You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crawling Hallway Creeper

Real Ghost Stories

Crawling Hallway Creeper

 

Me and my sister grew up in a trailer in the boonies, with our mom and dad. It was always creepy and strange in that old hollow, not only was there an abandoned old church right outside our bedroom window that you could hear ghostly preaching and singing on some nights, but there was also an old cemetary in the field on daddy's land that had headstones dated back in the 1800s that still had soft ground and maggots. There are so many ghost stories of our childhood home. From a little ghost girl to my dad seeing a disembodied ghost leg standing in the middle of the living room and one of our dogs licking it and the other dog standing on the television barking at it. Here is just one of the many stories that played a part in my fear of the dark and long hallways to this day.

When I was about fourteen years old, my cousin spent the night with us, he was about twelve. We had been out all day and didn't get home until around 10 o'clock that night. There was a long hallway in our trailer my sister and I were always afraid of. So it was dark and I asked my cousin to go turn on the hall light so I could go to the bathroom. As we were walking through the hall we heard the door to the bathroom bang open against the washing machine. Mom and dad yelled and asked what that sound was. When we looked around the door we saw what looked like a girl in a wet green dress with long stringy black wet hair over her face crawling out of the bathroom. Needless to say we screamed and didn't walk to the bathroom alone for years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashleyjacobs779, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-19)
Yeah probably like just soft ground. Is it a very humid wet area to begin with? I don't think that's related. I think that's just the topography of the ground. Maybe just a wormy area. That's what I would think.

I do believe the just a leg thing. I've seen just an arm in one of my hauntings in my house. I think I've read of a few stories on here too where it was just a partial form as well. Usually, I think in these cases, it's a pretty dark entity.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
I was thinking about the soft ground and maggots; this isn't a pretty picture but it might explain it... Perhaps there was a dead animal there or in the vicinity? That might explain the dirt and maggots, just a thought (albeit a gross one).

As for the girl seen crawling... Hmmm. That leaves me somewhat stumped. Maybe a trick of the light? Did you have a family member around that would play a prank on you? Just putting some ideas out there.

Dee
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
I have a problem getting my head around the sight of maggots, on the surface of the graveyard. Gil Grissom (CSI Las Vegas) taught the viewers a little bit about maggots and Uncle Google backed him up.

The problem is that maggots cannot live underground, so were they actually worms mistaken as maggots or lady-glow's zombies leaving evidence at the scene of the crime? Let alone dropping a leg in the living room.

Hope there are more stories in the pipeline.
Rex-T
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
I thought "sadako" only crawls out from the TV screen? I never knew "she" can come out from the bathroom. 😁 😁

Anyways, love to read more stories from you Ashleyjacobs779
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Ashleyjacobs779,

I have never heard about this type of residual hauntings before. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it is possible that your house serves as a portal passage for the spirits.

As you've mentioned that the trailer you used to reside in is bounded by a cementry and the top of that an abandoned chruch, so it is possible that the spirits consider it as a pathway connecting to the apparent realm which generally is not visible to us humans and the fact that they didn't harm any of the family members confirms it.

You could have blessed the house so as to decrease the activities if they are really disturbing still I think it won't have lasted long with all the negativity around. I maybe wrong though.

Jubeele- Certainly it resembles to that ghost, but this one appears to be a little less vengeful than her 😆.

Ladyglow- Zombies could be it as it is near a cemetery, but this idea is pretty scary, impact of TV watching I guess. 😁.

Regards
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
That disembodied leg - could that be a partial manifestation? Perhaps the apparition ran out of energy and couldn't materialise completely? The dogs didn't sound as if they were too frightened though. Do you think it was someone's leg they recognised? 🤔

"...a girl in a wet green dress with long stringy black wet hair over her face crawling out..." I thought at once of the scene from the movie Ring (リング Ringu) where the vengeful spirit (Onryō) of Sadako Yamamura crawls of the well. Still think the original Japanese version was heaps scarier. 😱

I do hope you're wrong, lady-glow and it wasn't zombies. Hate zombies. So scary and unhygienic! 😲
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
"...had headstones dated back in the 1800s that still had soft ground and maggots."
Really...? 😱

I'm afraid many zombies were buried in that cemetery and they used to escape their grave during the night dragging the maggots out... Otherwise, there's no way a body that has been buried for over a century wouldn't have decomposed completely.💀

I might be wrong, though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: