You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Astral Projection And Mom's Message

Real Ghost Stories

Astral Projection And Mom's Message

 

First, a big thank you to Miracles for the help and encouragement regarding sharing this experience. This isn't a typical ghost story, but I hope you'll find it interesting regardless...

A little background; I started astral projecting almost 5 years ago. The first time it happened was completely spontaneous (as were the following 2-3 times after this). Definitely mind blowing stuff. I remember the first time it happened, I thought "Oh my God, it's real! This is amazing!". I don't know why, but I knew exactly what was happening while it happened. I had no fear. I had previously thought that out of body/astral projection experiences were not real and bogus stories. Boy, was I (thankfully) wrong. Since then, I've gotten a tiny bit better at control and initiation. However, I am not an expert by any means and wish I could initiate it more frequently. Many of my experiences have been short and sometimes hazy (difficulty with vision). However, I have had some beautiful, very clear and personal experiences that have further cemented my belief in the existence of life after death.

This experience took place 2 years ago, in 2016. I intentionally went out of body and immediately entered what I would describe as some type of warehouse. I walked down a hall to investigate, turned a corner and saw my mother standing there. My mother passed away almost 17 years ago (in November). I've encountered her a few times while "out" and our interactions are usually brief with lots of hugs and her reassurances that she is with me and loves me (I am very lucky).

This time, I immediately asked her if the voice I had heard (it sounded like grumbling) while exiting my body was George (George is what we nicknamed the spirit/ghost in the house I grew up in. I have mentioned him in previous stories on this site). I don't know why I asked that. After I had asked if it was George, she made this "Mmmmmmm" sound as if she debated on telling me. I asked again and she said "Listen, pay attention. You need to remember 50 10". I asked what that meant. She replied, "Just remember, 50 10. Pay attention. Something will happen next week and you will know what it means". That was it. I was back in my body, awake, trying to figure out what that meant. It nagged at me, so I called my father and explained everything. He does believe me as far as my AP experiences, but has a hard time understanding it. I don't blame him.:)

He wondered if maybe, it had to do with the date of May 10th (50= May, 5th month, after taking away the 0 and 10 as in the 10th day). I do understand the confusion as far as 50 equaling May, but can't explain why it was related this way. This took place on May 5th or 6th. I thought, maybe, but it seemed too easy, right? So after brainstorming on it for awhile, I figured when the time came, I would know what 50 10 meant.

Fast forward a few days later. My cousin, who I'm very close to (we are 4 months apart) called uncontrollably crying, trying to speak. Finally, I understand her. She was saying "He's gone! He's gone! My brother is gone, he's dead!" For privacy reasons, I will call him Ray. Obviously I was shocked; her brother was 31 years old, his death was sudden and a total surprise. I jumped in the car to go to her house and be with her. While driving, it hit me: The date was May 10th. I called my father to deliver the sad news and to start rallying the family together. Then I said "Dad, it's May 10th". He said "Oh my God. It is! It was true!" To this day, I'm still flabbergasted over this. It's hard to imagine my mother giving me a piece of information this serious. One more thing that happened just prior to her phone call; my left ear started ringing (very loud and high pitched). I remember I stopped what I was doing and felt uneasy. I don't know if it's connected, but thought it worth mentioning.

The only thing I could and can think of is that I was given a sort of "heads up" message regarding Ray's death. I know it seems too crazy to be true. My reasoning is this: Our family was not meant to intervene, but to understand that family on the other side was expecting him and for some reason it was meant to be. That thought has comforted me since it happened and gave me the strength to help with the arrangements and support his siblings and father (Ray's mother, my mother's sister, also passed away, about 6 years ago).

I can tell you, this incident was very clear. No haziness, trouble seeing or hearing. Any input, thoughts or similar experiences are appreciated. Thank you so much!

Other hauntings by CuriousDee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CuriousDee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-01)
Dee,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have. I will do my best to see answer them.

Respectfully,

Rook
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
AubreyL,

I'm pretty certain my sanity is intact... Well, almost certain 😊 I guess it was my time to 'go to another plane of existence' because it happened quite unexpectedly. In my opinion, it is pretty cool, but not because someone told me it was. Thanks for the concern, but I'm ok with it. 😊
AubreyL (2 posts)
-4
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Please realize that the Astral World is just a duplicated reflection of the real world you are in right now on the physical plane. What is the point? It is not proof of a life after death, but proof that you can remain aware while dreaming, you have a wonderful imagination, and good self control at best. You are in the exact same place as where you left your sleeping body in the physical reality/realm of this world, experiencing a reflection of it in your mind seemingly outside your body. There is nothing to gain, but a lot to lose, like your sanity and the pure enjoyment of where you are now. Don't mess with it because you are told its cool, or whatever, and at the expense of your precious mind/soul. Stay in the reality/realm where you find yourself, and where for now, you live and belong. If and when you should go to or through the other planes of existence, then and only then is it right and best for you to do so.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-21)
Rook,

Thank you, I appreciate the help. I'll add it to my list. I just purchased 'Astral Dynamics' by Robert Bruce and have yet to start it as life has been busy.

I was wondering if I could email you regarding your experiences with OBE and helping others in a similar fashion? It's in regards to the resident spirit (s) in my childhood home. Honestly, it's not something I want to attempt (probably because it hits too close to home). If not, I understand, no worries.

Again, thanks for the suggestion, I'm always looking to improve my techniques.

All the best,
Dee
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-20)
A final chime in from me...

This book is the one I learned how to 'project' with.

LLEWELLYN PRACTICAL GUIDE TO ASTRAL PROJECTION by Denning & Phillips

The methods are explained in an easy to understand manner and I fund them easy to follow. Perhaps it could help you fine tune your A/Ping.

Respectfully,

Rook
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-18)
Daz,

Interesting stuff. I'm sure some scientists are scratching their heads trying to 'prove' NDE, AP, OBE, etc. I can understand the fascination, I myself am still fascinated, but if there isn't any solid proof found, I'm ok with that. I've read many theories, including the one that states we are just 'dreaming' that we are out of body. If one projects consciously, with intent and is aware throughout the process, I highly doubt it's a dream.

I believe our consciousness or higher self is able to separate from the physical body. I believe we do this as we sleep too, but with little to no recall.

Frequency... Yes, I think when we are meditating, attempting AP, etc we are actually changing our frequency to be 'in tune' with another plane or dimension (whatever you believe in). Sometimes, during the separation process, I hear voices or conversations, random sounds, static, etc. It literally feels as though you have to 'tune in' to understand what the sounds or words are. I believe it can be both... We are leaving our body and tuning into or are adjusting to a different frequency.

The theory of sending a command to our higher self, which then creates the illusion of leaving the body... I can understand the thought process behind it, but it doesn't explain spontaneous projection/obe. My first time was spontaneous. I had come across the terms AP & OBE, but honestly thought it was all nonsense and promptly disregarded it. So basically, I couldn't have sent a command to my higher self, nor was I meditating at the time. It's a bit mindboggling as far as why it happened that way (though I have a few theory's) but I'm happy it happened.

❤ Dee
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Dee,

The process is probably different for everyone and it does sound like you are projecting yourself into a state of super consciousness, I have wondered in more recent times if we even really do leave the body or whether it's more of a case of just changing our frequency? There are some theoretical physicist who claim, mind don't belong to body, body belongs to mind and this would explain how we survive death IMO... Some even claim our reality is a hologram.

Bruce lipton a professor of biology states we have 56 trillion cells each with their own receptors. He believes our physical selves are just receiving a signal from a source of which would be spirit... So if you meditate a command back to your higher self it probably gives you the illusion of leaving the body or jumping into a state of super consciousness from a dream state when in reality, it's just switching your frequency via opening up a door to the 4th dimension or even allowing you to experience yourself from the outside looking in, in 3d land. If I had a dollar for every time I did that.

Still a theory I guess however the double slit experiment does point out in my view consciousness is at the fundamental base of all existence and matter comes after we are all connected as one of which would explain how a psychic can read a mind of another person and people act and have a sense of feel on intuition.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Daz,

It sounds like the state of mind or brain waves seen during deep meditation. I am definitely not an expert as far as meditation. I have an A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder) brain. I have a difficult time quieting the mind, yet I'm able to AP. Usually, I'll just let my mind 'go'... I let the random thoughts come and go and before I know it, the window of opportunity opens up to project. So, I think the process is different for everyone. Whatever works for that individual is fine.

I don't think I've met any Master's, but have met guides. I can say that each time I've been out, it felt very real and physical. You can touch your surroundings, feel the grass beneath your feet, etc. My mother's hug is real, I feel her hair against my face... Each time I'm left awestruck and feel pure joy.

Thanks for the clarification 😊
- Dee
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Dee,

You need to be in a deep Delta sleep state, basically off with the fairies and somehow have a moment of concentration to raise your hands" from with in your dream" and look at the back off them...it's one part of the body we don't generally see when we are asleep... It's kind of like self hypnosis... Michael Newton took his subjects down to a theta state of which is not quite as deep although most of his subjects had no memory of what they experienced...

Most masters can meditate themselves into a theta state with their memory intact but generally the armature reaches the beta or alpha state... From the Delta state you basically throw yourself into a level of super consciousness from where your account will be 100 percent physical and usually you will meet your spirit guides.

Before you go to sleep raise your hands up into the air and look at the back off them and concentrate your thoughts on doing the same when you are asleep.

And good luck you may even meet the masters?

Regards Daz
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
For anyone interested in astral projection, I highly recommend William Buhlman's site:

Http://www.astralinfo.org/how-to-guides/

Also, his book: 'Adventures beyond the body'. The site and book helped me tremendously as far as control, what to expect, etc. He describes everything in an easy to understand way.

Dee ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Daz,

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try that out. Can you clarify this, I'm a bit confused; "...looking at the back of your hands... Whilst in a deep sleep". Do you mean while in a meditative state? I haven't projected from a dream, I'm only able to achieve it through a conscious effort. Also, I have success during the day, not nighttime as I end up falling asleep. 😉

I've been surprised several times on who 'comes through'. I've been pretty lucky and honestly in awe as far as that goes. 😊

Dee
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
aussiedaz - Thanks very much for those links, I appreciate it.

Regards, Melda
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Dee,

Seeming you are keen on developing your skills with astral projection, I'll give you a heads up on a technique that should give you a result if you are able to do it with in your own dreamtime...

Try focusing on looking at the back of your hands via lifting them whilst you are in a deep sleep, you'll either wake up or project yourself into a state of super consciousness, I used to do it a lot when I was younger and most of the time I would end up in a state of super consciousness a higher state than what a lucid dream state is.

Not many people can do it, but it will give you an experience similar to astral projection even better and you might get a surprise of who can come through on the other side?

Regards Daz
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Melda,

I am thoroughly enjoying our discussion too! Another Weiss and Newton fan... Love it! Another kindred spirit ❤

All the best,
Dee ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Daz,

No worries at all. I completely understand where you are coming from. You don't sound like a lunatic, on the contrary, I have the utmost respect for you in speaking your truth. I have also come a long way in speaking my own truth and understanding what it means to be a loving, supportive partner. I think relationships in general teach us the most important lessons and provide many opportunities for growth.

I'm just happy to meet another like minded friend who shares similar beliefs. Every time you comment, I smile and think, "That's funny... That's exactly what I believe".

To save time and space, I'll put it this way...
Everything you mentioned in your comments, I know exactly what you mean as I share the same beliefs. I truly feel these beliefs have helped me become a better person and my perspective on life has changed in a profound way. That and of course, developing a relationship with my spirit guides. I cannot put into words how it feels to just know that we are loved and encouraged from an 'unseen team'. I use the term 'spirit team', because I feel it describes the group of spirits that are our cheerleaders; always happy to cheer us on, do their best to help us on our path and loving us no matter what.

All the best,
Dee
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-15)
Thank you Melda,

It gives me great joy in knowing that I recommended a book that has given you some valuable insight, he does have two more books I believe... One of them is Life between Lives and destiny of the soul,

Destiny of the soul http://www.unicusmagazine.com/PDF/Destiny%20of%20Souls%20-%20New%20Case%20Studies%20of%20Life%20Between%20Lives.pdf

Dee,

Reading over my last post I sound like half an idiot rambling on about a mission, etc, but the truth is, a couple of years ago I hurt someone very close to me through being dishonest... In her strength I saw my weaknesses and grew some wisdom at the price of breaking her heart... I made a promise to this person never to talk to anyone outside my friends privately again, so I'm sorry for not being able to take our discussion any further as innocent as I'm sure it would be... I know you're going to understand me here and yes we are kindred spirits.

Our journey is all about growth and the key to enlightenment is identifying your flaws and changing your habit in the motion of life before we return to our spirit guides and masters for our D and M discussions on what did you learn etc etc... Before some downtime and planning on future lives with in our soul groups/ family and friends.

You can't conquer anger without ever being angry, you can't conquer jealously without ever being jealous and you can't fully appreciate self respect until you have lacked some for others. In the mix here are some lesson for myself and I feel a couple of year ago, I had turned a corner after living a life a little less empty based on selfishness. When the masters ask me "what did you learn", I really do believe I have grown up a little through the errors of my path and they should know right?

So again, I'm sorry if you took me the wrong way, you had probably thought you bumped into a lunatic, I just wasn't sure how to explain myself except by just coming out and saying what my truth is.

Regards Daz
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-15)
Dee - What an unbelievably interesting discussion this has become. I'm saving it to my favourites. I too am a huge fan of both Michael Newton and Brian Weiss.

Aussiedaz, in case you read this: You provided the link to Michael Newton's Journey of Souls a few months ago. I downloaded it and printed it. I'm grateful to you!

Regards, Melda
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-15)
Dee,

Yes, I am familiar with Brian Weiss, his work with Catherine was exceptional, she ended up developing her gift to point where she took her dad to the races and picked the card donating the loot to charity of which tells me she's the real deal. A genuine psychic won't profit from their gift and she knew that which tells me she went in pretty deep and that's not a knock on the two bob chump who make a living out of it on a lower level, people need to do what they do to survive. Edgar Cayce was another one who comes to mind that never profited out of his gift, anyway, I'm rambling on a bit here... I will pass on making contact with you on personal grounds and that's nothing against you at all, you seem like a very interesting person and we would have some things in common, it's a long story however a part of my own mission and flaws that I'm working through on my own journey to a greater truth... But who knows, maybe on the other side I'll be able to meet up with you, Ray, A,G and your spirit guides and have a game of dodgeball or hiding go seek as according to mr Newton, 😉 and we can always have a chat here if need be.

Anyway take care mate, all the best to you and your family.

Regards Daz
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Daz,

It's so nice to find a kindred spirit. I see we share many beliefs and are like minded. I had a feeling you are intuitive and you're definitely on track with your thoughts. I love that 'light bulb' moment when we just know a passed loved one has gotten through to us. It's truly exhilarating. 😊

The book you recommended... I've read it. I'm a fan of Michael Newton's; I find his work and what he has learned amazing. I don't know if you've heard of Brian Weiss, but I recommend his books too. They fall into the same category of Michael Newton's.

I absolutely believe Ray, AG, their mother, my mother and many family members belong to the same soul group. There are too many similarities. And I mean big, personal similarities. I've already recognized similar life lessons shared by myself and many of my family members. That's not a coincidence in my book.

If you want, my email is on my profile page, please send me an email and I can go a bit more in depth. Just put YGS somewhere in the subject line. It's up to you, no worries if you aren't able to.

Dee 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Dee,

yep,

It's a little more than coincidence and the message is for A.G, before I read your reply my intuition was telling me she's having a hard time and you can play a key role here in helping her through her pain, your spirit guides have probably pulled me in to your story to let both of you know this...

You, Ray and A.G go back many thousands of years, I sense the three of you are a part of an intermediate soul group of which is quite unique, there are many groups of new souls here on planet earth however they do balance the energy of wisdom out with intermediate and advanced souls... The longer you are here more often is the case of tougher lessons and most likely Ray and A.G have mixed it up many times in different roles from previous lives.

""" (A) u (G) ust (Soul Mates) (" (8) "th month) day 30 plus year 20 x 10 (50.10)... Ray, "Fay" is my mothers first name""" those clever little spirit guides!

Ray's passing was a part of the plan and so too is A.G's pain and I know that's sounds cruel...it's not nice to feel the hurt but she needs to find the strength to push on and let go of it and find the peace with in,"it's all about growth"... If she has had any suicidal thoughts she needs to seek help, but tell her that is not the answer and yes they do watch over us and they are around her all the time, they may not be able to come through like we would want them to, however they can hear us through our thoughts.

She may take comfort in this book online "Journey of the Souls", it's a great read and absolute truth I.M.O

.https://bazaarmodel.net/ftp/Project-C/Soul/JourneyofSouls.pdf

I hope this helps.

Regards Daz.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Daz,

I'm sorry for the delays between my responses; my daughter's high school graduation is very soon and it has been a bit hectic. Exciting, but hectic 😊

When you mentioned August Soul Mates, I remembered that I have read your stories. I'm so happy you have gotten confirmation that your mother and father are still with you and that 'life' goes on after physical death. I wish everyone that has lost a loved one could have the same validation.

I love your mother's sense of humor and it proves to me, that we retain much of our personality. Your personal connections with 50 10 and my use of Ray rhyming with your mother's name are a great example of how loved ones get through to us. It's wonderful that you were able to recognize this as a sign from your mother. You are very much in tune with the other side of the veil.

The letters A and G, the number 8... Ummm... YEA! Definitely makes sense to me. A and G are the first and last initial of my cousin's name. Ray is her brother, their mother is my mother's sister (she is deceased as well). She (AG) is going through something very personal and I'm sure her mother and Ray are around her now. The number 8 has to do with my maiden name. I knew as soon as I read it. I'm thoroughly impressed. You must be very intuitive, if not psychic?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Dee, curiosity got the better of me so I went back through my stories and found this... Day 30, year 2010... (50 10)? August soul mates 3...here's a part of what I wrote.

"The 5th of May 2010 is a day I will never forget. I went to bed about 9:30 pm. Somewhere through the night I was in a deep hypnotic sleep. My mother walked into my room and tapped me three times gently on my shoulder, and then she leaned over and gave me a hug and said:

Mum: Darren, Where's my bed? (I now sleep in her room her bed is in my daughter's room)

Me: It's in your room. (I was in such a deep sleep I thought I was in another room)

Mum: No, you're in my room! (So much like my mother's humor)

Mum: Darren, it's my birthday! (In a calm soothing tone) "

It may just be a coincidence Dee, but it's interesting how you use the name Ray... It rhymes with my mothers name and forgive me mom for almost forgetting about your visit it has been 8 years anyway, just a question for you... Does the letter A or G or even the number 8 have any significance for you, your mother or cousins?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Daz,

I see we share the same beliefs. I absolutely agree with your thoughts on sharing a soul group, the purpose of the head's up, spirit guides, the way time is experienced here in the physical world, etc. 😊 "... It was his time for this life journey and perhaps you three belong to the same soul group"... Yes, it definitely makes sense. I believe everything happens for a reason. I like to imagine when a family member has passed, that they are elated with their 'welcoming party'.

I'm so happy you've experienced a visit from your parent's. You definitely wouldn't be boring me with the details. If you haven't already, maybe consider submitting the story? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to read it.

Very interesting that you made a connection with May 5th. Perhaps it is meant as a sign for you? Signs from loved ones seem to pop up when we least expect it.

Thank you so much for reading and your input. I truly appreciate it. ❤

Dee
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-12)
Dee, I had a visitation both from my mother and father after they crossed over and yes you are right in surmising it was a heads up on your cousins death. It was his time and I think your mother and spirit guides want you to comfort Ray's sister with his passing in knowing... "Although it was a sudden death and a shock to the family, it was his time for this life journey" and perhaps you three belong to the same soul group that might make sense too?... Our spirit guides do evoke these types of accounts in helping us full fill our own life mission s together to ease the pain and stay on the path... The spirit world are not restricted to linear time like we are in the here and now they do know ahead of our time when we take that last breath... On a side note, my father validated our account in a room, building as such without boring you will all the detail and funny you mentioned the 5th of may, that was the day I saw my mother unless my memory doesn't serve my right but the 5th has some significance in my own paranormal experiences without going back and finding out which one, anyway take care mate.

Regards Daz
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-11)
Miracles,

I know what you mean about dream messages or even better, dream 'visits'. 😊 I wish I could AP and visit with my mom more frequently, but I guess it's not meant to be that way. I'm just grateful for any contact. Thank you for your kind words and helping me share this. I appreciate it! ❤

Granny,

No need to vouch, I read many stories before joining (and since then) and see what a great guy Rook is. I'm glad he saw my story and shared his thoughts on something I find fascinating. 😊

- Dee
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-11)
I was multi-tasking (well, trying anyway) last night and didn't say all I wanted. I also wanted to say what a wonderful way to keep in touch with your mom ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Dee - I have had many messages through dreams that don't make sense at the time but they usually do later. It took me a long time (within this past year actually) to understand sometimes we just aren't supposed to prevent things from happening.

I'm glad you submitted this 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Rook,

I have read about breaking the number 11 down into a 2 life path number in the past (I had to refresh my memory though). For me, the information for both seem similar, with a few subtle differences. This is just my opinion though.

Your explanation of your methods for AP, OB and RV make perfect sense to me. I have not experienced RV, but am curious. Thank you for sharing your 'how to'. I still find this all fascinating, and wish everyone a positive experience.

No need for vouching, I have come across a few stories with individuals that you have helped. I value your input as well and am happy to 'speak' with a fellow projector. Thanks again for the information and your thoughts, I do appreciate it.

All the best,
Dee
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Dee - I can and will vouch for Rook. We've been friends for a long time.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: