You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Unfinished Messege?

Real Ghost Stories

An Unfinished Messege?

 

My dad downloaded an Echovox app on his phone and within the first 30 minutes or so I heard my name followed by what sounded to me and my dad as "don't give up on" I never heard the rest as my mum called my dad interrupting whatever it was saying. At first, I dismissed the app thinking it a fake one (my name being a very very common and popular one) and ignoring what was said, until I noticed an odd tapping/clicking sound following me.

I have been dismissing the noise for about 3 years now, as I use to stay in the room with the boiler cupboard in. Blaming it on the timer or the pipes. After a while of this noise, I moved rooms hoping to leave it behind and sleep undisturbed but it followed me, again I dismissed it and tried my best to ignore it. After a week the noise became steadily louder and more persistent and I began freaking out, complaining to my parents about it, who just told me to ignore it.

Recently I have moved house believing I would leave it behind only to wake up to this noise. It is now a rather annoying constant in my life. No matter how hard I try I can never pinpoint its location and it's driving me insane. I know it's not just me because my dad has noticed it now too.

I tried reusing the app but so far all I'm getting is static and noise mixed in with the occasional words here and there.

I would blame bugs or something else but the dog goes nuts when the tapping happens, she starts running around the house going back and forth from the bedrooms upstairs to the kitchen and back again tearing up the carpets as she goes.

Anyone know what's happening and how I can stop it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nauthiz-Isa-Uruz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nauthiz-Isa-Uruz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
hi, sorry I haven't responded to your comments on my story, I am still trying to figure this site out. Thanks for the help, I will try some of your suggestions and see if any work. To dollyslaffn, no the clicks are not in rapid sequence just continuous, I know morse code so I can say with certainty it isn't that, thanks anyway.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-07)
I may not be a majority opinion here, but maybe the thing that is following you could be a guardian spirit, which is trying to convey something to you and your family, it could be a trying to aware you about something, cause spirits of the parallel realm are capable of percieving past and future events, else it could be some lonesome spirit seeking help from the living to move on to the apparent realm, but something is keeping it attached. And after being repeatedly ignored it is trying to be noticed by you, else that message was trying to warn you about a evil spirit attack. I didn't meant to frighten you but I think you should better consult a psychic experienced in such cases. And I apologize if any of my words have troubled you,

Regards
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
Like Augusta and DirtCreature, my heart goes out to you! Nobody deserves to be tormented like this. Yeah sure, you might get used to the sound over time but you stated that the noise is getting louder, more persistent and has been happening for 3 years.

Have you kept a journal of events, date, time, where and even weather over the last few years? If you haven't, it may help you put things in logical order and start recognizing patterns - in other words, understand what/how this is happening. You've already indicated that the likely origin was hearing the Echovox app, that the sound has followed you to different places, yet your father has heard the sound and the dog's reaction may confirm this.

From a logical perspective, I've got to ask you if you have had a health and hearing checkup with your doctor? Please don't take offense but this step (at least) might quickly rule in/or out one cause, no matter if the facts point in another direction.

I hope that our inputs bring you closer to understanding why this is happening to you and therefore closer to a solution. There is still a hope that another poster has experienced a similar problem and provide an answer.

Please keep us all posted and I love the runes.

Regards
Rex-T
dollyslaffn (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
are the clicks in a rapid sequence? If so, record them and find someone who can read Morse code. That's what it sounds like it may be, someone trying to communicate in an antique fashion.
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-02)
My heart breaks every time a submission comes in from someone being tormented by an experience.

It is so strange to think this noise is following you after moving. But, I believe it would be worth checking out.

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/lifehacker.com/strange-house-noises-explained-and-how-to-fix-them-1569420462/amp

I am not an expert in matters concerning house noises. Even if you do have a ghost, the noises you are hearing could be unrelated. Getting your home inspected should be your first line of business.

At night, we tend to take notice of house noises more. Try to keep a calm mind and assess the problem. Animals can become startled by noises or can smell animals. Perhaps squirrels or rodents have found their way in.

Thank you for sharing and keep us updated on your findings! Good luck!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-02)
Though differing in type of sound - your experience reminded me of the Unsolved Mysteries segment on the Taos Hum (http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/E.L.F.). Sadly, there were no enlightening "Updates" on this particular segment- still quite unsolved.

Have you tried meditation? Or maybe try to get a recording of the sound and see if you can pick out anything more from the sounds when amplified. An EVP session could be folded in with that experiment.

Keep us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: