You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Discord Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Discord Spirit

 

Krom once again, and it's been awhile since I've needed to come on here for answers (previous comments were very helpful with my last submission like a year ago so thank you to everyone who had helpful information). As previous readers will remember, my wife had recently been bequeathed an old antique chair which sits in our living room, well it still sits in the living room, but the activity has stopped from it completely (I assume what I'm about to talk about has nothing to do with that as it is COMPLETELY different in nature). So once again thank you for all your comments concerning it.

Now onto what I'm about to talk about. I'm not sure how to get into this so I'll just jump right in. Next to our living room is my computer room I use for both work and gaming at night with my cousin who lives in Grenada (his fiancé is in medical school down there), and in this room is also my dog Hannah's kennel as she likes to lay inside behind me while I'm playing at night before bed.

Recently, my computer had been having issues with overheating, which I had believed was an electrical problem as the light in the room kept blowing light bulbs (like 6 bulbs in the span of 2 weeks). This would always occur while I was at work and I'd come home to the light being out, and Hannah would be going full on crazy. In fact I could hear her barking and howling while turning down my street. But when I would come inside she would stop, and I just figured it was her anxiety or something of that nature.

Onto the computer, recently it had been having overheating problems, and would just CONSTANTLY shut down after a few minutes of being on. Well I had found out the problem and replaced the fan over the CPU and everything worked fine. But then other weird stuff started to begin happening. One night while gaming with a crew of people in Discord (voice connect app for those that don't know), we were all playing and my mic started having a meltdown. Weird noises and screams were coming from MY mic and my friends thought I was playing a weird prank on them. It was like static white noise and screaming and it scared me to death. We attributed it to a random glitch and moved on after it stopped.

2 weeks later the same thing happened again, but before it started up, my dog started barking behind me and just as I turned to shush her as the family was sleeping, my headset started blaring and screaming again. It sounded like a woman screaming at the top of her lungs inches from my ears. I threw the headset off and yanked the usb cord out of my PC tower and even without it being plugged in, the scream was STILL coming from my headset, and I yelled a few choice terrified words and ran upstairs to wake up my wife and had her come downstairs. You could still hear the headset while coming down the steps, that's how loud it was and just as we walked to the door to the computer room, it stopped and the light blew out in the room with a small popping sound (I guess like a single kernel of corn popping?).

Well I stopped gaming for a few days after that, and my wife doesn't seem too concerned, as she thinks a spirit was just "passing through", but I don't think that. There was enough of a space between the first and second instance that it doesn't seem like an "oh hi, just passing through screaming bloody murder" type thing.

I've also noticed the house next to ours has felt slightly weird (my computer room is the closest to the next house over), it is abandoned but the owner won't sell it. I offered to buy it because it's boarded up for the most part but cats infest the area because of it, just so I can knock it down and claim the land for a larger yard, but he wants an insane amount for it ($10,000 more than what we paid for our house, guy is crazy I think). I'm not sure if the spirit is there, because it doesn't feel like a spirit is actually IN my house, but just nearby.

Who knows for sure, but I wanted peoples' opinions on this whole electronic phenomenon. It's something I've never dealt with before, as ghosts and spirits usually just manifest and I actually see or hear them. Also, I'm almost 100% sure the spirit is not "physically" in my house, at least it doesn't feel that way. Is there a "range" or whatever a spirit can affect electronics? Also if the spirit is not in my house, how do I prevent this from happening again, because random 110 decibels is very jarring to say the least. Anything helpful would be appreciated.

Lastly, the date of this writing is 5/23/18, and when/if this gets posted, I will post any other occurrences that happen in the time between in the comments.

Other hauntings by Krom1987

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krom1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
That is an awesome story thank you for sharing it with us. I've never had any electrical experiences like the screaming or the light blowing so many times in such a short period of time but maybe replace the headset and change the light bulbs to LED? Also make sure you have surge protectors on your fuse box or have a power pack with surge protection, just to rule out power issues.

If the problem continues I'd smudge the house and open up all windows during the day to let light into as much space as possible.

I've heard of experiences like yours from stories on YouTube and from what I am lead to believe that everything is made up of energy and electricity is just another form of energy. Maybe the spirits are able to manipulate this energy and produce the screaming?

Please let us know how you go and I wish you and your partner the best 😁
Krom1987 (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-07)
Lucia - Discord isn't a site but rather a Skype like app I've used for years and years. It basically let's you and your other friends talk to each other. I've used other voice chat apps for online gaming as well such as Ventrillo since 2006 and this has never happened before. Even unplugged the screaming came through my mic. I only called it the discord spirit due to my friends hearing it through the app due to the sound screaming so loud through my headphones it bled into my mic. In fact I don't use my computer to browse any sites at all, only used for gaming. In fact I'm on my phone typing this comment lol.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-05)
Ok, I'm probably in the minority here but I believe that certain video games etc just aren't good for the mind. Now, I'm familiar with discord. I've looked at it here and there and it didn't seem too bad, so when my 2 teenage sons told me they were on that I didn't think too much at first. But to be sure, I've checked on stuff they were looking at and honestly I didn't think it too positive. I discouraged them from that site and told them to do something else. So, call me old school or whatever but I believe that website itself can mess with people.

So, my take on it is that you are right the spirit is not in your house but rather a part somehow of the negativity associated with that site. Like a collective scream from all of the chaos?

Maybe I'm completely wrong here. But, why don't you try doing some other site/game and see if anything bothers you again. I'm really curious anyway and would like to see what happens.
Krom1987 (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
Augusta - I like that idea of making a clear boundary and possibly blessing around the house to define it completely. Also I think it'd be a good idea putting a charm on Hannah's collar. She's my giant puppy and I hate when she freaks out.
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
Hi Krom,

Wow this really sucks. No idea what's going on, but I'd follow Augusta's suggestion and cleanse your place according to your beliefs.
I believe ghosts can manipulate electronics, there's enough encounters on here to attest to that.

Your feeling that the ghost isn't exactly in your house makes sense. If there's negative whatevers coming from the vacant property, I'd agree that could spill over into your place. Another reason to keep your place cleansed and shielded against wayward nonsense.

Last year one of our neighbours began behaving very oddly, we think he's suffering from dementia. It's difficult as his family seem to be in complete denial. Anywhoo he's been doing weird things like watering the pavement outside his house, and other things. As his behaviour became more overt we started experiencing weird touches and bumps in our place. We think it was poltergeist energy coming from the neighbour's house. The guy's odd behaviour, plus his family's apparent denial. Not a good combination. So I think it's very possible nearby negativity can spill on over to nearby locations. We needed to do a house cleanse around that time, when we did it cleared up.

Create a clear boundary with a good cleansing and shielding. Or keep any existing shields strong. Make sure to do all the way to the property line, not just the interior.

Hope this doesn't happen again. You may also be working up some telekenetic energy within that room, while gaming. That could be blowing the lightbulb, or contributing at least. Your mood/energy while gaming might get so intense that it's contributing to whatever other energies/spirits may be near by. Keeping yourself cleansed and shielded should sort that out too.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
Oooh boy! That is jarring! Though, I have to say, I laughed out loud at "oh hi, just passing through screaming bloody murder"!

In all seriousness, though, your suppositions about the house next door may hold water. I say maybe try a cleansing on your house. Then, perhaps, a circle of salt around each house (one around your own and another around the vacant home) to keep what is there where it is and keep things out of your house. There are various plants too that are said to have certain powers - maybe a small planting bed between the two properties could help. Rosemary is often amongst those recommended and as its one of the easiest possible plants to grow and inexpensive - it might be a good place to start.

I am so sorry this thing is freaking out your dog. Seeing one of my babies tormented by something I couldn't see would drive me nuts! If she wears a collar, maybe add a protective charm to it - according to your beliefs - saints medals, a prayer medal, a piece that has been blessed, a crystal etc...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: