You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost in my Ancestral House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost in my Ancestral House

 

Our ancestral house is located in Malolos, Bulacan. It is the seat of the first congress of the Philippine Revolutionary Government of Gen. Aguinaldo during the revolution against the Spanish Government. And our ancestral house is obviously one of the oldest in our city. Currently, the city government has proclaimed that our house is one of the last surviving old house that has retained its original structure in our municipality.

Let me tell you one of my ghostly experience in this house. When I was 12yrs old, my family came to visit my grandmothers house during summer. One summer day, my father is tending the garden, my mom is with my aunt and with yaya doing the laundry under the stairs of our azotea (balcony). My two sibling were already playing at the garden. I over slept and woke up late that day at about 9:45am.

I proceeded to the long table where there are some breakfast left overs. So I grab a chair and started eating tocilog (fried garlic rice, sunny-side eggs and a tocino). While I was eating, somebody just passed by at my back. She walks so slow and without a noise just like my aunt. The vision in my peripherals shows a white blurry female figure and she just passed by behind me. Thinking it was my aunt, I asked to be served vinegar "auntie can you give me some vinegar, please?". She didn't answered so I glanced to where she came from until I am facing the direction of the big sala (living room).

To my surprise, nobody was there and I am virtually alone. I felt chilly air at that moment and strands of hair at the back of my neck all stood up. I remember that I left the table, run towards the balcony and went downstairs stepping 2 or 3 steps at a time and shouting "may multo! May multo!"(there's a ghost! There's a ghost!). And there I saw my aunt doing laundry with my mom and yaya.

It was comical and yet spooky. That is my first encounter with the ghost who is residing in our ancestral house. It is believed that that is the ghost of an old woman that has been adopted by my grandparents. She is said to have no known relatives so my grandparents took her and made her yaya for my father, my uncle and my aunt when they were still small. My father told me that she died in our house in her quarters because of old age.

Other hauntings by rumpoint

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rumpoint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Can't blame year you for running:) Although such houses are what I dream of owning and living in on one day. Bahay na batos from Tarlac, Bulacan and Pampanga are just beautiful. Of course they usually come with spirits in tow.
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
spooky! Yeah... I guess its true... I think all ancestral homes are haunted... And that actually makes it even more exciting and makes you look forward to every reunion 😁
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Thanks nairb_cool. Oh yes, I am very well familiar of the house called the red house "bahay na pula". It is located in San Miguel, Bulacan just along the highway going to Nueva Ecija.
nairb_cool (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
good story rumpoint, a vintage house or ancestral is the favorite places of the ghost to dwell on, maybe you're very familiar about Bahay na Pula located also in bulacan.
nich (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
Hi rumpoint! I agree to whitebuffalo. Even at the other side, she does not forget the kindness your grandparents showed her. Ancestral homes are most likely to be haunted, same to our ancestral home in Iloilo city, phil. Ugh, not just white spirits we also have black! And not just a couple, sometimes you can see 5 of them at the same time. One going up the stairs, the other in the kitchen, one will pass in front of the tv while you're watching, you'll see someone pass by the window,etc. I just got used to all of them. As far as I know, we had 3 different groups of ghosts resides in our ancestral home. Bad, good and those who don't mind or don't bother at all.

Anyways, thank you! Takecare...
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi rumpoint. Your story was very interesting, thanks for sharing. It seems that your father has a pretty good handle on what is going on. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Wow, rumpoint, it would sound as if the kindness of your grandparents in having brought this woman in to be a ya-ya to your father is not forgotten. It sounds as if she is still at work and helping out where she can. How wonderful that love does not have to come from blood always, but that it could also begin with a simple act of kindness.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: