You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Death Stare

Real Ghost Stories

The Death Stare

 

Though this incident happened with me and my husband, it had faded from my memory up until last night when it came up while discussing with my mother about the trip during which it had happened.

At the outset, I would like to mention that I share a beautiful relationship with my husband. We do have our share of disagreements and arguments like any other couple, but not at the cost of the mutual respect and love we feel for each other. Besides our daughter, he is the only person for whom I'll happily give my life away and I am sure the feeling is mutual.

So the year was December 2016 and we were off to this small beach town in Konkan region in Maharashtra state to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. This town is famous for a temple of the deity whom I worship and it is located close to the shore. So with the intention of seeking His blessings for our married life as well as enjoying the beach, we had booked a three night stay at a beach resort which was fairly close to both the temple and the beach.

Our room itself was spacious and airy with double doors leading to a sea facing balcony which brought in good amount of light and air into the room. Since we reached in the day, we were pretty pleased with the breathtaking view of the sea and our choice of the resort. After a quick lunch and nap we went for a stroll on the beach in the evening. After returning back to the room, we closed the double doors of the balcony to prevent the swarm of mosquitoes from entering into the room. As there were no lights on the beach, the view of the sea that felt so beautiful in the morning was pitch dark in the night and only the sound of the waves hitting the shore could be heard. The atmosphere in the room too had changed. Even though the lights were on, the room felt dark, gloomy and overall depressing, the closed doors and windows adding to the suffocating feeling. I felt uneasy, sad, depressed and suffocated all at once in the room.

After dinner that night I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed, facing towards my husband, who was busy on his cell phone. I am not sure for how long I slept, but at one point I suddenly woke up. Now there was no disturbance that could have woken me up, but this is not unusual of me by any means. What was unusual though was I woke up without stirring. Still facing towards my husband, I opened my eyes and kept on staring at my him without blinking. I was aware of staring at him but somehow couldn't stop and by each passing minute I was feeling immense hatred towards him. This was not over something as trivial as he still being busy on his cell phone. It was much more raw and intense and was beyond my control. I felt no love for him at that moment and was almost on the verge of attacking him. I must have stared only for a minute or two but it felt like a couple of minutes. Before things could get out of hand, I saw my husband turn to the other side, keep his cell phone on the table, turn back towards me with a smile and ask me why I woke up. This broke the spell and brought me back to reality. I shook my head in answer, turned to the other side and slept again.

The next day, I forgot about this incident until my husband mentioned it. According to him, while he was busy on his cell phone, he suddenly sensed the tension in the room and saw me giving him the death stare from the corner of his eye. He felt that any moment then I might have removed a knife from under the covers and stabbed him. So without looking at me, he kept his cell phone on the side table, gathered some courage and turned to smile and talk to me to ease the tension. He said the situation gave him the heebie jeebies and that I'd managed to scare the life out of him.

We discussed some more about it, laughed together and I apologized for scaring him. We put the incident behind us and looked forward to enjoy and celebrate our anniversary. Nothing untoward happened during the rest of our stay except me feeling uncomfortable in the room after sundown.

As I look back upon it, I can still remember the hatred I felt towards my husband that night. I am still confused and clueless as to what it actually was. That is the purpose of posting this experience on this forum and any ideas or suggestions regarding it will be appreciated.

Although it was one of the best trips of my life and the resort was unexceptionally beautiful, the mere memory of that room and this incident is enough to refrain me from going back to that place.

Other hauntings by Sonali007

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sonali007, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darkknight_10 (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
I think there's a chance that you might've experienced sleep paralysis since you mentioned that you fell asleep and woke up again many a times when you wake up your body might not this results in an acute paralysis where one is unable to speak and move but eyes are generally awake also you were on vacation so all that sight seeing would've been tiring which would be the reason for sleep paralysis if you experienced sleep paralysis many people have different kinds some feel their neck being choked or inability to breathe while some even hallucinate many times resulting them to think something paranormal had attacked them but on the other hand you mentioned that you felt uneasy in the room and felt hatred while starting at your husband which can be associated as paranormal experience since bad spirits can bring negativity, depression or hatred
Saturn (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-20)
Nice story.
I think it might have been a spirit passing by, generally when ghosts are around as for stories I have heard it creates negativity in that area making you do things that you never do, as in the above case giving a death stare to your husband.
Well thanks for posting didi, waiting to hear from you. 😊
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
It's a matter of thought that you're actually conscious at that time but what about the moment you're husband was on his cellphone, still it's better being ignorant of the paranormal. And I respect your decision that you chosed to stay away from this. Keep posting on, looking forward to hear more from you.
Sonali007 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Hey

Glad you enjoyed the read and many thanks for the nice words.

It was interesting of you to mention possession since that was the first thing that popped in my head the next morning when I and my husband discussed about the incident. But I rejected the thought since I was actually quite aware of staring at him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess people who are possessed lose their senses and don't remember anything afterwards. I, on the other hand, can still recall the incident and more importantly the feeling associated with it.

As for investigating the resort, I purposely refrained myself from digging for more information as we wanted to enjoy the trip (took a lot of efforts in planning that one) and I didn't want to scare myself especially when there were no other rooms available for us to shift. I've no plans of returning to that place anytime soon even though my husband insists on visiting again. The memories were priceless but the loss of control of my senses made me feel open and vulnerable and still sends shudders down my spine.

Again, thanks for your input.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Hi Sonali,

Your story is well told, I enjoyed the way you gave every detail an important part of the event. Still a question, your husband pointed that he saw you giving him death glares while he was busy on his cellphone, and you remarked that incident was at peak in the night, could it be a possession?, Like you're being possessed by something which you're unaware of.

I believe a little research on the background of the resorts could help to release the curiosity. I got no intention of scaring you but you see the women who are tortured by men in their lives tend to turn to "witches" and are actually jealous of the happy-spirited couples so I am suspicious of that... But overall it was a intriguing encounter, luckily none of you are harmed.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: