/assaulted or victimized in any other violent way? If not a person even an animal could have screamed in the middle of the night.

It's interesting how an specter as frightening as "La Llorona" could had been the muse for a lovely song.
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Hi Joe, your weeping woman reminds me of the White Lady legend that is known in many parts of the world:
Https://exemplore.com/paranormal/The-Woman-in-White-A-Legend

I'm sorry you and your brother had such a fright. But have you considered that maybe you could have heard some night bird (e.g. Some species of owl) with an unusual bird call? Some birds like parrots have the ability to mimic many sounds. Other animals have been known to sound like women or babies crying, like the Gray Catbird:
Http://lansingwbu.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/bird-that-sounds-like-baby-crying.html

Amazingly, foxes can also sound like screaming women:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-42P_iYrthM

As a matter of interest, I found this legend of the Lechuza. She's supposed to be a bird-monster witch who makes this whistling or baby crying sound. Makes me think of the Greek Harpy or the banshee. I wonder if they were originally inspired by bird or animal cries: 😨
Http://thedemoniacal.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/lechuza.html

The important thing is that you came to no harm. That's what you should remember. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: